Dont buy a Caracal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dont buy a Caracal

RYT 2BER
01-29-2012, 21:47
I posting this here since I have seen in other threads that people seem to think the UAE is just a swell bunch of folks. Also some people believe that caracal is made in Germany now however the ones made in Germany are made by a subsidiary of caracal LLC

We send these jokers enough money for oil.. let's not compound the problem.. we need oil so we have no choice.. you can however choose another gun...

Much more info is available from the link

http://almanac.afpc.org/united-arab-emirates

In the wake of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, the United Arab Emirates has come to be identified as significantly, if indirectly, involved in Islamic terrorism. Two of the nineteen 9/11 hijackers were residents of the UAE, while another resided there. 1 Nearly a decade after those attacks, much of the Arab world is in a state of upheaval, and the governments of two of the UAE’s Arabian Peninsula neighbors, Bahrain and Yemen, are facing severe challenges to their authority. Yet the UAE, to all appearances, remains calm. This is due in large part to the cultural setting in which the interpretation and practice of Islam have evolved in the UAE, as well as to the nature of the country’s leadership since its independence in 1971. The “father” of the UAE (and its president from the country’s founding in 1971 until his death in 2004), Zayid bin Sultan Al Nahyan, promoted and personified a conservative but moderate interpretation of Islam, which helped to legitimate government efforts to check and contain Islamic extremism. Since 9/11, the UAE has devoted serious efforts to countering Islamic terrorism, the extreme forms of belief that promote it, and the financial support that facilitates it. Yet while these efforts have been overwhelmingly successful, international concerns remain that terrorist plots could be carried out from or through the UAE, and that some terrorist financing taking place within the country remains hidden or unacknowledged.

bac1023
01-29-2012, 21:48
Interesting

raven11
01-29-2012, 21:54
so i'm guessing you don't buy German handguns, because we did go to war with them twice. You don't buy Czech guns because they did give a bunch to the NVA during the war. And Russian guns are being used against us to this day so those are out:dunno:

the guy who made the gun at the factory is just trying to earn a honest buck just like the guy who made my HK P7 isn't goose-stepping to work and draws plans to invade Poland during his lunch break

Andrewsky
01-29-2012, 21:56
Not a very convincing argument you have there OP...

"Since 9/11, the UAE has devoted serious efforts to countering Islamic terrorism, the extreme forms of belief that promote it, and the financial support that facilitates it."

RYT 2BER
01-29-2012, 21:58
so i'm guessing you don't buy German handguns, because we did go to war with them twice. You don't buy Czech guns because they did give a bunch to the NVA during the war. And Russian guns are being used against us to this day so those are out:dunno:

the guy who made the gun at the factory is just trying to earn a honest buck just like the guy who made my HK P7 isn't goose-stepping to work and draws plans to invade Poland during his lunch break

The famous German stupidity.. I'm not concerned with a war from 50+ years ago... I am concerned with people CURRENTLY FUNDING OUR ENEMIES AND PUTTING AMERICAN CIVILIANS AND SOLDIERS IN DANGER!

HOW DOES THAT GRAB YOU!?

RYT 2BER
01-29-2012, 21:59

"Since 9/11, the UAE has devoted serious efforts to countering Islamic terrorism, the extreme forms of belief that promote it, and the financial support that facilitates it."

Why don't you follow the link... actually read it.. and convince yourself.

Even that clip you quoted leaves out the end that says the uae is a suspected source of terrorist funding. Why don't people on the forum read?

MedicOni
01-29-2012, 22:05
Sorry, I like that pistol too much to care where it's made.

matt_lowry123
01-29-2012, 22:12
I didn't even know what it was until I looked it up. Man that is one ugly gun!!!

I clicked on the link but I didn't feel like reading it all.

Either way, that gun looks like it sucks.

01-29-2012, 22:16
If you're worried about a few bucks going to the UAE. perhaps you should direct your anger to the feds. We signed a defense agreement with them in 1994, and tax dollars are going to the UAE, in the hundreds if not billions. Al Dhafra air base and Jebel Ali port two of the main bases the US operates. Our .gov considers them an important ally in the region especially as things escalate with Iran.

RYT 2BER
01-29-2012, 22:21
If you're worried about a few bucks going to the UAE. perhaps you should direct your anger to the feds. We signed a defense agreement with them in 1994, and tax dollars are going to the UAE, in the hundreds if not billions. Al Dhafra air base and Jebel Ali port two of the main bases the US operates. Our .gov considers them an important ally in the region especially as things escalate with Iran.

Thanks but I'm concerned with controlling my money and voting with my wallet.. I do see your point though.. I mean why stand up for anything? :upeyes:

We as consumers can only do what we can do. I also make it a point to buy American when I can.. I'd rather support my fellow citizens.. And when possible I try to not support our enemies. Does that mean I never buy imports? Of course not. But I'm sure as hell not going out of my way to send money to the UAE!

G26S239
01-29-2012, 22:25
Why don't you follow the link... actually read it.. and convince yourself.

Even that clip you quoted leaves out the end that says the uae is a suspected source of terrorist funding. Why don't people on the forum read?
I did read the link. You have not made a convincing case. As far as buying a Caracal though it is just a gussied up Steyr M40. I shot an M40 years ago and did not like it.

01-29-2012, 22:30
Thanks but I'm concerned with controlling my money and voting with my wallet.. I do see your point though.. I mean why stand up for anything? :upeyes:

We as consumers can only do what we can do. I also make it a point to buy American when I can.. I'd rather support my fellow citizens.. And when possible I try to not support our enemies. Does that mean I never buy imports? Of course not. But I'm sure as hell not going out of my way to send money to the UAE!

Very good! Have fun tilting at windmills and good luck. :wavey:

txgunguy
01-29-2012, 22:34
I have to agree, I won't buy one on principal.

RYT 2BER
01-29-2012, 22:34
I did read the link. You have not made a convincing case. As far as buying a Caracal though it is just a gussied up Steyr M40. I shot an M40 years ago and did not like it.

http://www.dawn.com/2011/05/22/saudi-arabia-uae-financing-extremism-in-south-punjab.html

Here's another... tell me how many you want/need... there are about 10000 articles about uae money going to terrorist organizations.. I can post up all night.. maybe then you'll be "convinced". :faint:

tim12232
01-29-2012, 22:35
honestly I would go with the Steyr pistol over the Caracal any day and twice on whatever day im off! Looks better, little bit batter aftermarket support and looks alot better.

And yes I personally would first support made in USA then Austria then Germany. I dont like even getting oil from UAE.
just my .03!

RYT 2BER
01-29-2012, 22:36
I have to agree, I won't buy one on principal.

Nice to see a patriot on this thread. Thank you :thumbsup:

RYT 2BER
01-29-2012, 22:41
Very good! Have fun tilting at windmills and good luck. :wavey:

Tilting at windmills? I had to Google it.. means fighting a mis-perceived enemy.... there are tens of thousands of articles and data about the uae being involved in fundinging terrorism.... nothing "mis perceived"about that.

01-29-2012, 22:48
Tilting at windmills? I had to Google it.. means fighting a mis-perceived enemy.... there are tens of thousands of articles and data about the uae being involved in fundinging terrorism.... nothing "mis perceived"about that.

It also means fighting a futile/unwinnable battle.

t1tan
01-29-2012, 23:17
Threads like these make me want to buy each variant of the Caracal.

joecoastie
01-29-2012, 23:19
I think the money the UAE get from us for oil should be far more of a concern. I would imagine that money from the sales of the Caracal are a fraction of a drop in a bucket by comparison. But I suppose it is more convenient to boycott a pistol that you probably had no intention of buying in the first place. Really want to show all of us how patriotic you are? Sell your car or truck and buy a bike.

