Valentines Day OPEN CARRY to support Starbucks (they supported us) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day OPEN CARRY to support Starbucks (they supported us)

melensdad
01-30-2012, 08:30
The anti-gun groups are pushing for a boycott of Starbucks because Starbucks would not kick out citizens who were legally openly carrying firearms. So even if you don't want to spend $5.00 on a whipped up latte/cappuccino/coffee drink, if you support gun rights AND if it is legal in your state, you may want to OC in the local Starbucks to counter the anti-gun groups who are boycotting.

Link: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/23/420...y-prompts.html

CHICAGO, Jan. 23, 2012 –– /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ –– A nationwide boycott of Starbucks stores and its products will be launched on Valentine's Day 2012. Its goal is to eliminate the risk of guns in public places and ultimately to bring sane gun laws to the U.S.

(Logo: Login (http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120123/DC39227LOGO))

This boycott is being called by the National Gun Victim's Action Council (NGAC), a network of 14 million gun victims, the faith community including the: Episcopal Peace Fellowship, United Church of Christ, Fellowship of Reconciliation (46 peace fellowships and 43 affiliate fellowships), secular groups working to reduce gun violence and many of the organizations that support passing sane gun laws.WHY STARBUCKS? Currently, Starbucks allows guns and assault weapons to be openly carried in its stores (in 43 states) and concealed and carried in its stores (in 49 states) (See Photos). Starbucks' compliance with the National Rifle Association's Pro-Gun Agenda was exposed in 2010 when members of the "open carry" movement began meeting in popular chains, such as California Pizza Kitchen, Peets, IKEA, Disney and Starbucks openly carrying their handguns and assault rifles. (Types of Guns)

To protect their customers and employees, all of the retail chains—except for Starbucks— banned guns from being carried in their stores.

"Starbucks allowing guns to be carried in thousands of their stores significantly increases everyone's risk of being a victim of gun violence," says Elliot Fineman, CEO of the NGAC. "Open and conceal and carry are among the reasons there are 12,000 gun homicides each year in the U.S. If we had England's gun laws we would expect 375 gun homicides each year—97% less than we have. England's gun laws are based on protecting public safety, ours on maximizing sales for the gun industry." Non-Sane Gun Laws

Starbucks has the legal right to ban guns but despite having been petitioned by thousands, asked at a shareholder meeting, and a direct appeal made to their Board, Starbucks clings to this policy that puts millions of Americans at risk every day and encourages the spread of guns being carried in public.

IMPACT OF STARBUCKS BOYCOTT: Fineman says, "Starbucks steadfast support of the NRA's lethal pro-gun agenda damages its 'socially conscious company' brand. Further," adds Fineman, "Monte Carlo Simulation risk analysis indicates that 90% of the time, our boycott will reduce Starbucks stock price by an amount no rational company would allow."

According to NGAC, the boycott will end when Starbucks rejects the NRA's Pro-Gun agenda by banning all guns from their stores and committing to be an Aggressive Corporate Advocate for sane gun laws.

TO PARTICIPATE IN THE STARBUCKS BOYCOTT: Participate in the Starbucks Boycott « Gun Victims Action Council (http://gunvictimsaction.org/starbucks-boycott/)

ABOUT NGAC: The National Gun Victims Action Council (NGAC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit network of 14 million gun victims, survivors, their families, supporters, the faith community, secular organizations working on gun violence reduction and ordinary people leveraging their economic (buying) power to change America's gun laws. NGAC can be found at Gun Victims Action Council (http://www.gunvictimsaction.org)

Follow @GunVictimsAct and find us on Facebook.

SGT HATRED
01-30-2012, 08:39
Thanks for the info. And yes I will open carry on valentines day in my local starbucks.

MoneyMaker
01-30-2012, 08:44
open carry not allowed in missouri where are stores are so no i wont support them

melensdad
01-30-2012, 08:49
open carry not allowed in missouri where are stores are so no i wont support them

It should be pointed out that this all started in California where the ONLY LEGAL WAY most citizens could carry was to openly carry an unloaded weapon. If the state had a realistic concealed carry law on the books that was uniformly enforced the issue would not exist. So to OPEN CARRY to support Starbucks is actually a way of showing support for legal carry by citizens, not really showing exclusive support for open carry.

Why not just go into a Starbucks while you CC and simply thank the manager for having a corporation that supports your rights to legally carry.

Noots
01-30-2012, 09:01
Why not just go into a Starbucks while you CC and simply thank the manager for having a corporation that supports your rights to legally carry.

LOL i'd silently do that here in NY, most of the people in the starbucks around here seem so ridiculously anti-gun they'd most likely call the police. I'm willing to bet half of them have no idea about this.

I'm still supporting them 2x on the 14th

MoneyMaker
01-30-2012, 09:01
These post on forums are what get folks into hot water,there will b folks thinking its ok even though there state dont allow it and can b very risky as not all of the store managers have to agree an before you say its a corporate decision,there are managers who will have extra eyes just waiting to call the police that day.And not all store managers will want to hear you say to them what you are promoting,And i would assume some are even franchised so the corporate policy wont pertain to there store.

tattedglock651
01-30-2012, 09:20
I seen a post similar to this last week and I think its a great idea to show our support to Starbucks. But these anti gun crazies National Gun Victims Action Council what is wrong with these damn people I cant wait for the day one of the heads of this group gets their life saved by a legal carrying citizen. Then we will see what their outlook is on people that legally and responsibly carry a gun. These people need to pull their heads from you know where and leave us responsible citizens alone. Just had to rant for a sec.

