Need HELP with NC Zoning Laws ??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP with NC Zoning Laws ???

T-Rod45
02-01-2012, 06:54
Hey guys. I need to sell my house and GTFO of the wretched state of Connecticut. About 2 years ago a friend of mine moved to Burlington, NC and tells me he loves it there. I've been looking at AZ, NV, TX, NM, and FL. Most definitely want to stay in a 2A friendly state with no helmet law as well.

My question that I really need help with is this; what are the laws in NC regarding shooting on my own property? How many acres would I need, how far from a structure, any special process I'd have to go through (such as obtaining consent of neighbors, etc.)? :dunno:

My dream would be to build a nice little pistol range with ultimately enough space for a 100+ yard rifle range as well. Any insight on the topic would be greatly appreciated! :cool:

Eagle22
02-05-2012, 09:52
well NC has MC helmet laws. But very friendly 2A state. Best Castle Doctrine laws in the US now

Figure for any shooting you need to be at least 100 yards away from any habitable structure and any road. and good dirt back stop too.

We have a long deer hunting season here in NC. Bow, Black powered, rifle and back to bow. Oct 1 to mid Feb I think.

I am a Realtor so if I can help, let me know. PM or Email me

Tom

hawgrider
02-06-2012, 10:31
SC and FL have no helmet laws and are also 2A friendly.

JC2317
02-06-2012, 13:43
I'm pretty sure you have to be outside of any city limits in order to shoot on your property. Some, if not all cities and towns have ordinance against discharge of firearm in city/town limits. I have a friend who is in Durham county and we shoot on his property with no problems. Whatever town or county you are looking in check with the police, sheriff or local/ county planning office.