AR-15 book? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 book?

Glock 1
01-29-2012, 12:30
Awhile back I was reading a thread about AR builds and one of you posted the name and author of a great book about AR's. I confess I forgot the name and I cannot locate that thread now.

Someone posted and said it was the hands down best book about the complete AR experience. I would like to buy this book but need the name again.

Anyone know what it is?

John43
01-29-2012, 14:41
Green eyes and black rifles?

Jason D
01-29-2012, 16:04
Was is something by Glen Zediker?

Glock 1
01-29-2012, 18:11
Green eyes and black rifles?

That's it! By Kyle Lamb. Yes, thank you. Been busting my grey matter looking for that post for 2 days. :wow:

Are there any others? Consider me a beginner. I want to read up on AK's and AR's before I buy anything. Is Patrick Sweeney's stuff accurate?

WayaX
01-29-2012, 20:59
Green Eyes Black Rifles is a great resource. The Magpul DVD's are another one. Larry Vickers has some DVDs out now, too (but I don't have much info on them).

The other thing you'll want to do is take a course from a quality instructor, they're worth more than 100 books.

Glock 1
01-30-2012, 19:05
Instructor is a great idea. I ordered the book. I know next to nothing about rifles. I have been around pistols all my life. I want to buy an AR and an AK and I want to read up on them before I make my purchase.