Foxtrotx1
01-29-2012, 23:42

OP is quite opinionated, too bad he doesn't have the brains to back it up.

Lior
01-30-2012, 02:27
Best not to mix politics with arms purchasing sources.

If Uzis are good enough for Muslims (according to Lord of War) and Browning Hi-Powers for Nazis, then a Caracal is good enough for a private citizen of any denomination who enjoys shooting and does not subcontract all of his personal security to his state.

jp3975
01-30-2012, 05:23
I also make it a point to buy American when I can.
Then why the Desert Eagle? You couldve had a SW .460 or 500mag. Even the .454 beats 50AE.

Its just a gun. Why get up on a soap box and spaz out about it? You dont live in St Lucia next to fireslayer23 do you?

No one buys the gun anyway. You probably just sold a few though.

It sounds like a pretty cool gun. Designed by the guy who made the Steyr M series and he was also a gun designer for Glock.

ChuteTheMall
01-30-2012, 05:35

This. They are doing what they can. Muslims all over the world fund radical terrorism, whether they know it or not.

Do you also boycott Turkey, Indonesia, Eurabia and Michigan? Fundraising for Islamic terrorism happens inside the Beltway too, at a mosque in Falls Church VA.

What percentage of the UAE's GNP comes from handgun manufacturing as opposed to oil exports?

I have actually fired two of these pistols, they were brought by an importer to a rather Glock-centric training class I was taking. They worked fine, had weird sights (I've never seen a Steyr) and seemed well-made but I see no advantage of an exotic oddity over a Glock for my purposes.

Captain Steinbrenner
01-30-2012, 06:45
What a load of horse manure......:upeyes:

Bilbo Bagins
01-30-2012, 07:59
Personally I never understood why people were excited about Caracal. Its not a pretty gun, not cheap when compared to some American and European guns, and I can't see any pride in ownership.

I'm like the OP, I hold a grudge when it comes to my purchasing choices. With the exception of vodka, I avoid Russian products. The USSR enslaved some of my relatives and killed some others. Same with Vietnam, I can't tell you how many articles of clothing I picked up in a store and was willing to buy, but when I seen that "Made in Vietnam" label it went back on the shelf. Pakistan same thing, you toyed with us and sat on Bin Laden, so you get no money from me.

The UAE, I don't think they are that friendly to the USA, but I would not consider them enemies. Its sort of like Cuba, They are not the best of friends, but they were never actively trying to kill me, anyone in my family, or anyone else in the USA. If the markets open tomorrow and Cuba cigars were sold in the USA, I would buy one. However the Caracal is no Cuban cigar. The UAE is no mecca for gun manufacturing, and the Caracal is a fugly middle east version of the S&W Sigma. Unless it sold for $200 or less, I don't think I would ever buy one.

RYT 2BER
01-30-2012, 08:13
Then why the Desert Eagle? You couldve had a SW .460 or 500mag. Even the .454 beats 50AE.

:rofl:"beats" 50ae? What are you 12 years old or something?

Thats about as insightful as saying well a Lamborghini is faster than a Ferrari.. one goes 180mph and the other goes 175mph.

Plus you are comparing revolvers and semi autos. Exactly which semi auto manufactured in the USA could I have purchased that fires 50ae or 44mag? Oh? Im sorry... none maybe? :upeyes:

Hell why didnt you just mention a barrett? Its about as applicable.

And in finality, what exactly does this all have to do with purchasing a gun from a country that supports our enemies? :dunno:

ca survivor
01-30-2012, 08:18
I won't.

Kaybe
01-30-2012, 08:49
I won't buy one just because of where it is made. The UAE will not let you in the country if you have been to Israel. If your passport is stamped that you have been to Israel, they wont let you in. They won't get any money out of me. Same with products made in Turkey. Your money is yours(until the govt finds a way to take more of it), do with it what you will. I will not support those who are enemies of the US or Israel.

my762buzz
01-30-2012, 09:17
I have seen plenty of this concept of not buying certain guns because of personal politics, but it makes me wonder.

Do any native americans refuse to buy guns made by white americans or europeans based on the forceful takeover of early America which led to the extermination of much of the natives?

Do any african americans refuse to buy guns made by white americans because of the former slave trade?

I guess when there is no choice but to purchase them from the not so liked source it becomes a necessary evil as some would put it.

However, the same concept can extend to war trophies that soldiers collect.
What about American soldiers keeping Nazi items from WW2 or Vietnam related items from that conflict?

MedicOni
01-30-2012, 09:39
I won't buy one just because of where it is made. The UAE will not let you in the country if you have been to Israel. If your passport is stamped that you have been to Israel, they wont let you in. They won't get any money out of me. Same with products made in Turkey. Your money is yours(until the govt finds a way to take more of it), do with it what you will. I will not support those who are enemies of the US or Israel.

I dunno, Turkey has made some nice guns, including one 10mm that's on my to buy list.
But I also couldn't care less about Israel. We've held their hand too long, they should be on their own.

RYT 2BER
01-30-2012, 10:22
I have seen plenty of this concept of not buying certain guns because of personal politics, but it makes me wonder.

Do any native americans refuse to buy guns made by white americans or europeans based on the forceful takeover of early America which led to the extermination of much of the natives?

Do any african americans refuse to buy guns made by white americans because of the former slave trade?

I guess when there is no choice but to purchase them from the not so liked source it becomes a necessary evil as some would put it.

What about American soldiers keeping Nazi items from WW2 or Vietnam related items from that conflict?

What makes you wonder? Really isnt that complicated. Voting with your wallet is a fantastic way to show your support or lack thereof for anything. Some people will choose to do it on principal and others wont.

Your argument about indians, african americans, and germany I have addressed at the beginning of this thread. You are referencing events which took place tens, and maybe in some cases close to hundreds of years ago. I get that point, however the UAE (according to 1000's of documents easily readable by google fu'ing yourself into the ground) are responsible for CURRENTLY (current means NOW by the way, not 40,80 or 150 years ago) funding our enemies.

Our solders risk their lives every day (and in some cases die) against people who are potentially funded by the UAE directly or indirectly.

This thread has done a great job of illustrating the patriots on the board, and the sheep.

MrVvrroomm
01-30-2012, 10:26
I have a Caracal C and am buying an F this week.

Perhaps the OP should start worrying about the home-grown terrorists we have right here.

RYT 2BER
01-30-2012, 10:26
I'm like the OP, I hold a grudge when it comes to my purchasing choices. With the exception of vodka, I avoid Russian products. The USSR enslaved some of my relatives and killed some others. Same with Vietnam, I can't tell you how many articles of clothing I picked up in a store and was willing to buy, but when I seen that "Made in Vietnam" label it went back on the shelf. Pakistan same thing, you toyed with us and sat on Bin Laden, so you get no money from me.

Thank you sir. You are a man of with principles. Wish it was a more common trait.

t1tan
01-30-2012, 10:27
This thread has done a great job of illustrating the patriots on the board, and the sheep.

LOL :rofl:

RYT 2BER
01-30-2012, 10:29
I have a Caracal C and am buying an F this week.

Perhaps the OP should start worrying about the home-grown terrorists we have right here.

Nah, Im more focused on the ones we're currently at war with...

Enjoy that Caracal. You're quite the patriot.

RYT 2BER
01-30-2012, 10:30
LOL :rofl:

Thats the best ya had? Wow.. arent you supposed to be in school now?:dunno:

MrVvrroomm
01-30-2012, 10:39
Nah, Im more focused on the ones we're currently at war with...

Enjoy that Caracal. You're quite the patriot.

baaa baaaa

bigleaf
01-30-2012, 10:56
What a silly argument the OP makes.