ChuteTheMall
01-30-2012, 09:38
I predict a bunch of gun-toting neophytes will hold up the lines in Starbucks as they try to decipher words like vente & macchiato & ristretto while the impatient regulars suffer caffeine withdrawal.

Sounds like fun!:supergrin:

Lior
01-30-2012, 09:43
Maybe NGAC should give its members automatic eligibility for emigrating to Canada or Great Britain.

grecco
01-30-2012, 09:59
Double Macchiotto!

Caver 60
01-30-2012, 10:09
If we had one around here, I'd take my wife and go spend some money, even if I couldn't open carry in the store. And I don't like coffee or the other stuff they sell there. But my wife does, and I'd also buy something for myself, even if I didn't drink it.

melensdad
01-30-2012, 10:17
These post on forums are what get folks into hot water,there will b folks thinking its ok even though there state dont allow it . . .
I think most people who carry a weapon tend to have a reasonable idea about the legality of how to do so within their state.

Basically you are saying that people who hold a license to carry a gun are too stupid to know if their state allows open carry.

OK, let me help people out. The states in RED in the image below do NOT allow any form of Open Carry. The remainder of the states allow some form of Open Carry. Some, like my state of Indiana, allow Open Carry, but only by people who have a license to carry a handgun. Some, like California, only allow OC in very rural districts. Some do not require any license to openly carry a firearm.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/melensdad/guns/ScreenShot2012-01-30at101341AM.png

slickt0mmy
01-30-2012, 10:19
Even if you can't carry in the store due to state laws, it's still worth it to go buy something from them that day. The whole point of this is simply to counter the boycott that will be taking place by the anti's. Sure, if you can and want to carry, that's great. But the main goal is to help Starbucks by lessening the impact of the boycott. That's what I've gathered from it, anyway.

melensdad
01-30-2012, 10:29
If we had one around here, I'd take my wife and go spend some money, even if I couldn't open carry in the store. And I don't like coffee or the other stuff they sell there. But my wife does, and I'd also buy something for myself, even if I didn't drink it.I think that is a common problem, no local Starbucks. I live in a very rural area, 5 or 6 miles outside of a small town. Obviously no Starbucks there. But if I hop on the state highway and go north 3 towns there is a Starbucks right on the highway. My plan is to go there at some point during the day and spend a couple bucks and tell the manager THANK YOU for their corporate position on legal carry.

Even if you can't carry in the store due to state laws, it's still worth it to go buy something from them that day. The whole point of this is simply to counter the boycott that will be taking place by the anti's. Sure, if you can and want to carry, that's great. But the main goal is to help Starbucks by lessening the impact of the boycott. That's what I've gathered from it, anyway.
BINGO

We have hundreds of stores that don't allow any form of carry from THE GAP and HALLMARK to BUFFALO WILD WINGS and CHILI'S. We need to go out of our way, even if just once a year, to show our support for the few stores that support our rights.

Oramac
01-30-2012, 12:26

Please refrain from blanket statements like this if you do not know what you're talking about (which you don't).

At the State level, OC IS LEGAL IN MISSOURI. However, it is not preempted by the state, allowing cities and counties to regulate OC as they see fit. Last I saw, some 90%+ of MO is OC friendly. Don't even try to tell me there isn't a legal Starbucks somewhere near you.

Personally, I, and several others, are already planning an OC event at the Starbucks on Highway K in OFallon, Mo. to support them, as many others are doing across the country.

As always, I am not a lawyer, so do your own homework to confirm what I've said. Also, you might check out the Missouri Sub-Forum over at OpenCarry.org (http://forums.opencarry.org)

xmanhockey7
01-30-2012, 13:45
This isn't just about open carry. They allow all CARRY (concealed or openly) as long as it is legal per state law. All gun carrier and even many gun owners should support Starbucks on this day and not allow liberal antigun groups to ruin their profits!

MoneyMaker
01-30-2012, 14:26
I knew this would get to a political issue,yes i know missouri is a open carry state as to what is explain on paper,but a catch 22 really so its not,but even in the municapalities you can open carry folks dont as it has caused to much issue,You have seen the videos and heck i live in one city that is small and its not even on the list as it of either but surrounded by cities all within 3-5 miles of my door steps that wont allow it,that means 4 cities in a 5 minute drive you cant open carry,Arnold,Pevely,Kimmswick,it would be against the law,So to me missouri is not a open carry state,heck walk down the street or go into establishments that do say they support OC in there municapailty and see how long before a squad car shows up.

MoneyMaker
01-30-2012, 14:28
Well walmart allows ccw but i dont go thanking them and trying to hold a ralley at the store,What will become of this will be a big MEDIA event as you will see on Feb 14th and as a gun owner the MEDIA is the last i want on my side.

MoneyMaker
01-30-2012, 14:32
Please refrain from blanket statements like this if you do not know what you're talking about (which you don't).

At the State level, OC IS LEGAL IN MISSOURI. However, it is not preempted by the state, allowing cities and counties to regulate OC as they see fit. Last I saw, some 90%+ of MO is OC friendly. Don't even try to tell me there isn't a legal Starbucks somewhere near you.

Personally, I, and several others, are already planning an OC event at the Starbucks on Highway K in OFallon, Mo. to support them, as many others are doing across the country.

