Safariland paddle holster help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Safariland paddle holster help

BradHersch
01-30-2012, 11:19
I posted this under carry issues and didn't get a response so I'm hoping since this forum has a lot more action I can get some help.

Just bought a safariland 6378-283-411 ALS paddle holster for my G19. Like the idea of an easy on/off holster. Figured I'd get one for my G21sf too. After struggling to get it on I find it comfortable and love the easy access to the pistol and ease of reholstering. Problem...for the life of me I can't get the holster off without almost dislocating both shoulders. Any suggestions before I give up on it? I should mention that I can't really reach the weak hand over for assistance. Have shoulder problems. Any trick to doing it with one hand. Wearing a fairly thick 1-1/2" belt with blue jeans. Thanks!!!

Glock27NY
01-30-2012, 13:31
How do you wear it? Paddle over the pants , under the belt or paddle inside the pants?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

FLSlim
01-30-2012, 13:32
I don't know about the S'land, but with the Fobus you can push the front or rear of the holster away from the belt and rotate up the side where the paddle is torqued away from the belt. There is probably a better way to describe this but......

BradHersch
01-30-2012, 20:56
I prefer to wear the paddle inside pants with a tee shirt on. I need to be able to remove holster quickly on ocassion. IE..entering certain federal buildings etc...
I would also like the idea of switching back and forth between g26, g19 and g21sf
All gen 3 and all shoot accurate with 100% reliability
Kind of need to learn to remove with strong hand (right) only
Thx

SlickGlock
01-31-2012, 00:06
I removed the hook which engages the bottom of the belt (I do not do open carry in public, only concealed) and just put a washer under the hook’s screw as a spacer. The holster is still very tight, but it is easier to put it on and to remove it.

To remove, put your opposite hand on the belt to hold the paddle in place, and use the other hand to separate the body of holster from the paddle at the bottom of the holster. Then do not pull, but rotate the entire holster, moving bottom of the holster ahead until it clears the belt.

If you keep the hook, then you do the same, only before you rotate the holster, push the holster down to unhook the belt.

This rotation thing was recommended in the enclosed instruction. Hope this helps.

-SlickGlock

YtownGlock
01-31-2012, 09:52
I have a Safariland 5188 paddle holster. I for the life of me, could not get it on or off. I took the paddle off and screwed on the belt loop and use it that way. My academy firearms instructor uses a safariland als paddle holster and he puts it on and takes it off with ease. He told me to work the paddle and loosen it up. I did that, still can't get it on or off. I don't know what to do. I have a similar holster on order, but it is an ALS version. I might have to take the paddle off and put the belt loop on it.