The reason I bought a Caracal was the reason I buy any gun. I shot it and I liked it.

It's what the Gen 4 should have been. The best "Glock" trigger, being that the firing pin safety is eased to the side rather than having to be forced up into the slide. Closest grip to the bore axis of any pistol made. Full rails and a removable-from-the-polymer frame. Fastest shot-to-shot accuracy of any factory pistol I've ever shot. And it's thinner for the same capacity (C model equates to a 19 and holds 15 rds in the mag. The F (full) size is about like a 17, but holds 18 rds.)

You'll be seeing them more and more in IDPA shooting, too. A stock gun that runs like it's been tricked out is always a bargain! They're already winning matches, too.

Thinking about it, I think I'll buy another Caracal.

On another note, what's the right tuber, anyway? (Am I reading RYT 2BER correctly?) I've always been fond of sweet potatoes, myself. And it gets my goat when someone calls a yam a sweet potato. And don't get me started about the Pro-Jerusalem artichoke folks.

RYT 2BER
01-30-2012, 11:04
What a silly argument the OP makes.

Silly argument? Really? That it is a mistake to financially support companies or places that are our enemies.

Hmm.. :dunno:

Strange... but somehow I dont see that as being silly... As a Caracal owner it is painfully obvious that you do.

my762buzz
01-30-2012, 11:06
Our solders risk their lives every day (and in some cases die) against people who are potentially funded by the UAE directly or indirectly.

Sometimes this makes more sense than other times.

In the case of UAE, most of the culture is anti-America and avoiding the UAE products makes a statement directly against the culture. I also agree that it prevents potential funding of terror.

In the case of Cuba which is also an enemy, the government dictatorship is the enemy so buying Cuban cigars made by Cubans that hate their dictator
does not strike me as unpatriotic.

I have no interest in buying a caracal and can't stand the anti-amercian culture of Islam.

On the other hand, I think buying a Cuban cigar should not be illegal and would not be unpatriotic.

cowboy1964
01-30-2012, 11:15
Looking forward to your links proving Caracal is funding terrorism. You'd think the U.S. government would be going after them, wouldn't ya. Let alone barring importation of their products. Maybe the Obama administration just missed this. Maybe you should call them.

cowboy1964
01-30-2012, 11:19
Do you buy Chinese products?

fnfalman
01-30-2012, 11:20
Don't buy Glock or Steyr guns either. Hitler was an Austrian. Not to mention that Arnold was also an Austrian and as the Governator he signed the bill banning .50BMG sales in California.

arclight610

One big difference. All the events you described are in the past, and they are no more. The 14th amendment abolished slavery, Native Americans are making a killing in the Casino business, and you can get arrested in Germany for even having the image of a Swastika.

The OP is referring to events that are happening today, as he is alluding to the UAE and terrorism. I'm not going to comment on it now, because I haven't done my own research on it yet and formulated an opinion.

However, I do try to buy my products based on some principle if I have a choice. If I come to the conclusion that the UAE supports terrorism, then I probably won't be buying a Caracal (not that I would be anyways, because I'm poor). It would be the similar to it being the 1940's and me buy a German gun (made by Jewish slaves), just because it "fits my hand well."

The Pirate
I bet there is a higher chance that the guy who put your Caracal together would shoot you with it than most other guns you own.

MadMonkey
01-30-2012, 11:21
I also make it a point to buy American when I can

So... where were your computer parts made? :whistling:

Don't you pay taxes? Aren't you supporting an organization that wants to see the USA destroyed? :rofl:

fnfalman
01-30-2012, 11:22
One big difference. All the events you described are in the past, and they are no more. The 14th amendment abolished slavery, Native Americans are making a killing in the Casino business, and you can get arrested in Germany for even having the image of a Swastika.

The OP is referring to events that are happening today, as he is alluding to the UAE and terrorism. I'm not going to comment on it now, because I haven't done my own research on it yet and formulated an opinion.

However, I do try to buy my products based on some principle if I have a choice. If I come to the conclusion that the UAE supports terrorism, then I probably won't be buying a Caracal (not that I would be anyways, because I'm poor). It would be the similar to it being the 1940's and me buy a German gun (made by Jewish slaves), just because it "fits my hand well."

What makes you think that the USA won't go to war with Germany and the Austro-Hungarians again? Can you predict the future?

cysoto
01-30-2012, 11:33
The Caracal has a really nice trigger feel right out of the box and great ergonomics. Once you handle one or, better yet, shoot one, you'll convince yourself that this is actually a very well designed firearm.

Try one before you dismiss it solely based on political ideology. I assure you that, after you do, you will end up buying one too.

dan1488
01-30-2012, 11:43
I expected it to look like a hi point from reading some of the posts, I had never heard of it before. I don't think it looks all that bad, unfortunately they don't make a 10mm so I am not looking to get one.

Cream Soda Kid
01-30-2012, 11:44
I certainly won't, for the same reasons you've stated.

joecoastie
01-30-2012, 11:46
In the case of Cuba which is also an enemy, the government dictatorship is the enemy so buying Cuban cigars made by Cubans that hate their dictator
does not strike me as unpatriotic.

I'm pretty sure all the Cuban cigar companies are owned by the Cuban government.

my762buzz
01-30-2012, 12:08
I'm pretty sure all the Cuban cigar companies are owned by the Cuban government.

That is a good point. But considering how Americans also purchase plenty from the communist Chinese empire, then would it be any more wrong to make it legal for Cuban cigars. The US government favors one communist regime over another and it seems rather silly.

RYT 2BER
01-30-2012, 12:14
Do you buy Chinese products?

So... where were your computer parts made? :whistling:

:rofl:

Im sorry... did I miss a meeting? Are we at war with China? Is China funding Islamist extremism?

Do you guys actually think, or just type on autopilot? What does China or computer products have to do with the UAE?

MadMonkey
01-30-2012, 12:32
Are we at war with China?

Are we at war with the UAE? :dunno:

I must have misread the part about you buying American when possible. Or did you "need" a computer badly enough that you set aside your patriotism to purchase goods made in another country? Sounds like your love of the USA tends to falter when it's inconvenient.

Giving money to a Communist country, eh. Off with his head :rofl:

01-30-2012, 12:58
Are we at war with the UAE? :dunno:

I must have misread the part about you buying American when possible. Or did you "need" a computer badly enough that you set aside your patriotism to purchase goods made in another country? Sounds like your love of the USA tends to falter when it's inconvenient.

Giving money to a Communist country, eh. Off with his head :rofl:
Funny, isn't it? These chest thumping "patriotism" arguments fall apart completely, when pointed out what hypocrites they are.

joecoastie
01-30-2012, 13:05
That is a good point. But considering how Americans also purchase plenty from the communist Chinese empire, then would it be any more wrong to make it legal for Cuban cigars. The US government favors one communist regime over another and it seems rather silly.

Which brings me back to my original point, we spend billions on oil from countries that are far more anti-American than the UAE and that is OK, on the other hand if you really want to prove how patriotic you are you should boycott a relatively obscure pistol from the UAE. :upeyes:

joecoastie
01-30-2012, 13:10
.......With the exception of vodka, I avoid Russian products......

So you boycott Russia as long as it doesn't effect your drinking habits? Hardcore man.

Funny, isn't it? These chest thumping "patriotism" arguments fall apart completely, when pointed out what hypocrites they are.

Yep, as long as its convenient. If they really were serious about not funding terrorism they would sell all their petroleum powered cars and trucks and ride horses or bicycles everywhere.

hamster
01-30-2012, 13:17
So you boycott Russia as long as it doesn't effect your drinking habits? Hardcore man.

Yep, as long as its convenient. If they really were serious about not funding terrorism they would sell all their petroleum powered cars and trucks and ride horses or bicycles everywhere.