As always, I am not a lawyer, so do your own homework to confirm what I've said. Also, you might check out the Missouri Sub-Forum over at OpenCarry.org (http://forums.opencarry.org)

Excuse me i do know the law Sir!!!! Open Carry State Missouri is not,It is only set by each Municipality sort of a catch 22 thing at best,Says it is on a sheet but in reality its not and then folks dont open carry as you are still a burden with exposure and do get the police called upon you !!!!If you are a missouri resident take video of yourself walking into stores where open carry is legal in your city and tell me then how well it is.

slickt0mmy
01-30-2012, 14:37
Someone's got their panties in a bunch. :upeyes:

Regardless of whether you think you can carry or not, that's not the point. The point is that Starbucks, as a nationwide chain, does not restrict carry in their stores. We're going to thank them for that and support them on Valentine's Day, the day that the anti's have designated to boycott them.

This isn't a thread about Missouri's carry laws.

MoneyMaker
01-30-2012, 14:40
Open Carry in Starbucks around St Louis MO - YouTube is this you then Oramac

MoneyMaker
01-30-2012, 14:45
whos the funny long haired guy with a what looks like badge hanging out his pocket

Oramac
01-30-2012, 15:16
Excuse me i do know the law Sir!!!! Open Carry State Missouri is not,It is only set by each Municipality sort of a catch 22 thing at best,Says it is on a sheet but in reality its not and then folks dont open carry as you are still a burden with exposure and do get the police called upon you !!!!If you are a missouri resident take video of yourself walking into stores where open carry is legal in your city and tell me then how well it is.

I'm at work, so I can't see the video. I can say that I'm not in it, as I've never OC'd to a Starbucks (this year will be my first Starbucks Buycott).

And, if you want to, take a look at the Where did you carry today and how did it go (http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?93914-Where-Did-You-Carry-Today-And-How-Did-It-Go) thread in the Missouri section of OpenCarry.org. It's 13 pages of people OCing around Missouri. Yes, even people in St Louis. So whether you like it or not, MO is an OC state, even if you choose not to participate. In all honesty, I don't OC very much because of the screwy city/county laws. But to say as fact that MO is not an OC state is false.

As this thread is about the Starbucks Buycott, I'll no longer be posting about MO law, or anything that doesn't relate to Starbucks specifically. If you wish to continue, please PM me.

As an aside, punctuation would help your arguments a lot.

BuckyP
01-30-2012, 15:22

This. I'm going to go buy some coffee that day. I'll probably just CCW, but give them some business.

Oramac
01-30-2012, 15:24
This. I'm going to go buy some coffee that day. I'll probably just CCW, but give them some business.

I know a few people (like my dad) who prefer to CC, and are going to be doing this for Starbucks. If you do CC, though, I've heard it recommended that you inform them of why you are buying from them that day, since they will have no other way of knowing.

BuckyP
01-30-2012, 15:29
I know a few people (like my dad) who prefer to CC, and are going to be doing this for Starbucks. If you do CC, though, I've heard it recommended that you inform them of why you are buying from them that day, since they will have no other way of knowing.

Will do. And if they have what I am looking for, I'll be dropping 3 figures. :cool:

redbaron007
01-30-2012, 15:37

I'm going to guess you are either posting from a crackberry, Motorola Razr or your writing skills are still in the formation stage.

Nonetheless, MO is an OC state; political subdivisions can RESTRICT it, but not grant it. Not sure what part of MO you are familiar with, but I have OCd all over the state, where not restricted, without incedent.

I will OC sometime at Starbucks on Feb 14th. Most of the Starbucks here are kiosks in grocery stores, although there is one corporate one on my side of town that will be visited. :cool:

:wavey:

red

hobbydad
01-30-2012, 17:11
Orange Mocha Frappuccino's for everyone!

Orange Mocha Frappuccino! - YouTube

My wife & I will go on the 14th at least once, to throw them a few bucks in support.

Donn57
01-31-2012, 14:41
I've never set foot in a Starbucks and probably would have lived my entire life having never set foot in a Starbucks. That will change on Valentine's Day.

Brian Lee
01-31-2012, 15:20
I'd suggest that on this one particular day, everyone should show up at Starbucks with their guns unloaded - but don't tell the protestors that.

Normally I'd never carry an unloaded gun, would never let someone take my gun from me, and I'd shoot to stop them from taking it. But on this one day there is likely to be a lot of really stupid anti-gun people outside the place, and the risk is high that you'll be attacked by crazy's who may try to wrestle it away and throw it down the sewer without actually doing anything to hurt you. If it's unloaded, you can simply offer little or no resistance, and photograph them as they commit their crime, because you are in no danger of being shot with your own weapon if they take it from you. Then you have pictures of the perps, and can have them arrested. But if they try to take your phone after you've got their pictures - fight like a Mo Fo to keep that.

Because the risk of an altercation with the anti's is going to be so much higher than normal, (on that day) while the risk of actually needing the gun for real SD use is usually pretty low anyway, I don't see anything wrong with being unloaded just for that one trip into a coffee shop. You can load it again when you get back to your car.

And no, unloaded is not my recommendation for any other day or any other place. It's just my own political plot to let some foolish gun anti's show themselves up for what they really are, (seldom as non-violent-minded as they pretend to be) and cause themselves some legal troubles. I'd LOVE to see pictures in the news media of the anti-gun people being the (hopefully only) ones to employ violence at a Starbucks on Valentines day. It should be very counter-productive for them IF the gun owners play their cards right and make sure no shots go off by accident during the scuffles.

