Rd Count [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rd Count

Madmax1010
01-29-2012, 11:15
Hello ladies and gents.

I have a question for you to give your opinons on.

As an individual not a cop or any time of profession that requires you to carry a gun, I mean you can be a cop or what ever but just give your opinions as an private individual citizen.

Does it really matter if you carry a gun let go with 45 acp that holds 13 rd mag or an 8 rd mag?
I mean really will you feel that much safer with the 13 rd mag or the 8?

I was training a kid the other day well he's 47 yrs old a kid to me.
Any way he shot the sig p220 at an expert level and a glock 21sf at a novice level or less.
I suggested he get him self a sig to carry and he says I think I will go with a g21 or g30 because I feel much safer with a higher rd count.

Does that really make sense to you?
Thank about it 9 vs 14 rds whats the big deal?:rofl:

TDC20
01-29-2012, 11:27
What does it matter how many times you can miss? :rofl:

The way I look at it, if you can't make the first 1 or 2 count, you might not get a chance to use the rest of the magazine. Everyone needs to be comfortable and confident with the weapon they shoot, but you should also be able to hit what you're shooting at. Bullets flying around are going to find somewhere to stop, hopefully not in an innocent person.

There's always the possibility that you could find yourself in a shootout with a squad of terrorists or zombies, but I haven't heard of happening very often lately. Besides, there is such a thing as a spare magazine (or two, if you're so inclined).

That's just my opinion. With practice, he can probably learn to shoot the Glock as well as he does the Sig.

xmanhockey7
01-29-2012, 13:59
The way I see it I'd much rather have more rounds than what I need. Sometimes the sight of the gun scares the bad guy(s) off. Other times it takes an entire high capacity magazine or more.
If I'm OCing in Michigan I have 15+1 (Glock 22) and 2 spare 15 round mags.

If I'm CCing in a state which I have a recognized permit I have my Springfield XDm 3.8c 40 11+1 in the gun with 2 16 round spare mags and my Sig P238 6+1.

agent clark
01-29-2012, 14:04
Yep, carry and shoot what your good with and carry a couple of mags. Practice tactical reloads, too.

packsaddle
01-29-2012, 15:30
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1395779

pizza_pablo
01-29-2012, 19:42
Here is a discussion, for you: Making a case for a spare mag (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1397209)

I feel comfortable with 10 rnds of .40, but after reading that thread, I will be carrying a spare mag, as soon as the mag carrier arrives.