EXACTLY!!! This idiocy is so superficial and fallacious it is barely even worth a response. Fact is, anyone who has ever read a book knows that many countries have financial interests in the UAE. UAE is a tax shelter just like the bahamas. The fact that the company is "based" there is almost certainly a method of avoiding taxes and gun laws in some other country. To jump to the conclusion that buying this particular gun is like supporting terrorism is just plain myopic. Like the poster above said, sell your truck, ride to work on your bike and then come back and talk to me.

"peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson

themighty9mm
01-30-2012, 13:19
Perhaps if the OP was so overly oppinionated his point would come off better. Forceing ones views doesnt come off so well to people. And will only serve to turn them off even further.

ca survivor
01-30-2012, 13:32
deleted.............

hamster
01-30-2012, 13:37
Ironically by making a big stink about this here, the OP has inadvertently made lots of people aware of this new pistol, increased the google rank of the Caracal. Most likely his attempted boycott will sell more of these pistols than it prevents. :)

raven11
01-30-2012, 13:41
So what I can take away from this thread is if the UAE had russian vodka and Cuban cigars no one would have a problem

01-30-2012, 14:18
We better not tell the OP that all the "made in China" stuff is funding china's anti-carrier missile and other military projects aimed at the US. (BTW, hasn't China been doing a little bit of cyber warfare against us recently?)

Gregg702
01-30-2012, 14:31
I don't think this thread is going the way OP had hoped...

01-30-2012, 14:38
We better not tell the OP that all the "made in China" stuff is funding china's anti-carrier missile and other military projects aimed at the US. (BTW, hasn't China been doing a little bit of cyber warfare against us recently?)
Cone on, man, we're not really at war with China. That's what the OP tells us:
Im sorry... did I miss a meeting? Are we at war with China? Is China funding Islamist extremism?

Do you guys actually think, or just type on autopilot? What does China or computer products have to do with the UAE?

RYT 2BER
01-30-2012, 14:50
I don't think this thread is going the way OP had hoped...

Probably isnt... the thread was supposed to be make people aware that you can always vote with your wallet so to speak and do what you can to not support an ardent enemy.

As a result you get lots of low brow responses about China, American Indians, Computers, and other idiocy.

The thread was about the UAE. The fact that countries like China are communist doesnt mean they are our enemies or funding our enemies. You cant get this past folks though.. I tend to forget about the faceless internet commandos who want to be argumentative just for the sake of it.

There have been many posters on this thread that said they would not buy a UAE made gun due to who they are... If only one person has been educated, the effort was successful.

This crap about "oh now youve told people about the caracal", or made sales for it? I really do not honestly care. Anyone who would support a country like the UAE is of no importance to me anyway.

01-30-2012, 14:56
Probably isnt... the thread was supposed to be make people aware that you can always vote with your wallet so to speak and do what you can to not support an ardent enemy.

As a result you get lots of low brow responses about China, American Indians, Computers, and other idiocy.

The thread was about the UAE. The fact that countries like China are communist doesnt mean they are our enemies or funding our enemies. You cant get this past folks though.. I tend to forget about the faceless internet commandos who want to be argumentative just for the sake of it.

There have been many posters on this thread that said they would not buy a UAE made gun due to who they are... If only one person has been educated, the effort was successful.

This crap about "oh now youve told people about the caracal", or made sales for it? I really do not honestly care. Anyone who would support a country like the UAE is of no importance to me anyway.

If you didn't/don't care why make a thread, and put it in your signature if you don't care?

Cognitive dissonance?

jp3975
01-30-2012, 14:58
:rofl:"beats" 50ae? What are you 12 years old or something?

Thats about as insightful as saying well a Lamborghini is faster than a Ferrari.. one goes 180mph and the other goes 175mph.

Plus you are comparing revolvers and semi autos. Exactly which semi auto manufactured in the USA could I have purchased that fires 50ae or 44mag? Oh? Im sorry... none maybe? :upeyes:

Hell why didnt you just mention a barrett? Its about as applicable.

And in finality, what exactly does this all have to do with purchasing a gun from a country that supports our enemies? :dunno:

Well...you do have a desert eagle. It seems as if you're trying to beat something. And its more comparable between a car going 180 and the other 205.

It doesnt have anything to do with it. You said you buy American when you can, but chose not to in this case because it wasnt convenient for you.

jp3975
01-30-2012, 14:59
From wiki:

A certificate was issued by the Bundeswehr Technical Center for Weapons and Ammunition (WTD 91) in May 2006 after the pistol successfully complied with the NATO D14 standard, the German Federal Police Standard and the German Federal Armed Forces Technical Purchasing requirements. These tests are the most stringent test protocols ever devised for a service firearm.[1]

Interesting. It may be just as good as the Glock if not better.

SiberianErik
01-30-2012, 15:02

QFT...as well as a few of their Tshirts to wear to a FL Hometown GTG to PO the OP.. he lives in FL so.. well he fits in here on the tin foil crazyness crew.

I drive a BMW..they supplied lots of FW-109 parts as well as the ME-109 engines. My wifes Grandfather was shot down bombing the BMW fact in his B-17. I will promptly go take a hammer to the motor and post pics.

jp3975
01-30-2012, 15:07
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1342210&highlight=caracal

:whistling:

Mungrol
01-30-2012, 15:12
So what I can take away from this thread is if the UAE had russian vodka and Cuban cigars no one would have a problem

Ahhhh... They do. Where do you think that the Service members get heaps of their Cubans that they smoke? Where do you think that the majority of the hypocrital Muslims go when they want to party and drink? I will give you a hint.... the UAE. Not that I would know these things of course :whistling:

As far as the OP... I commend him taking a stance on this. However as with many things in life... a partial stand on something makes everyone look at you more critically and they WILL point out what is perceived as hypocritical actions. I happen to be amongst the group that says that if you are going to make a stand.... do it fully, not just when it is convieniant (sp?) to you. OP you make a good point and I think that point should be... if the sales of those weapons in the US is what is keeping that factory in business.... than your stance can make a difference. However if the US sales are a fraction of their sales.... you stance is still commendable, but will make no difference to that company at all.

However I would be careful because if O Bummer reads your post he just may give the next pistol contract for OUR military to them, so hopefully he never gets wind of your stance.

Just my .02

Mungrol Out!!!

CBennett
01-30-2012, 15:21
so i'm guessing you don't buy german handguns, because we did go to war with them twice. You don't buy czech guns because they did give a bunch to the nva during the war. And russian guns are being used against us to this day so those are out:dunno:

The guy who made the gun at the factory is just trying to earn a honest buck just like the guy who made my hk p7 isn't goose-stepping to work and draws plans to invade poland during his lunch break

amen!

my762buzz
01-30-2012, 15:48
Well...you do have a desert eagle. It seems as if you're trying to beat something. And its more comparable between a car going 180 and the other 205.

It doesnt have anything to do with it. You said you buy American when you can, but chose not to in this case because it wasnt convenient for you.

I checked the Magnum Research Desert Eagle site and it shows several models made in the USA. I spotted only one made in Israel. I don't know enough about them, but going by the descriptions anyone would suppose there are plenty made in the USA.

RYT 2BER
01-30-2012, 16:12
If you didn't/don't care why make a thread, and put it in your signature if you don't care?

Cognitive dissonance?

You dont read well do you?

I said I dont care about people who would support Americas enemys, the point of the thread was to inform people who do want/benefit from the information.

Now why dont you get back to polishing your caracal :rofl:

GlockFish
01-30-2012, 16:19
They took our jobs!

P.S. Moonies make Kahr pistols!

RYT 2BER
01-30-2012, 16:22
QFT...as well as a few of their Tshirts to wear to a FL Hometown GTG to PO the OP.. he lives in FL so.. well he fits in here on the tin foil crazyness crew.