Of course you may want to be carrying your most worthless gun on that occasion - and not one you wouldn't want thrown in the sewer.

G30Mike
01-31-2012, 15:53
I live in MO and my city doesn't restrict OC, so ill be making a stop at my local Starbucks.
I OC all the time anyway, so it wont be anything really different than I'm used to.

On a sidenote, there is a bill in the senate right now in MO for complete premtion for OC...pm me if you would like more info. :)

AlexHassin
01-31-2012, 16:24
I'd suggest that on this one particular day, everyone should show up at Starbucks with their guns unloaded - but don't tell the protestors that.

Normally I'd never carry an unloaded gun, would never let someone take my gun from me, and I'd shoot to stop them from taking it. But on this one day there is likely to be a lot of really stupid anti-gun people outside the place, and the risk is high that you'll be attacked by crazy's who may try to wrestle it away and throw it down the sewer without actually doing anything to hurt you. If it's unloaded, you can simply offer little or no resistance, and photograph them as they commit their crime, because you are in no danger of being shot with your own weapon if they take it from you. Then you have pictures of the perps, and can have them arrested. But if they try to take your phone after you've got their pictures - fight like a Mo Fo to keep that.

Because the risk of an altercation with the anti's is going to be so much higher than normal, (on that day) while the risk of actually needing the gun for real SD use is usually pretty low anyway, I don't see anything wrong with being unloaded just for that one trip into a coffee shop. You can load it again when you get back to your car.

And no, unloaded is not my recommendation for any other day or any other place. It's just my own political plot to let some foolish gun anti's show themselves up for what they really are, (seldom as non-violent-minded as they pretend to be) and cause themselves some legal troubles. I'd LOVE to see pictures in the news media of the anti-gun people being the (hopefully only) ones to employ violence at a Starbucks on Valentines day. It should be very counter-productive for them IF the gun owners play their cards right and make sure no shots go off by accident during the scuffles.

Of course you may want to be carrying your most worthless gun on that occasion - and not one you wouldn't want thrown in the sewer.

That would be a whole new level of stupid. Darwin must have missed you if you’re stupid enough to try to take someone’s gun outside of a last option. Maybe its just me, but if I am trying to take someone’s gun I am assuming he is or shortly will be trying to kill me.

slickt0mmy
01-31-2012, 17:48

Yeeeeeaaaaah, no thanks. I'll be CC'ing anyway, as I rarely OC.

If anyone was listening to Tom Gresham this week, he mentioned that OC'ing to Starbucks may be more counter productive than anything. Right now the company is rather neutral. But as we saw in California, bringing attention to yourself OC'ing is a great way to get it banned. His words, not mine. :wavey:

Still, its something to think about. I'd rather simply order my coffee and mention to the barista why I came in that day.

MoneyMaker
01-31-2012, 18:02
I live in MO and my city doesn't restrict OC, so ill be making a stop at my local Starbucks.
I OC all the time anyway, so it wont be anything really different than I'm used to.

On a sidenote, there is a bill in the senate right now in MO for complete premtion for OC...pm me if you would like more info. :)

Sent you a pm about the new proposed law

porschedog
01-31-2012, 18:13
As if I needed one more reason to love Starbucks :)

A6Gator
01-31-2012, 19:13
Maybe NGAC should give its members automatic eligibility for emigrating to Canada or Great Britain.

Naw, I'm thinking just on the other side of the border from Laredo, El Paso, Nogales or San Diego...

Who knows? After a few get beheaded, they may change their minds...:supergrin:

xmanhockey7
01-31-2012, 22:42

I'll pass. If they're stupid enough to try to take my gun away they're stupid enough to risk losing their lives to get it. I doubt that this will happen but just like any other time someone OCs they need to be aware of a gun grab.

MinnesnowtaWild
02-01-2012, 00:51
I will definitely be stopping into Starbucks on valentines day with my little lady friend. However, I will be concealing as usual. No open carry for me.

Oramac
02-01-2012, 11:50

I don't know where in MO you live, but if you're in or near OFallon, I know a few of us are planning on meeting at the Starbucks out that way. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you all the info I have.

melensdad
02-01-2012, 14:08
I'd suggest that on this one particular day, everyone should show up at Starbucks with their guns unloaded - but don't tell the protestors that. . .
DON'T EXPECT TO SEE ANY ANTI-GUN PROTESTORS :wow:

They are BOYCOTTING the Starbucks chain. They are not protesting. That means they won'b be there!!!

As for the 'unloaded gun' concept, how about we just put paperweights in our holster instead. That is just as pointless :rofl: Me, I'll carry my normal 1911 carry gun in the normal fashion: cocked, locked & loaded.

dave27
02-01-2012, 14:49
DON'T EXPECT TO SEE ANY ANTI-GUN PROTESTORS
They are BOYCOTTING the Starbucks chain. They are not protesting. That means they won'b be there!!!
This. There won't be any protesters. Not even here in NY.

While I won't be OCing I will CC to Starbucks on the 14th.

MoneyMaker
02-01-2012, 14:53
i bet there are protestors and news media as it is already been reporting on fox2

Glotin
02-01-2012, 16:04
These post on forums are what get folks into hot water,there will b folks thinking its ok even though there state dont allow it and can b very risky as not all of the store managers have to agree an before you say its a corporate decision,there are managers who will have extra eyes just waiting to call the police that day.And not all store managers will want to hear you say to them what you are promoting,And i would assume some are even franchised so the corporate policy wont pertain to there store.

