crossbreed customization [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : crossbreed customization

gtoglocker
01-31-2012, 22:33
I recently got a crossbreed supertuck for my g26. I got it at a local shop, so score 1 for me. Unfortunately, it's the basic one. No combat cut and I can't get a firm grip on my glock before I draw.
Has anybody ever customized the holster (cut) to allow them to get a full grip on the gun?
Pic's are welcome!

DaneA
01-31-2012, 22:42
Yep, about half the people on here with one. Try the search function for further details.

gtoglocker
01-31-2012, 22:46
I did try searching. Both "custom crossbreed holster" and simply "crossbreed holster". Didn't come up with anything that popped out as what I would be looking for.

DaneA
01-31-2012, 22:48
30 seconds of searching the term "crossbreed combat cut" produced this link:

http://baunehunter.weebly.com/firearms.html

rpew1
01-31-2012, 22:56
Instead of replying like a ****** why not just not reply?

gtoglocker
01-31-2012, 22:59
It would make sense that I didn't come up with the same results as you. seeing how we had different search terms. go figure.

fuzzy03cls
02-01-2012, 09:50
Cut all mine around my gun to fit better. Here's a good pic of a cut one I mounted in my truck...
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/fuzzytheman/Guns/car1.jpg

MinnesnowtaWild
02-02-2012, 01:13
Do they all get that ugly over time?

WASR10
02-02-2012, 02:41
I don't have a crossbreed, but I customized my Kholster (similar design) with a combat style cut. I used my sharpest knife and "sawed" it along the lines I drew. Works great and is extremely comfortable!

fuzzy03cls
02-02-2012, 17:23
Do they all get that ugly over time?
Some do. Depends on how it's used.

Pop Smoke
02-02-2012, 21:40
It's easy to do. Rule of thumb is to decide how you want the shape of the cut to be and use a marker on the back of the leather to mark where you want the cuts to be so you can see it easily. I trimmed up a piece of cardboard for how I wanted the shape to be then traced it to the back of my holster before starting the cut. I need to modify my newest Supertuck to a combat cut.

Choose what you are going to cut it with wisely. Razor blades can be finicky with the Crossbreed's leather and may not allow cutting in curves as easily as leather tools will. A good pair of EMT shears might even do the trick.

I think I have a pair I can loan you if you need them. If they break I can always replace them, but they do cut through pennies so it shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, if you have the RTF, RTF2, or Gen 4 you need to be cautious with a combat cut. The frame texture can easily rough up your skin and tear up clothing if you're not careful. My RTF 17 got me recently when I demo'd a Supertuck for a student.

gtoglocker
02-02-2012, 22:49
I used a razor blade I had sitting in my tool box. Corners were a bit tricky, but I got it done and am happy with the way It came out. Yea I noticed right away that I needed some kind of undershirt. It was really rough on my skin. I went to walmart and got some cheap undershirts.