I drive a BMW..they supplied lots of FW-109 parts as well as the ME-109 engines. My wifes Grandfather was shot down bombing the BMW fact in his B-17. I will promptly go take a hammer to the motor and post pics.

Just give it a little time... whatever you took should wear off by then.

Gary1911A1
01-30-2012, 16:32
If you really want to stop sending our money to terrorist stop driving your big trucks and SUVs'.

01-30-2012, 17:16
Move on along, folks. Let the hypocrite have his chest thumping thread.

Ruggles
01-30-2012, 18:19
When they start making 1911s I will have to start worrying about it :)

I will say that when I was buying WWII era rifles I did not buy a K98 with German markings. Could not warm up to a gun that might have been used to kill Allied troops or innocents. Does that sense? Not to many if not most folks but it does to me. I see this the same way. If you don't like the company (for any reason) don't buy the product.

I always got a kick out of seeing my Dad's Mitsubishi SUV with 3-4 USMC stickers on it. Just seemed an odd mix to me. :)

DAIadvisor
01-30-2012, 18:22
OP is correct - don't buy Caracal. Get original Steyr M instead! :)

01-30-2012, 18:26
You dont read well do you?

I said I dont care about people who would support Americas enemys, the point of the thread was to inform people who do want/benefit from the information.

Now why dont you get back to polishing your caracal :rofl:

Don't have a caracal. Don't plan on getting one.

Keep tilting at those windmills, you're doing great job!

JLA
01-30-2012, 18:57
Personally I wouldn't buy one ( I have my reasons).
But to call people "Unpatriotic" is a little rough. I understand your reasoning why not to buy one but it's your choice not to. If someone wants to buy one ...so be it. It's really not going to change anything.

NG VI
01-30-2012, 19:49
The “father” of the UAE (and its president from the country’s founding in 1971 until his death in 2004), Zayid bin Sultan Al Nahyan, promoted and personified a conservative but moderate interpretation of Islam, which helped to legitimate government efforts to check and contain Islamic extremism. Since 9/11, the UAE has devoted serious efforts to countering Islamic terrorism, the extreme forms of belief that promote it, and the financial support that facilitates it. Yet while these efforts have been overwhelmingly successful, international concerns remain that terrorist plots could be carried out from or through the UAE, and that some terrorist financing taking place within the country remains hidden or unacknowledged.

Seems like "some" international concerns (super vague to me, there were "concerns" that tea party members and OEF/OIF vets were domestic terrorists) have some worry that there may be some financing of international terrorism from sources in the country.

Given the area they are in, and the broader culture in Muslim-heavy nations in that region, I'd say it's unrealistic to expect there to be ZERO money going to militant groups. No country is completely homogeneous, no matter what North Korea wants us to believe. UAE isn't a problem nation.

Sorry, but what you posted directly contradicts your position.

And the Caracal looks like a sweet descendant of the Glock and Steyr pistols.

Firewire
01-30-2012, 20:16
RYT 2BER, I appreciate your patriotism!!! I really do and understand the point you are trying to make, but....

I live in OKC, home of the first modern large scale terrorist incident. Yep 1995 Murrah Bombing by American Timothy McVeigh. We were in disbelief and assumed a gas line or something exploded the moments after it happened. Like most Americans, we thought no way one of our own did this when the truth came out. I don't know who funded him and his cohorts. Was it anything more than just handyman jobs, working at Safeway as a stock boy, or was there a direct funding source? I don't know. I do know this incident didn't persuade me to stop buying American.

I received a Caracal C today. Great Gun. I researched for weeks on the gun and manufacture itself. Caracal is NOT owned by the UAE Government. Just like Apple isn't owned by the USA or China for that matter. It is a business man. Now if you can show me that this entrepreneur is funding terrorism I agree we shouldn't buy it. But to lump an entire government into an individual business??? That is like saying all Iraqi's were pro Saddam? Or all Libyan's were pro Gadaffi? Think about it. These terrorists bomb there own just like what happened to us. All American's aren't pro Timothy McVeigh's actions. Heck no. I just don't agree to lump a country with a business man. This guy sees that the future is not oil. He is diversifying before the oil runs out. He hired the best to make the best. Smart thinking from a business standpoint. He also purchased Merkel high end shotguns already too. The CIA has an interesting website as well: CIA info on UAE (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ae.html)

The gun is absolutely amazing. 2003 Bubbits was given free reign to take what Glock and Steyr wouldn't let him do and create his ultimate marriage of his thoughts and ideas to create the Caracal in 2006. This isn't a fly by night idea. It has been slow and methodical. I don't think they even entered the US market until 2010-11 and even that was a soft intro. 2012 SHOT was the first big marketing campaign they have made. The previous importer Waffen Works wanted more then Caracal would supply.

Onto the gun itself, 28 parts (vs. Glock 35). Two pins hold the lower components. Remove those then the whole inners come out for cleaning or repair as one unit. The slide has 3 pins to completely detail strip. The slide is similar in that you can remove the firing components from it as a single component to work with. More robust take down lever over the Glock. The slide rides on a whole lot more steel rails. Don't get me wrong, the Glock is an amazing piece, but as it was stated to me....had the Glock and Caracal come out the exact same day the Glock probably wouldn't be in business anymore. But they didn't and the Caracal wouldn't be here without the innovation of the Glock design. It is just an improvement over the Glock in many ways and the Steyr. All 3 are great guns, but the Caracal is just a better mouse trap right now. But when you look at available parts and upgrades the Glock has it stomped. Caracal has a long road to travel. But they do have a great product.

I'm not an insider, distributor, heck not even an FFL, just an average Joe who did a lot of research like I do on any weapon I purchase. I am not an impulse buyer and like to do my homework. "'Cause if it's on the internet is has to be true right?!" :)

Let us not forget the Russkie Kalashnikov and the impact it has made on US soil with US buyers even after the close call cold war('s) and funding "America's Enemies". Simple, durable, easy to make, unfortunately bad guys in the middle east desert seem to always have them too..... I don't own one, but that is because I am not into rifles really and just have a single AR (again another amazingly simple, effective design like the Caracal).

jp3975
01-30-2012, 20:27
RYT 2BER, I appreciate your patriotism!!! I really do and understand the point you are trying to make, but....

I live in OKC, home of the first modern large scale terrorist incident. Yep 1995 Murrah Bombing by American Timothy McVeigh. We were in disbelief and assumed a gas line or something exploded the moments after it happened. Like most Americans, we thought no way one of our own did this when the truth came out. I don't know who funded him and his cohorts. Was it anything more than just handyman jobs, working at Safeway as a stock boy, or was there a direct funding source? I don't know. I do know this incident didn't persuade me to stop buying American.

I received a Caracal C today. Great Gun. I researched for weeks on the gun and manufacture itself. Caracal is NOT owned by the UAE Government. Just like Apple isn't owned by the USA or China for that matter. It is a business man. Now if you can show me that this entrepreneur is funding terrorism I agree we shouldn't buy it. But to lump an entire government into an individual business??? That is like saying all Iraqi's were pro Saddam? Or all Libyan's were pro Gadaffi? Think about it. These terrorists bomb there own just like what happened to us. All American's aren't pro Timothy McVeigh's actions. Heck no. I just don't agree to lump a country with a business man. This guy sees that the future is not oil. He is diversifying before the oil runs out. He hired the best to make the best. Smart thinking from a business standpoint. He also purchased Merkel high end shotguns already too. The CIA has an interesting website as well: CIA info on UAE (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ae.html)

The gun is absolutely amazing. 2003 Bubbits was given free reign to take what Glock and Steyr wouldn't let him do and create his ultimate marriage of his thoughts and ideas to create the Caracal in 2006. This isn't a fly by night idea. It has been slow and methodical. I don't think they even entered the US market until 2010-11 and even that was a soft intro. 2012 SHOT was the first big marketing campaign they have made. The previous importer Waffen Works wanted more then Caracal would supply.

