FGI addeds Para to the list. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FGI addeds Para to the list.

cdflippin
01-30-2012, 08:12
It will be announced today that Freedom Group (aka Remington/Marlin/Bushmaster) has purchased PARA.

Bruce M
01-30-2012, 09:24
Hmmm interesting. Thanks for the info.

bac1023
01-30-2012, 09:45
Maybe they will improve their product line.

Para needs it.

cdflippin
01-30-2012, 10:06
We had heard rumors that FGI was shopping for a pistol company.

Bret Mazzei was the Portfolio Manager at Cerberus Capital Management & went to work for PARA last Sept as their CFO. So maybe something has been planned for awhile.

zhix
01-30-2012, 11:27
Maybe they will improve their product line.

Para needs it.

Their customer service sure as hell can't get any worse.

bac1023
01-30-2012, 11:31
Their customer service sure as hell can't get any worse.

:agree:

itstime
01-30-2012, 11:40
Can't get any worse. Will they take care of all the crap that is out there now? (warranties). There is always A LOT of used ones for sale everywhere.

Nine Shooter
01-30-2012, 13:37
Good, my Para was horrrrrrrible. Maybe this will improve their QC.

Travclem
01-30-2012, 13:42
Had a Para, sold it, will never buy another one, don't care.

skeeter1959
01-31-2012, 16:45
Caution. Look what they did to Marlin. FGI FUBAR'd Marlin pretty good. Take a Gander on the Marlin owner's forum. The lever guns built now are called "Remlins". Had one, and sold it.

cosmose
01-31-2012, 17:02
wait a second Remington bought marlin? thats news to me and they now or soon will own para ordance?

bigchuck83
01-31-2012, 17:11
Caution. Look what they did to Marlin. FGI FUBAR'd Marlin pretty good. Take a Gander on the Marlin owner's forum. The lever guns built now are called "Remlins". Had one, and sold it.

+1000 been looking at a lever gun lately and the "remlins" are not anywhere near what they used to be. crappy workmanship was obvious

opus1776
01-31-2012, 20:59
wait a second Remington bought marlin? thats news to me and they now or soon will own para ordance?

The freedom group bought marlin then bought remington. FGI then closed the marlin plant in CTand transferred the work (not the employees) to the remington plant in NY. Basically, FGI fired all of the folks at marlin who know how to build guns and replaced them with a bunch of inexperienced folks in NY to save money.....:crying: :faint: :steamed:
----------------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin...

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours....

Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

cosmose
01-31-2012, 22:17
The freedom group bought marlin then bought remington. FGI then closed the marlin plant in CTand transferred the work (not the employees) to the remington plant in NY. Basically, FGI fired all of the folks at marlin who know how to build guns and replaced them with a bunch of inexperienced folks in NY to save money.....:crying: :faint: :steamed:

What:shocked: freedom group fgi who are they? (gun companys?) when did all this happen?

Victoriagotagun
01-31-2012, 23:16
What:shocked: freedom group fgi who are they? (gun companys?) when did all this happen?

Where have you been? :wow:

This article will give you some insight.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/business/how-freedom-group-became-the-gun-industrys-giant.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&emc=eta1

BlackPaladin
02-01-2012, 00:37
freedom group has destroyed the image of ech company associated with it since the beginning. Luckily for Para in this instance, the image has been destroyed for years leading up to this, as said above, doubtful they will get any worse. FG is a large part of why I will no longer have anything to do with current Remington products, strictly Savage or Mossberg.

Facejackets
02-01-2012, 00:47
I don't see FGI "destroying" AAC anytime soon. I hope they improve the quality of Para.

cdflippin
02-01-2012, 12:32
I don't see FGI "destroying" AAC anytime soon. I hope they improve the quality of Para.

Or Barnes

cdflippin
02-01-2012, 12:57
Almost right. Bushmsater was the first to be bought by Cerberus in April 2006. Remington was bought by them in April 2007. Then with the finincial backing of Cerberus Remington purchased Marlin/H&R in Jan 2008.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin...

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours....

Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

390ish
02-01-2012, 13:53
If they hadn't bought Marlin, the company would have gone bankrupt. They were using machinery from the 1950's and were not making any money. That is the way of private equity.