Sub 2000 .40 question [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : Sub 2000 .40 question

01-31-2012, 17:46
I have just picked up a Sub 2000 in .40 that takes G22 mags. My question is, does anybody know if Kel-Tec sells a G23 grip kit to convert it to take 23 mags? I have no problem cutting it if I have to but would prefer to just change the grip. Thanks.

01-31-2012, 17:49
The compact sized grips are just normal grips cut down at the factory.

01-31-2012, 17:52
The compact sized grips are just normal grips cut down at the factory.

Thank you.

The Habit
01-31-2012, 18:59
Yep, you can just lop off the bottom of the magwell to accommodate the G23 mags.

02-01-2012, 05:02
The 22 grips are plenty small..I considered cutting mine down and decided another 1/2" shorter grip wasn't for me...Bought more G22 mags instead..

4 glocks
02-01-2012, 10:50
Same thing with the 9mm G17 and G19 grips. Most people just cut them down. is a KT forum they have a Sub 2000 forum. Call KT @ 321-631-0068 I think there hours are 9am to 3pm EST.

I like black
02-01-2012, 11:26
Just a couple of things to consider when performing a grip cut down.

The 23 mags are a different angle on the bottom so be sure you slide in the 23 mag and line out the angle using masking tape or something similar.

Use a belt sander instead of a saw it's more accurate and easier to get the best results.

Get the grip close and then insert the mag until it clicks into place to avoid over cutting or have an uneven cut or trim job.

The grip does not seen like it's that short when it's completed to me however you can install a pinky extension on the mags I have heard if you don't like the results.

Good luck