Onto the gun itself, 28 parts (vs. Glock 35). Two pins hold the lower components. Remove those then the whole inners come out for cleaning or repair as one unit. The slide has 3 pins to completely detail strip. The slide is similar in that you can remove the firing components from it as a single component to work with. More robust take down lever over the Glock. The slide rides on a whole lot more steel rails. Don't get me wrong, the Glock is an amazing piece, but as it was stated to me....had the Glock and Caracal come out the exact same day the Glock probably wouldn't be in business anymore. But they didn't and the Caracal wouldn't be here without the innovation of the Glock design. It is just an improvement over the Glock in many ways and the Steyr. All 3 are great guns, but the Caracal is just a better mouse trap right now. But when you look at available parts and upgrades the Glock has it stomped. Caracal has a long road to travel. But they do have a great product.

Great post. I didnt know about the owner or that Bubbits was given "free reign" on the project.

I dont suppose youve shot a Walther PPQ to compare it to? Im leaning towards the Walther first,

Firewire
01-30-2012, 20:32
jp3975,

I also came down to the PPQ and the Caracal. I ached over it for days and almost wanted to get them both. Honestly the tie breaker was that I repeatedly read that the PPQ had a decent amount of muzzle flip where as the Caracal "pushed" back due to the lower bore axis.

I unfortunately didn't opportunity to hold or shoot either one before buying. Now that I have the Caracal in hand. 1) I am glad I got a C and not the F (because of size). 2) I like the size of the Caracal over the PPQ in grip length and slide length for my needs.

One guy on the Steyr forum has Steyr M40, Steyr M9-A1, Caracal F, Caracal C QS, USP 45C, USP 40, Walther PPQ. He prefers the Caracal over his others.

jp3975
01-30-2012, 22:24
jp3975,

I also came down to the PPQ and the Caracal. I ached over it for days and almost wanted to get them both. Honestly the tie breaker was that I repeatedly read that the PPQ had a decent amount of muzzle flip where as the Caracal "pushed" back due to the lower bore axis.

I unfortunately didn't opportunity to hold or shoot either one before buying. Now that I have the Caracal in hand. 1) I am glad I got a C and not the F (because of size). 2) I like the size of the Caracal over the PPQ in grip length and slide length for my needs.

One guy on the Steyr forum has Steyr M40, Steyr M9-A1, Caracal F, Caracal C QS, USP 45C, USP 40, Walther PPQ. He prefers the Caracal over his others.

Well...that makes the decision much tougher. Good thing Im not buying for a while. Thanks for the info.

NeverMore1701
01-30-2012, 22:44
Hurr ba durr ba durr.

bigleaf
01-30-2012, 22:51

I'm not an insider, distributor, heck not even an FFL, just an average Joe who did a lot of research like I do on any weapon I purchase. I am not an impulse buyer and like to do my homework. "'Cause if it's on the internet is has to be true right?!" :)

Let us not forget the Russkie Kalashnikov and the impact it has made on US soil with US buyers even after the close call cold war('s) and funding "America's Enemies". Simple, durable, easy to make, unfortunately bad guys in the middle east desert seem to always have them too..... I don't own one, but that is because I am not into rifles really and just have a single AR (again another amazingly simple, effective design like the Caracal).

So, like, what?!? You're a clear thinker with keen powers of observation and experience with the question at hand. Fine. Stipulated. You know your guns and have a certain precision in language. Yeah, OK. Fine.

But I believe, if you'll take the time to read the very, very fine print in the 'User Agreement" that you signed by checking the box when you became a GlockTalk member, you are allowed (or so it might seem to the casual observer) no more than 15 reasonable sentences per week here on GT.

It's a shame, really. But you don't get another post here until July of 2015.

Man!! And I was looking forward to reading more of your posts, too.

Man!!

Sharkey
01-30-2012, 22:58
I held one and looked at it reasonably close at the Shot Show. It looks to be a nice well made design and I liked it better than the PPQ. Granted I haven't shot either. I was also impressed with the Bersa single stack so what do I know......

They also had a lot of non Muslim dressed women running around and I'm sure it was just to get the infidels into their booth. They also bought me off with a free shirt and coffee mug I used today actually.

I've been having these weird desires about going to Mecca now?! :supergrin:

Apetrulis01
01-31-2012, 01:42
Running with your logic you might want to watch which 7-11 or other as stations you buy gas or other things from. Convience stores are a large source of money for the terrorist right here in the USA. So watch were you get your gas and a soda when out and about.

Adam

mixflip
01-31-2012, 02:13
I wont ever buy one....

because they are ugly... screw the politics... they are butt ugly to me lol.

Cmacc
01-31-2012, 07:31
The recent sanity in this thread has me wanting to know more about this firearm.

josey88
01-31-2012, 14:57
Gosh, there are so many beautiful pistols from Italy, Germany and the US for me to choose instead of buying an arab pistol ... arabs are really not my cup of tea in anything besides oil and if it were up to me we would be drilling in the center of Times Square if necessary , to stop buying it from them

MrVvrroomm
01-31-2012, 19:38
I just bought my second one today.

Morris
01-31-2012, 19:53
Great thread!

Now you have me looking at them. Wonder if there are any dealers in my area that will let me fondle one?

raven11
01-31-2012, 19:58
Great thread!

Now you have me looking at them. Wonder if there are any dealers in my area that will let me fondle one?

me too, they are cheaper than Glocks if you order online

http://www.compactfirearms.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=278

http://www.compactfirearms.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=279

http://www.compactfirearms.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=282

MrVvrroomm
01-31-2012, 20:17
If you get serious about getting one PM me. I just picked up a brand new F for $407 shipped.

jp3975
01-31-2012, 20:55
If you get serious about getting one PM me. I just picked up a brand new F for $407 shipped.

Will your source possibly trade for a Steyr M9A1?

If not, I wont have the cash until its sold.

AlexHassin
01-31-2012, 21:06
Ok, now I want one. congrats OP you have sold me into looking deeper into purchasing one of these pistols some day.

fnfalman
02-01-2012, 09:56
arabs are really not my cup of tea in anything besides oil

Please make sure that you don't use Algebra. Because them Ay-rabs invented it.

Dalton Wayne
02-01-2012, 10:05
So I'm guessing you don't put gas in your car because we buy it from the middle east

MrVvrroomm
02-01-2012, 10:17
So I'm guessing you don't put gas in your car because we buy it from the middle east
pwn3d

raven11
02-01-2012, 10:20

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/01/got-told-chart-225.jpg

josey88
02-01-2012, 14:33
Please make sure that you don't use Algebra. Because them Ay-rabs invented it.
As far as I can remember , it was the Greeks who advanced and perfectioned it , even thou the name Algebra is an arab name and they first invented it on Babilonic times ... They also mantain up to today that nice tradition of stoning women to death (very commendable and civilized ) , but more recently , they have so smartly invented the suicide bomber and the use of commercial planes as a way to kill innocent civilians , elders , women and children ... no , I would not buy an arab product if I can help it, thank you very much ...

jp3975
02-01-2012, 15:20
As far as I can remember , it was the Greeks who advanced and perfectioned it , even thou the name Algebra is an arab name and they first invented it on Babilonic times ... They also mantain up to today that nice tradition of stoning women to death (very commendable and civilized ) , but more recently , they have so smartly invented the suicide bomber and the use of commercial planes as a way to kill innocent civilians , elders , women and children ... no , I would not buy an arab product if I can help it, thank you very much ...