Anyone who bases their carry on what they read in an online forum is too stupid to carry anyway and they deserve whatever they get.

Seeing as you can't form basic sentence structure or use proper grammar I'm not surprised...

This.

Are you serious? First of all, there will be no protesters. Secondly, you think some anti-gun hippy is going to get violent with a gun owner? They are terrified of the things... the last thing they want is to touch one of them.

Again, if they are stupid enough to try and disarm me, they deserve whatever they get. I'm not going to compromise my own safety because I think some nutjob might try to take my weapon.

I've been to a Starbucks maybe 2 or 3 times in my life, but I will be CCing to Starbucks on boycott day and giving them some business.

debbert
02-01-2012, 19:36
I'll be printing this flyer and handing it to my barista:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/starbucksc.jpg/

touchmyGlock
02-01-2012, 21:03
I will buy coffee for a bunch of people in the office and let the staff/manager know that I am there in support of Starbucks' policy. I might be wearing my "Come and Take It" shirt.

208GunGeek
02-01-2012, 23:47
I'm going to go into a local Starbucks and buy.... something... On 2/14, just to support this.

I feel bad for anyone that has been affected by any kind of violence but people need to realize that bad *people* commit crimes and often times they use guns. It's people like us here on GT that value our 2nd Amendment rights and are law abiding citizens that could possibly change a bad guys mind if he tried to rob an establishment that "Joe & Jane Anti" happen to be at. They should be happy that people like us are willing and able to carry guns.

What the heck would "Joe & Jane Anti" be able to do if he/she was in any establishment and a robbery/hostage situation/shootout occurred? The only thing they could think to do would be to get away from the situation. Some of us CCW'ers would have the fight or flight conversation for a millisecond before we either fought, or got away from the situation, but at least we can consider taking the fight to a bad guy.

The Anti's give themselves no choice. I'm not going to live like that. I'm not going to be at the mercy of some wackjob when he decides to ruin everyones day.

If the "Joe & Jane Anti" put as much effort in trying to educate themselves about guns, gun safety and concealed carry, as they do organizing these protests, they'd probably be better off!

I'll get off my soapbox now...

Scott3670
02-01-2012, 23:58
OK, flame on people, but I am probably one of the only people on the planet who has never tried coffee. My wife and her friends do frequent Starbucks and I have purchased a hot chocolate from them once or twice. having said that, count me in for supporting them on this occasion. Now if they sold hot chocolate mix (or equilavent) then I would go more often.

BuckyP
02-02-2012, 07:33
Now if they sold hot chocolate mix (or equilavent) then I would go more often.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aafv_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-Starbucks-Site/Sites-Starbucks-Library/default/v1328169694907/images/slots/categorylanding/cat-landing-hot-cocoa-and-treats-0.jpg

:supergrin:

MoneyMaker
02-02-2012, 10:01
Anyone who bases their carry on what they read in an online forum is too stupid to carry anyway and they deserve whatever they get.

Seeing as you can't form basic sentence structure or use proper grammar I'm not surprised...

This.

Are you serious? First of all, there will be no protesters. Secondly, you think some anti-gun hippy is going to get violent with a gun owner? They are terrified of the things... the last thing they want is to touch one of them.

Again, if they are stupid enough to try and disarm me, they deserve whatever they get. I'm not going to compromise my own safety because I think some nutjob might try to take my weapon.

I've been to a Starbucks maybe 2 or 3 times in my life, but I will be CCing to Starbucks on boycott day and giving them some business.

True typical internet sterotype huh?

Thx-1138
02-02-2012, 13:07
I predict a bunch of gun-toting neophytes will hold up the lines in Starbucks as they try to decipher words like vente & macchiato & ristretto while the impatient regulars suffer caffeine withdrawal.

Sounds like fun!:supergrin:

I support Starbucks by being a regular at my local store. Know most of the employees by name. They all know me, my wife, kids, grandkids, etc...

AFTER becoming a super-regular, I started occasionally open-carrying there (instead of CC).

It makes a much bigger (and positive) impact to see somebody you've already classified as 'normal' to Open Carry than to see some random person do it.

But to your point: Ristretto isn't on the menu boards. If in doubt, you can always just order a 'large coffee'. And it won't cost you four bucks, either.

MoneyMaker
02-02-2012, 14:34
decided i will show up in full zombie gear and AR15 out front with 6 mags and pistol strapped to leg and knife on vest,maybe i will have my picture taken

dbrook67
02-02-2012, 15:40
Starbucks is at best neutral on this subject - and they are very liberal (http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/25/news/companies/starbucks_gay_marriage/index.htm)on most others. I do not support them.

MoneyMaker
02-02-2012, 16:02
dbrook these guys will beat you up for saying that:rofl:

slickt0mmy
02-02-2012, 16:05
Starbucks is at best neutral on this subject - and they are very liberal (http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/25/news/companies/starbucks_gay_marriage/index.htm)on most others. I do not support them.

No offense, but that seems like quite a "Have your cake and eat it to" kind of statement.
Do you post on this forum from a computer running Windows or Mac OS X? Guess what; both Microsoft and Apple support gay marriage too. How is that any different?

