Glock 27 Ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 27 Ammo

Glocknload 19
02-01-2012, 20:40
Mas,
If your carry gun of choice was the Glock 27 with a Pierce +2 mag. and you could choose any ammo to load it with, what would it be. Gold Dots in the 155 or 165gr, possibly the DPX, or maybe Ranger 165 gr? what would be your personal choice based on that particular weapon. Ill be carrying a weak side back up weapon and have ruled out the small pocket autos. My choices are narrowed down to the SW 642 or the LCR. Again which would you choose? Do you feel the revolver is a decent back up choice. Have heard not many LE agencys authorize the j frame for back up, don't know why, but with my primary being a G27, that's the only thing lighter that I feel is reliable enough and hits hard enough for a back up. Will probably carry the GD 135+p in it. Do you feel the j frame is obsolete for back up. Your thoughts please. Thanks.

Mas Ayoob
02-02-2012, 06:02
I'm kinda partial to 165 and 155 in the Baby Glock .40, myself. DPX is very promising, did well in one shooting reported by John Farnam. Mainstream hi-tech JHPs like Gold Dot and Ranger get used more, of course, and build a history faster. No one who has used them seems to be complaining.

J-frames remain hugely popular for back up and even off duty use in most of the country. I think they will remain so for a very long time.

best,
Mas