Desantis nemesis [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Desantis nemesis

cjkoz1975
01-31-2012, 20:02
Hi all,
I am looking at getting a desantis nemesis for my gen3 26. Which I love. I was just wondering if anyone has used one. It would be primarily used in cargo pants and shorts. I eventually want to get a n82 professional but for now I can't carry in the state I live in so I will only be carrying when I travel. I just dont want to dump a bunch of money into something I can't use every day. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

malleable
01-31-2012, 20:03
I occasionally carry an LCR in one and it works great

Travclem
01-31-2012, 20:05
They are the only pocket holster I use for my S&W642 and Kahr MK40. They stay put on the draw every time.

cjkoz1975
01-31-2012, 20:09
What is an IBTL statement?

SevenSixtyTwo
01-31-2012, 20:10
I carry my 3rd gen G26 in my Desantis Nemesis every day at work and in my Galco concealable belt holster on my time. I've had the Nemesis for over a year. Works well for me.

malleable
01-31-2012, 20:12
What is an IBTL statement?

It means in before the lock, some people post it as a prediction of where a thread will go but the site owner doesn't want to see it so you get an infraction as a warning if you do it.

cjkoz1975
01-31-2012, 20:16
I'm sorry. I don't know what that means. I'm not looking to break any rules or offend anyone, just get some info about some good glock products.

Travelin' Jack
01-31-2012, 20:19
I'm sorry. I don't know what that means. I'm not looking to break any rules or offend anyone, just get some info about some good glock products.

You're fine.

I have a Nemesis for my Ruger LCP and my Glock 26, and they work great.

Travclem
01-31-2012, 20:19
That is in my signature line, not my post to you.

You did nothing wrong, I got in trouble for saying IBTL once and put it in my sig line like a smartass.:rofl:

Sorry if I confused you.

sig line down there V

cjkoz1975
01-31-2012, 20:22
Thank you for explaining that. I presume that the nemesis will work just fine especially for a price of about $19 and free shipping then?

Travclem
01-31-2012, 20:26
Thank you for explaining that. I presume that the nemesis will work just fine especially for a price of about $19 and free shipping then?
Yes:wavey:

LT642
01-31-2012, 20:52
The Desantis Nemesis is okay, but it doesn't compare to the Mika pocket holsters, night and day. They are available square or round cut, the best pocket holster I've ever used.

jamaicanj
01-31-2012, 20:55
I have a nemesis for my 26 and it works just fine.

SK2344
01-31-2012, 23:17
Hi all,
I am looking at getting a desantis nemesis for my gen3 26. Which I love. I was just wondering if anyone has used one. It would be primarily used in cargo pants and shorts. I eventually want to get a n82 professional but for now I can't carry in the state I live in so I will only be carrying when I travel. I just dont want to dump a bunch of money into something I can't use every day. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

I'm a Pocket carry guy so I love the Nemesis and I have two of them which fit all 4 of my Glocks, the 19, 26, 30SF and my EDC G36. I have no complaints!

chester
01-31-2012, 23:18
I am a happy owner of 3 Nemesis holsters and used one of them every day for several years. However last week I purchased a Bear Creek leather pocket holster and for $40 it is waaaay better. Nothing wrong with a Nemesis. Make sure you get the exact Nemesis for your gun.

barth
02-01-2012, 00:32
I love the Nemesis for my S&W 342 ti -J-Frame.
For my Autos, although I have Nemesis holsters, I prefer the Super Fly.
It handles printing better
And covers the rear sights so they don't snag or print through soft pants.

40 cal.
02-01-2012, 09:44
I like my Nemesis holster for my DB380 but I sampled a Mitch Rosen and it is 10x better. Was my first lesson when it comes to holsters buy the best you can afford.

Beanie-Bean
02-01-2012, 09:52
I have a Nemesis for my Ruger LCR. Works well, however, I'd also recommend checking out the Remora holsters--they're inexpensive, and work for both IWB and pocket carry. My favorites to carry in those type holsters are the Glock subcompacts, Kimber Solo, and SIG P238HD.

moishlashen
02-01-2012, 11:16
I have one for my G26-its great. I don't use it for on person carry but rather bag carry, pocket carry, nightstand storage etc.

HexHead
02-01-2012, 11:20
Nemesis here for my 26. Pocket carry in my jeans front pocket. Works great. Have one for my Mustang too.

dave27
02-01-2012, 13:55
I guess I'll be the lone dissenter. I have one for my PM9 and I can't make it work. It always comes out with the gun and it prints badly, huge bulge/crease in the front of my pocket. I'm not a skinny jeans guy either, my pants are all a little big for IWB carry. I honestly don't see how some guys can pull off a sub-compact Glock in the pocket, let alone a 19 or 30SF!

JBL13
02-02-2012, 07:25
I use one daily for my LCR in a cargo pants pocket. Works great.

Caver 60
02-03-2012, 00:15
I guess I'll be the lone dissenter. I have one for my PM9 and I can't make it work. It always comes out with the gun and it prints badly, huge bulge/crease in the front of my pocket. I'm not a skinny jeans guy either, my pants are all a little big for IWB carry. I honestly don't see how some guys can pull off a sub-compact Glock in the pocket, let alone a 19 or 30SF!

I had to modify my Nemesis for my PM9 by cutting some off around the trigger guard (didn't expose the trigger guard) and re-sewing the welt to make it work. And then it only works in certain pants, since I don't wear cargo pants. With the modification I can push it off with my middle finger while drawing. I tried the Remora and the Mika also.

The Nemesis for my P3AT works great for all my pants. I still use the 'push off' technique as I draw, but the one for the P3AT doesn't require any cutting. Only problem is the little flap that makes it stand upright gets bunched up after awhile. I cross sew that little flap back and forth several times to make it stand straighter. The sewn up Nemesis is the only thing I pocket carry my P3AT in. That combo is my 'American Express' for pocket carry. I won't leave home with out it, no matter what else I'm carrying. I threw away the Super Fly. Don't need it. Pistol and holster don't print. Never been made that I know of and I've been using it daily for about 7 years or so.

The Mika (got two) for my PM9 works in some pockets, but it's thicker than I like, makes the pocket bulge a little to much to suit me. Draw is OK with the Mika.

The Remora (got three for various pistols) just won't work in a pocket for me (even with a P3AT). Again it's thicker than I like and I can't draw cleanly from it in a pocket. But remember I don't wear cargo pants either.

But the Remora will work inside the waste band, although there are better holsters out there for that purpose IMO. But it is sticky and if you can find the right size pocket, it will stick in it on the draw.

spec357
02-03-2012, 20:43
I use one with my LCP...works great, I also have one for a 442 that I don't have anymore that worked great too.

Bud0505
02-05-2012, 09:26
I have one for my Glock 27 and I have to agree with Dave27 in that about have the time the holster comes out of my pocket with the pistol. I've been practicing a pulling back and up motion and that may be the key. Meanwhile I will continue to carry my .38 special using an Andrews leather pocket holster.

saddlebum
02-05-2012, 10:15
The Desantis Nemesis is okay, but it doesn't compare to the Mika pocket holsters, night and day. They are available square or round cut, the best pocket holster I've ever used.
gonna have to disaggree, the mika holsters are too thick and they let the gun fall over in your pocket. the nemesis prints less and keeps the gun upright in the pocket