G30Mike
02-02-2012, 19:33
decided i will show up in full zombie gear and AR15 out front with 6 mags and pistol strapped to leg and knife on vest,maybe i will have my picture taken

Don't carry real guns. Get yourself some airsoft guns. It will look more tacticool. I assume that's the image you're goin for. :)

roderickpaulate
02-02-2012, 19:39
My dad's favorite is to go in the Starbucks. Because he loves to drink their Coffee as i guess.. :)

hikerpaddler
02-04-2012, 06:38
If I want attention, I'll wear a funny hat. If you want to support Starbucks, spend money there. Looking for attention and permitee carry aren't mutually beneficial.

LApm9
02-04-2012, 09:01

Consider that Starbucks may be taking a "Pro-Liberty" position.

I can go for that.

Though I think gay marriage is ridiculous and an intentional insult to the church, I would feel odd demanding my freedoms while curtailing those of others.

MoneyMaker
02-04-2012, 09:01
i still wanna know in the above video link i posted,was it a LE officer showing the badge off his front right pocket on his pants or someone carrying one of those goofy CCW Badges?

LApm9
02-04-2012, 09:11
Make sure to tip heavily and tell them, in unquestionably positive terms why you are there.

If you throw a fiver in the jar, they WILL NOT forget you. If ten of us throw fivers in the jar, they will develop a very positive impression of us gun nuts that will last, subliminally, for a very long time.

This is an opportunity sent from heaven. Don't mess it up!

Bill Lumberg
02-04-2012, 13:37
No wait- lets all dress up like the Blue Man Group and throw 20's in the tip box! That'll REALLY make them remember us. If being remembered is our goal and all. Don't stop at mere attention seeking, go big!

MoneyMaker
02-04-2012, 13:44
I dont have a fiver to put in the jar

MoneyMaker
02-04-2012, 17:34
Here is something to PONDER,So Starbucks want to show it is for guns with promoting the OC in there stores,Then why dont they allow there Employees to be armed while working the stores?Seems alot of them are not in the best of neighborhoods,I assume they will say just like others it has to do with INSURANCE and Liability issues,So whats your take on someone who lets the public do one thing and the workers another.

g26andgtrs
02-06-2012, 11:08
Well, I never OC. I don't even own an OC holster for my CCW. But I'll be at Starbucks on the 14th with my 2-dollar bills. I seriously doubt there will be protesters there, and if there are, I don't think they are going to be trying to disarm anyone. They are afraid of guns and those of us who carry them. If anything, they would be afraid that they would be more likely to get shot that day, since there will be people with guns around. :shocked: :upeyes:

Oramac
02-06-2012, 11:47
Here is something to PONDER,So Starbucks want to show it is for guns with promoting the OC in there stores,Then why dont they allow there Employees to be armed while working the stores?Seems alot of them are not in the best of neighborhoods,I assume they will say just like others it has to do with INSURANCE and Liability issues,So whats your take on someone who lets the public do one thing and the workers another.

Many businesses do this, and it is their right as a business to make that call. I don't agree with it, but there it is.

The fact that Starbucks refuses the anit's demands and openly follows the local law with regards to firearms is reason enough to support them. If we boycotted everyone who didn't allow employees to carry, we'd never be able to shop anywhere.

MoneyMaker
02-06-2012, 14:25
To me its hypocritical,As there are several gun shops i stop going to as they wont let there staff carry either but will sell you guns.I see where ou are trying to go but i wont support them due to there in house policy,The workers who are in that store should be able to defend thereselves,As not all Starbucks are in ideal areas!

slickt0mmy
02-06-2012, 14:28

I wouldn't say they are trying to show they are "for guns". Its more a matter of them being completely neutral on the issue and leaving it up to state law. And they aren't exactly promoting OC. Starbucks didn't organize our little anti-boycott. In this matter, I think their outlook is "Hey, we just serve coffee. We're not going to get involved with the political nonsense."

But to answer your question, my own workplace is the same way. They post a sign in the employee break room but not out in the main customer area. Personally I think it's pretty ridiculous but then again, the whole company is ridiculous.

Snowman92D
02-06-2012, 16:33
If I want attention, I'll wear a funny hat. If you want to support Starbucks, spend money there. Looking for attention and permitee carry aren't mutually beneficial.

I'll spend some money there on that day. I normally don't go to limp-wrist places like that any more than I'd play golf or drive a Prius. If the anti-gunners are trying to hurt them, then that's a reason to try to help them out. Especially seeing as how the libs see Starbucks are 'their' turf. I don't OC for political purposes, because I think the guys that do that are trying to compensate for something. Probably their inability to impress women at a nudist camp.

Rustin
02-06-2012, 21:49
might as well support

MinnesnowtaWild
02-06-2012, 22:08
I'll spend some money there on that day. I normally don't go to limp-wrist places like that any more than I'd play golf or drive a Prius. If the anti-gunners are trying to hurt them, then that's a reason to try to help them out. Especially seeing as how the libs see Starbucks are 'their' turf. I don't OC for political purposes, because I think the guys that do that are trying to compensate for something. Probably their inability to impress women at a nudist camp.

I used to be embarrassed driving my girlfriends Prius, but now I don't care and I actually quite enjoy the quietness and the 50 MPG of it. Not all Prius owners are tree huggers and not all people who hang out at coffee shops are flaming liberals.

Warp
02-06-2012, 22:44
To me its hypocritical,As there are several gun shops i stop going to as they wont let there staff carry either but will sell you guns.I see where ou are trying to go but i wont support them due to there in house policy,The workers who are in that store should be able to defend thereselves,As not all Starbucks are in ideal areas!

