ASU President Just Sent This To Students [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ASU President Just Sent This To Students

Foxtrotx1
01-31-2012, 14:37
https://asunews.asu.edu/20120131_statement_guns

While I disagree with the bill, it is for entirely different reasons.

Foxtrotx1
01-31-2012, 14:45
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2840322/posts

A little background.

NEOH212
02-02-2012, 04:43
I don't recall seeing a shred of creditable evidence stating that guns on campus wouldn't increase safety. Nor do I recall seeing any creditable evidence showing that guns on campus will increase crime or endanger anyone. For this guy to say that there isn't any evidence showing that schools are safer armed is for him to imply that there is creditable evidence to the contrary.

The key words here being, "Creditable Evidence."

I support any bill that will allow more people to be legally armed in more places. IMHO, once someone obtains a carry permit, it should allow them to carry everywhere. Or better yet, get rid of carry permits and let the Second Amendment be our permits like it should have been all long before the Government got their hands in it and passed Illegal laws that violate the Second Amendment and there by violating the Constitution of the United States.

RGbiker
02-02-2012, 13:20
What these leaders of higher learning fail to understand is - a "Gun free zone" can become a kill zone, as everyone inside that area is defenseless against an armed intruder.

Yes, there are campus Police within calling distance - who will respond after a deranged person has done his deadly work.

Foxtrotx1
02-03-2012, 07:34
The legislation accomplishes almost nothing. You cannot carry in buildings. That's not helpful. It's a POS.

Jerry
02-03-2012, 11:38
“World Health Organization”, first red flag.

“But please leave them in your car if you bring them to school, which is our present policy.” Where they can be stolen and used to shoot the people and children at the university. :upeyes:

“ASU Police, the Phoenix SWAT and all the other professional law enforcement chiefs we have talked to are opposed to this bill and say that it will reduce safety.” Of course! Use dial a prayer 911. They are only minutes away when you need them right now. But the’ll be happy to clean up the mess and notify your next of kin.

“Can you imagine a crowded college lecture hall in which one student pulls a handgun and fires a shot, then a dozen more students, untrained in the use of firearms and how to handle potentially deadly situations, all pull out their guns?” This “moron” believes CCW holders are as irresponsible as he. I'll bet if you asked him if would do such a thing his answer would be emphatically NO. But he thinks he's smarter than CCW holders. I’m smarter that you... the epitome of arrogance.

I can’t read anymore of His minutia. I feel like my IQ has already dropped several point. :puking:

Jerry
02-03-2012, 11:44
The legislation accomplishes almost nothing. You cannot carry in buildings. That's not helpful. It's a POS.

Just leave it in the basket on your bicycle where it and we will be safe. After all we wouldn’t want you in a building wiht it where it might hurt someone.

Sorry! After reading some of the ASU presidents tripe I couldn't help being sarcastic.