At least theyre not going bankrupt and potentially causing a world crisis like the Greeks.:wavey:

The Japanese invented the suicide bomber.

The private owner of Caracal does not sponsor terrorism.

But you go ahead and hate all Arabs.

RYT 2BER
02-01-2012, 15:34
At least theyre not going bankrupt and potentially causing a world crisis like the Greeks.:wavey:

The Japanese invented the suicide bomber.

The private owner of Caracal does not sponsor terrorism.

But you go ahead and hate all Arabs.

:rofl:OMG! Yeah you're right! They're doing much better !!!! HAHAHAHA What drivel!!!!

And the Japanese may have invented the suicide bomber, but the arab terrorist most certainly perfected it!!! :rofl:

jp3975
02-01-2012, 15:56
:rofl:OMG! Yeah you're right! They're doing much better !!!! HAHAHAHA What drivel!!!!

And the Japanese may have invented the suicide bomber, but the arab terrorist most certainly perfected it!!! :rofl:

You dont think rich Arab countries like the UAE are doing better than Greece? Seriously? Do you know anything about whats going on in Greece?:tongueout: :wavey:

You're just mad because your post probably sold at least a half a dozen UAE pistols:rofl:

RYT 2BER
02-01-2012, 15:57
I just bought my second one today.

Ohh.. I apologize... now I get it.. your limited as to how much you can spend on a gun...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/05/26/caracal-pistol-review/

I didnt realize that over $500 was gonna make or break it for you... your quote on the website above details that your somewhat cash strapped and as such limits you to cheaper firearms.

Im not fiscally limited so I guess I dont really spend too much time looking at guns like that.... But now I understand why you are forced to.

Gregg702
02-01-2012, 16:09
Ohh.. I apologize... now I get it.. your limited as to how much you can spend on a gun...

I didnt realize that over $500 was gonna make or break it for you... your quote on the website above details that your somewhat cash strapped and as such limits you to cheaper firearms.

Im not fiscally limited so I guess I dont really spend too much time looking at guns like that.... But now I understand why you are forced to.

Just because he feels something is priced too high doesn't mean he is strapped for cash. Rich people look for bargains too. I don't buy HK's because I think they are overpriced, but I can certainly afford one.

jp3975
02-01-2012, 16:22

You're so full of hate.

He owns most every model Glock and two Steyrs[and im sure others that arent mentioned] and you think he cant afford it? :rofl:

Not to mention the gun isnt cheap. Its the same price point of most polymers if not more.

Cmacc
02-01-2012, 16:23

Your illogical responses to points of discussion and emotionally charged insults to others on this thread are not advancing any point you were trying to make about this manufacturer or it's products. Take a deep breath and decide if you wouldn't be better served by walking away from this particular fight. You may have a more important battle to wage another day.

maniDAR
02-01-2012, 16:28
Does any one know a dealer of Caracal In NJ. I would like to buy one.

Morris
02-01-2012, 16:31
Unintended consequences.

This post had it. :rofl:

jp3975
02-01-2012, 16:38
http://2wheeltuesday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/epic-fail.jpg

RYT 2BER
02-01-2012, 17:21
Nah not a fail at all.... I'm buying a Jericho for every caracal sold on this thread.

I'll support our allies :thumbsup:

RYT 2BER
02-01-2012, 17:26
You're so full of hate.

He owns most every model Glock and two Steyrs[and im sure others that arent mentioned] and you think he cant afford it? :rofl:

Not to mention the gun isnt cheap. Its the same price point of most polymers if not more.

Not full of hate.. full of American Pride! :supergrin:

RYT 2BER
02-01-2012, 17:28
Unintended consequences.

This post had it. :rofl:

I don't think so at all... plenty of posters said they wouldn't touch one.. that's good enough for me :wavey:

Ruggles
02-01-2012, 17:53
What makes you think that the USA won't go to war with Germany and the Austro-Hungarians again? Can you predict the future?

If we are starting a pool who we go to war with next I have the UAE and you can have Germany. :tongueout:

We both might lose but I think my chances are better than your :)

GlockFish
02-01-2012, 18:20
Please, make it stop!

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq295/rcoiteux/troll-web.jpg

josey88
02-01-2012, 18:39
I would not buy a Caracal, but I would buy a Jerico and I would be happy about it .

MrVvrroomm
02-01-2012, 19:30

Calling you a ****** bag would be doing a disservice to women's hygiene.

I paid more in income tax last year than you made.

If you ever want to compare gun collections, feel free.

I've read more than enough of your veiled personal attacks.

Your daddy should have pulled out and dumped it on your momma's back. The world would then have one less bigoted, knuckle-dragging racist.

RYT 2BER
02-01-2012, 19:31
I paid more in income tax last year than you made.

I.

:rofl: hahaha sure ya did :thumbsup:

Don't know what your problem is... I was trying to be genuine and heartfelt.

And btw... being unapologetically American doesn't make someone a racist... too bad you think so...

jp3975
02-01-2012, 20:51
:rofl: hahaha sure ya did :thumbsup:

Don't know what your problem is... I was trying to be genuine and heartfelt.

And btw... being unapologetically American doesn't make someone a racist... too bad you think so...

You where ignorant of what the UAE is and who owns Caracal. Not to mention you thought Greece was better off than the UAE...Greece who has surrounding nations talking about taking over their finances because they cant do anything but screw it up for them and everyone else.:rofl:

...unapologetically American? :rofl: You think all Arabs are the enemy and started a post about how no one should buy Caracal because Arabs own the company. You sound so racist Im surprised you're not referring to them as Sand *******.

You also insulted people who mentioned owning them.buying them...and lied about what was in MrVvrroomm's post on another forum.

Its one thing if you dont want to own one, but its another to get on a soap box and try to tell everyone else not to...particularly when you know nothing about it.

Some people on here agree with you, but I dont think anyone questions that you acted like an immature kid.

jp3975
02-01-2012, 21:03
Nah not a fail at all.... I'm buying a Jericho for every caracal sold on this thread.

I'll support our allies :thumbsup:

I've always liked Israel myself, and plan to pick up a Tavor in the next few years.

Supporting Israel doesnt change the fact that you sold several Caracals over the past few days. There's no telling how much of that cash makes it into the hands of terrorists. You may have single handedly caused the next 9/11.:tongueout:

I don't think so at all... plenty of posters said they wouldn't touch one.. that's good enough for me :wavey:

Those guys obviously wouldnt have bought one anyway. You convinced some people who never heard of it as well as others to buy a Caracal.

I myself was planning to purchase a Walther PPQ next but now im not sure. And just because of this thread.

RYT 2BER
02-01-2012, 21:05
You where ignorant of what the UAE is and who owns Caracal. Not to mention you thought Greece was better off than the UAE...Greece who has surrounding nations talking about taking over their finances because they cant do anything but screw it up for them and everyone else.:rofl:

...unapologetically American? :rofl: You think all Arabs are the enemy and started a post about how no one should buy Caracal because Arabs own the company. You sound so racist Im surprised you're not referring to them as Sand *******.

You also insulted people who mentioned owning them.buying them...and lied about what was in MrVvrroomm's post on another forum.

Its one thing if you dont want to own one, but its another to get on a soap box and try to tell everyone else not to...particularly when you know nothing about it.

Some people on here agree with you, but I dont think anyone questions that you acted like an immature kid.

The above post is without question the most in accurate rabble I've read in a while (even for this thread )but if it made you feel better to type it and it justifies your love of the caracal and the use, or the USA'S enemies, then I'm glad for you.

The only thing I am willing to outright admit is I HATE and I mean H A T E anyone, anything or any place that threatens the greatest country that ever was and ever will be. God Bless the United States of America.