Where do you shop?

I mean this, seriously. Where do you buy clothing? Groceries? Gasoline? Coffee? Anything?

Can you get anything delivered? FedEx and UPS and the USPS don't allow their employees to carry, do they?

I used to be embarrassed driving my girlfriends Prius, but now I don't care and I actually quite enjoy the quietness and the 50 MPG of it. Not all Prius owners are tree huggers and not all people who hang out at coffee shops are flaming liberals.

I almost got run into by a Prius yesterday. I walked right behind them in the parking lot as they were backing up. I didn't realize why until after.

It was too quiet. We were in a quiet lot and I couldn't hear a thing. I realized I had subconsciously written the vehicles off as not being a 'threat' to back up because I didn't hear anything.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to mention this. Have you ever noticed maybe people don't get out of the way or walk into your way more while driving it?

MinnesnowtaWild
02-07-2012, 01:35
No I have never noticed that and I used to drive it when I was going to college in Minneapolis, which has a lot of people on foot and on bike (a lot of dumb, inattentive people). They are quiet, but only at very low speeds like 5 MPH or under or at a complete stop. In the parking lot backing out of the spot, the motor will not be on unless it's cold outside and you have the heat cranked or its really hot outside and you have the AC on.

The only thing I have in common with the stereotypical Prius driver is I love the outdoors. I love using lead sinkers when I catch fish and set a big hook into their mouths and I love pumping led into the earth when I go shooting.

I bet people would never suspect that the guy driving the Prius is packing a pistol (or two).

gardan01
02-07-2012, 01:54
The anti-gun groups are pushing for a boycott of Starbucks because Starbucks would not kick out citizens who were legally openly carrying firearms. So even if you don't want to spend $5.00 on a whipped up latte/cappuccino/coffee drink, if you support gun rights AND if it is legal in your state, you may want to OC in the local Starbucks to counter the anti-gun groups who are boycotting.

The so-called "facts" are outright lies! My friend and I frequent various locations of "California Pizza Kitchen," and they simply DO NOT FORBID us from carrying our concealed handguns in the restaurants! Stupid humans who try to alarm the gun-toting community with their lies are the same level of scum that the "anti-gun rights" humans are!:steamed:

MoneyMaker
02-07-2012, 07:42
Where do you shop?

I mean this, seriously. Where do you buy clothing? Groceries? Gasoline? Coffee? Anything?

Can you get anything delivered? FedEx and UPS and the USPS don't allow their employees to carry, do they?

And they dont go around Promoting and FaceBooking that they do then go to say they are neatural about the subject just to gain revenue from the gun toters

oldsoldier
02-07-2012, 08:35

Yep, its surprising how many MO citizens don't know that OC is legal except where prohibited by local ordinance. Sometimes the hard part is finding someone at the local city/town government level that knows if it legal or not.

MoneyMaker
02-07-2012, 09:29
Yep, its surprising how many MO citizens don't know that OC is legal except where prohibited by local ordinance. Sometimes the hard part is finding someone at the local city/town government level that knows if it legal or not.

No most know but like it being said it is govened by local municaplity and even if it is legal in that city,Most cops would still arrest or detain you as they have no clue to the Law!!

Thx-1138
02-07-2012, 16:25

Pretty much the same in NC. Except that local municipalities can only restrict the display of firearms on public streets, sidewalks, and parks. IIRC, there is only one city that does that, the one I live in.

So... I can OC and drive to Starbucks, get out of the car in their parking lot, and OC in the parking lot and the store. But I couldn't walk there OC.

Silly. But them's the rules. I CC much more often than OC anyway.

RussP
02-07-2012, 16:54
No most know but like it being said it is govened by local municaplity and even if it is legal in that city,Most cops would still arrest or detain you as they have no clue to the Law!!What are you doing to correct that lack of knowledge?

MoneyMaker
02-07-2012, 18:02
carrying ccw and i emailed and phone called everyoe that needed to be contacted,but i am not able to lobby like some,so i can only do so much,but i dont go out and makea spectical off myself trying to promote something

PEC-Memphis
02-08-2012, 00:36
.... will hold up the lines in Starbucks as they try to decipher words like vente & macchiato & ristretto while the impatient regulars suffer caffeine withdrawal.

If I drank coffee - that would be me.

I'd like a medium -

"oh (in condescending tone) do you want a tall or a grande?"

A tall sounds like a large, and a grande sounds like an extra large....

"No, a tall is a small - and a venti is a large - there is no extra large"

Then what is a "short"?

"That is an extra-small"

There is an extra small - but no extra large? Why don't you just call them small, medium, large and extra large?

"Then we'd be fast-food workers instead of Baristas, say do you want a ristretto with that?"

Tommy Hanrahan
02-08-2012, 00:59
No OC for me, seems stupid actually. Why risk putting Starbucks' at odds with us. They do not support OC nor do they oppose it, at this time. They might change their stance if they hear negative gun things from enough customers. I'll wear a "I love guns and coffee" tee shirt and my G23 concealed. All I want to show is my support for Starbucks' as well as my opposition to the sh+theads boycotting. No one needs to see my firearm to understand why I am there.

MinnesnowtaWild
02-08-2012, 01:14
I agree...Open carrying on that day is not going to help the cause. It will probably hurt it if anything.

Snowman92D
02-08-2012, 01:16
No OC for me, seems stupid actually. Why risk putting Starbucks' at odds with us. They do not support OC nor do they oppose it, at this time. They might change their stance if they hear negative gun things from enough customers. I'll wear a "I love guns and coffee" tee shirt and my G23 concealed. All I want to show is my support for Starbucks' as well as my opposition to the sh+theads boycotting. No one needs to see my firearm to understand why I am there.

:goodpost:

MoneyMaker
02-08-2012, 03:59
Basically what i said on missouri carry forum and guess what i have been shunned from there forum:dunno:

RussP
02-08-2012, 05:13
If I drank coffee - that would be me.

I'd like a medium -

"oh (in condescending tone) do you want a tall or a grande?"

A tall sounds like a large, and a grande sounds like an extra large....

"No, a tall is a small - and a venti is a large - there is no extra large"

Then what is a "short"?

"That is an extra-small"

There is an extra small - but no extra large? Why don't you just call them small, medium, large and extra large?

"Then we'd be fast-food workers instead of Baristas, say do you want a ristretto with that?":rofl::rofl:

Bill Lumberg
02-08-2012, 06:42
It's an incorrect assumption. It would need to be the case for him to be able to correct it. :) What are you doing to correct that lack of knowledge?

redbaron007
02-08-2012, 07:49
Basically what i said on missouri carry forum and guess what i have been shunned from there forum:dunno:

When you sound like a troll, you'll be treated like one. :faint:

red

redbaron007
02-08-2012, 07:52
No most know but like it being said it is govened by local municaplity and even if it is legal in that city,Most cops would still arrest or detain you as they have no clue to the Law!!

Can you substantiate this or is this another one of your theories? I will assume it is the latter since you have not been able to justify anything else you've posted; however, please feel free to correct me.

red

HexHead
02-08-2012, 07:58

My wife just got a Prius. I told her she can't take the NRA license plate off my truck. We'll pick her up her own Life Member license plate frame at the Annual Meeting in April.

Yang332
02-08-2012, 08:09
I'll go have a cup. I'll be ccing.

OctoberRust
02-08-2012, 08:24
Well walmart allows ccw but i dont go thanking them and trying to hold a ralley at the store,What will become of this will be a big MEDIA event as you will see on Feb 14th and as a gun owner the MEDIA is the last i want on my side.

Walmart isn't being boycotted by an anti-freedom group.

Starbucks showed us support and respect our constitutional rights, we're just returning the favor since an anti-freedom group is attempting a boycott on the 14th. We're going to negate that boycot by buying their product.

BuckyP
02-08-2012, 08:26
Walmart isn't being boycotted by an anti-freedom group.

Starbucks showed us support and respect our constitutional rights, we're just returning the favor since an anti-freedom group is attempting a boycott on the 14th. We're going to negate that boycot by buying their product.

:goodpost:

RussP
02-08-2012, 10:19
Basically what i said on missouri carry forum and guess what i have been shunned from there forum:dunno:Which Missouri carry forum was that?

hawgrider
02-08-2012, 10:28
Funny how the liberals stance on guns shows just how ignorant they are. Some of my family members are quite liberal and used to be against guns until something happens to them and they changed their tune. As a matter of fact we were at a family gathering back in January where there were at least 6 of us carrying. One was my very liberal father in law who has changed his tune about guns. I said to my wife sure would be a big mistake for someone to come busting on up in here with all of us. :whistling: She agreed. Anyway I for one will be out to Starbucks on valentines day.

MoneyMaker
02-08-2012, 10:37
just keep thumping your chest boys,you all make things look so stupid by posting pictures at some coffee shop and youtube videos and then think Congress should let you have a new law because of it,Simply unregulated way to try to get a point across to Politicians!!!!!!!!!

MoneyMaker
02-08-2012, 10:38
Sorry Missouri guys but Missouri already has OC and SB680 wont pass.And which is does starbucks support OC or just neatural but had to go to press about it to get you guys to visit for more revenue?Seems some say they support it but others say no just dont have a opinion on it.Good catch 22 on there part as from what i am seeing its working for them as guys will be there to give them extra money on feb14th,lol

MoneyMaker
02-08-2012, 10:40
Can you substantiate this or is this another one of your theories? I will assume it is the latter since you have not been able to justify anything else you've posted; however, please feel free to correct me.

red

you remind me of about 6 other guys i know in swmo that are le or think they are:rofl::wavey:you duck hunt

MoneyMaker
02-08-2012, 10:46
General Tso

OctoberRust
02-08-2012, 11:02
just keep thumping your chest boys,you all make things look so stupid by posting pictures at some coffee shop and youtube videos and then think Congress should let you have a new law because of it,Simply unregulated way to try to get a point across to Politicians!!!!!!!!!

I think you're on the wrong forum man. :rofl:

MoneyMaker
02-08-2012, 11:36
from your avatar i think you dream alot,hahahahahahaha

Oramac
02-08-2012, 11:39
As a special request, can we all please agree to start completely ignoring MoneyMaker? My eyes are starting to bleed. He is either a very, very good troll (in which case, he has my congratulations) or he is incredibly ignorant. I hope it's the former, but I'm beginning to suspect the latter. Please, everyone, just ignore him.

As far as Starbucks goes, I will still be going on the 14th, and I will be OCing. I will be wearing, at least, business casual clothing and making every attempt to be kind and cordial to everyone there. I encourage all others to do the same.