The place you're really mistaken however is you wrongfully assume anything about those who have agreed with me on this thread... I've gotten so many pm's cheering me on since this idiocy started ive lost count :wavey:

Mission accomplished

bigleaf
02-01-2012, 21:08
The above post is without question the most in accurate rabble I've read in a while (even for this thread )but if it made you feel better to type it and it justifies your love of the caracal and the use, or the USA'S enemies, then I'm glad for you.

The only thing I am willing to outright admit is I HATE and I mean H A T E anyone, anything or any place that threatens the greatest country that ever was and ever will be. God Bless the United States of America.

The place you're really mistaken however is you wrongfully assume anything about those who have agreed with me on this thread... I've gotten so many pm's cheering me on since this idiocy started ive lost count :wavey:

Mission accomplished

Is this Stephen Colbert?? Get outta here! I thought it was you, the whole time. Who else could carry something like this off?

Wow. You got talent, Mr. Colbert. Wow.

RYT 2BER
02-01-2012, 21:13
you sold several Caracals over the past few days. There's no telling how much of that cash makes it into the hands of terrorists. You may have single handedly caused the next 9/11.:tongueout:

Well at least you've FINALLY admitted that caracal money is funding terrorism and anti US interests. Took long enough but at least you got there. :tongueout:

RYT 2BER
02-01-2012, 21:18

:rofl: I've insulted? :rofl:

Go back to the beginning.. take a deep breath and read everything over.. I posted information I thought was valuable and got attacked from 5 different directions. I lost count of the personal attacks and insults I've taken in this thread...

"I'VE insulted people" ...:upeyes: good lord you're really out of touch :faint:

jp3975
02-01-2012, 21:25
The above post is without question the most in accurate rabble I've read in a while...

Well, Im glad that you can at least agree with me that you dont know what you're talking about and are kinda racist.

So I guess you hate yourself, since you're the top Caracal salesman around. You should post your pic. I'll send it to Caracal and they'll print up a flyer like this accept it will have you as the best Caracal salesman there ever was.

http://www.americanmethod.com/ftp/EbayListings/gunsalesm-1289263104-25925.jpg

Oh, and i wasnt aware the the owner of Caracal or the UAE had threatoned us.

Mission accomplished

And just as I said...those people would not have bought one anyway. Do you really think you convinced anyone not to? Soon as those who knew nothing about it found out it was from UAE that was it for some. Provided they even knew what the UAE is. You didnt.

I have no doubt that quite a few people agree. But you still sold guns and everyone thinks youre acting childish. Especially on the last few pages.

jp3975
02-01-2012, 21:29
:rofl: I've insulted? :rofl:

Go back to the beginning.. take a deep breath and read everything over.. I posted information I thought was valuable and got attacked from 5 different directions. I lost count of the personal attacks and insults I've taken in this thread...

"I'VE insulted people" ...:upeyes: good lord you're really out of touch :faint:

Well...you've got quite a few people on this thread who think you're a troll.

Usually when a lot of people think you're acting like an ass...you're not the one who is right.

No one is arguing with these people on your behalf. Other than the fact that they wouldnt buy one.

And you should have expected negative responses when you basically tell everyone its wrong to own a product and spew bs about a subject you dont know about.

Ruggles
02-01-2012, 21:30
As a participant in many like internet debates in the past I can safely say you guys sound like a couple of teenagers with all the name calling and such :rofl:

It was not mature when I did it and it is not when you do it. :wavey:

stmcelroy
02-01-2012, 21:30
Oops, mine will be here tomorrow.

RYT 2BER
02-01-2012, 21:36
Oh, and i wasnt aware the UAE had threatoned us.

Do you really think you convinced anyone not to?

I have no doubt that quite a few people agree. But you still sold guns and everyone thinks youre acting childish. Especially on the last few pages.

A- you weren't... try more readie less talkie... I've posted some links at the beginning and there are tons more on the net.

B- I have no doubt I have convinced many not to...certainly from the pm cheering squads I've received.

C- hey! We finally agree on something. quite a few people DO AGREE :supergrin:

D- cant believe this thread hasn't gotten locked at this point :dunno:

RYT 2BER
02-01-2012, 21:37
Oops, mine will be here tomorrow.

I "literally" just bought another Jericho on buds.. should be here early next week :cool:

And damn.. no more rkba holsters for me :(

jp3975
02-01-2012, 21:46
A- you weren't... try more readie less talkie... I've posted some links at the beginning and there are tons more on the net.

The UAE doesnt own the company.

C- hey! We finally agree on something. quite a few people DO AGREE :supergrin:

Quite a few dont.

D- cant believe this thread hasn't gotten locked at this point :dunno:

Agreed.

NeverMore1701
02-01-2012, 21:52
Hmm, a few thousand $500 pistols purchased in a year vs. millions of gallons of gas (not to mention other petroleum products) consumed every day.....

USDefender
02-01-2012, 21:53
Best not to mix politics with arms purchasing sources.

If Uzis are good enough for Muslims (according to Lord of War) and Browning Hi-Powers for Nazis, then a Caracal is good enough for a private citizen of any denomination who enjoys shooting and does not subcontract all of his personal security to his state.

See, I can see this argument your way, but I can also see what the OP's trying to say... although, he doesn't back it up very well.

Personally, I can't wear an 'Arab-made' pistol on my belt when I know my money is going into their economy... I also feel the same when it comes to buying products that are affiliated with things I seriously disagree with; like Scientology, Liberalism (i.e. GM automotive products), Pornography, etc. Problem is, those things are so prevalent, you just can't avoid doing that in some cases.

As someone so aptly pointed out, my government already gives way too many of my tax dollars to the UAE, without my giving them my 'liquid' cash as well.

Even so, Israelis don't mind using the same AKs (for special forces use, not to mention as a serious influence on the design of their Galil) that their enemies (i.e. the Palestinians and the Arab countries) use...

I guess, after all I've said here, I've kind of supported your point. Huh, Lior? :dunno:

And that is really the bottom line for me-- I won't either, when I can help it.

RYT 2BER
02-01-2012, 22:07
See, I can see this argument your way, but I can also see what the OP's trying to say... although, he doesn't back it up very well.

Personally, I can't wear an 'Arab-made' pistol on my belt when I know my money is going into their economy... I also feel the same when it comes to buying products that are affiliated with things I seriously disagree with; like Scientology, Liberalism (i.e. GM automotive products), Pornography, etc. Problem is, those things are so prevalent, you just can't avoid doing that in some cases.

As someone so aptly pointed out, my government already gives way too many of my tax dollars to the UAE, without my giving them my 'liquid' cash as well.

Even so, Israelis don't mind using the same AKs (for special forces use, not to mention as a serious influence on the design of their Galil) that their enemies (i.e. the Palestinians and the Arab countries) use...

I guess, after all I've said here, I've kind of supported your point. Huh, Lior? :dunno:

And that is really the bottom line for me-- I won't either, when I can help it.

Was a great post with the exception of the ak thing?:dunno: Israeli designed galils which may share some design with aks ? Aks were made by places like Romania , China, Russia and Yugoslavia, etc... Not sure that they're sharing in design concept somehow funneled money to their enemies?

Don't get me wrong though.. I appreciate the post very much... however "some "people 'cough' won't..

Apetrulis01
02-01-2012, 22:57
I feel like I am back in 5th grade listening to kids going back and forth. Listen, the OP has stated his case, people didn't agree with it, didn't change his mind, and now people have gone to name calling.

Op is not going to buy Caracals, ok....that makes him happy, who cares what he calls people who do buy them; one person's opinion. People, on both sides of this thread need to remember it is a person thousands miles away and who care what they think.

Lets just close this thread and move on please.

Adam