(arguably) The Best Concealment Holster On The Planet [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : (arguably) The Best Concealment Holster On The Planet

mike1956
02-01-2012, 20:47
A video describing my all-time, bar none favorite, the Brommeland Max-Con V IWB holster. The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube

Amsdorf
02-01-2012, 20:54
That was a slide show, not a video.

Fail.

cowboy1964
02-01-2012, 21:21
Enclosed bottom? That's usually considered a negative in holster design these days.

bunbut
02-01-2012, 21:29
My only complain: extremely tight when first got them. Had to perform break in.

peterj
02-01-2012, 21:41
Brommeland's Max Con is indeed a fine holster, I have several and they are the best IWB holster I've found. I've had quite a few over the years; Sparks, Rosen, Alessi, TT, Ritchie, R. Grizzle, HBE, to name some; and while they're all good, Brommeland's just works the best.

MinnesnowtaWild
02-02-2012, 01:12
Enclosed bottom? That's usually considered a negative in holster design these days.

Why? :dunno:

kgjl
02-02-2012, 02:54
They can fill with crap or water.

HerrGlock
02-02-2012, 03:02
Why? :dunno:

Sand, dust, moisture and grit collect on the bottom and then the muzzle of your pistol just sits in it.

Deployment Solu
02-02-2012, 04:07
My kydex holsters are just as comfortable and don't require a break in or a need to ransom your first born to afford it!!!

Bren
02-02-2012, 04:18
My kydex holsters are just as comfortable and don't require a break in or a need to ransom your first born to afford it!!!

That's what I was thinking. Those things cost $140-200 and my favorite kydex IWB I found in the used bin at a gun shop for $5. It works just fine. I'll never get how some of these guys are all into holsters.

As mentioned, I also do not buy holsters with a closed muzzle end, but I guess it's OK for an IWB if you check it and make sure stuff doesn't get in there and get pressed into your muzzle.

Yang332
02-02-2012, 05:23

LOL! Too Funny.

BuckyP
02-02-2012, 07:00

You forgot the wait time on some of the custom leather makers. (Though a few Kydex makers are getting just as bad.) :whistling:

lethal tupperwa
02-02-2012, 07:14
I still think this is better

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K7.htm

Quarter Tank
02-02-2012, 07:39
I like my Crossbreed Supertuck.

I think though I am going to the Comptac MTAC for my next IWB simply for the fact I can use it with any gun

BuckyP
02-02-2012, 08:17
Normally I'd plug Garrity, but he no longer lists a phone number and he hasn't been responding to emails. :steamed:

May have to consider one of these for my next holster. :dunno: I'm still a leather guy for IWB, regardless of the wait.

mj9mm
02-02-2012, 08:38
variety is nice and everybody has an opinion:wavey:

jb1911
02-02-2012, 09:34
My favorites so far are my Milt Sparks Summer Special II for my G26 and my Versa Max II for my Colt 1991A1.

Gun Shark
02-02-2012, 09:54
I love my Mitch Rosen Premeir Express OWB for $100 at my door(for concealed carry I couldn't spend 160 dollars for hand detailing that no one is going to see.)

dosei
02-02-2012, 10:00

Fail.

Agreed. It does not even show just how well the mouth of the holsters does (or does not) stay open after the gun is drawn.

It is nothing but a cheap promo video.

Chuck54
02-02-2012, 11:55
silent thunder fusion !

mike1956
02-02-2012, 14:28
Agreed. It does not even show just how well the mouth of the holsters does (or does not) stay open after the gun is drawn.

It is nothing but a cheap promo video.

Actually, it is absolutely free endorsement video, made with Live Moviemaker. As for showing how well the holster stays open (very well, btw) after the gun is drawn, that would be a very tough photo. After all, it is a concealment holster which cannot be seen during normal use.

mike1956
02-02-2012, 14:30
My only complain: extremely tight when first got them. Had to perform break in.
That is why all his holsters come with break-in instructions.

mike1956
02-02-2012, 14:33
Sand, dust, moisture and grit collect on the bottom and then the muzzle of your pistol just sits in it.
This is a concealed carry holster, not a crawl-in-the-mud tactical.

mike1956
02-02-2012, 14:36

Fail.
It was either this, or a ten-minute tug-and-twirl with me talking in a monotone.

cloudbuster
02-02-2012, 16:47
This is a concealed carry holster, not a crawl-in-the-mud tactical.

Actually, since I do sometimes crawl around in the mud or brush when carrying, I use a closed-bottom holster for that -- a Wilderness Safepacker. They're really just a rectangular flap holster. You have to periodically make sure there's nothing collecting down in it, but it's hard for stuff to get inside it in the first place, and it fully protects my Glock or my Ruger from all the mud, thorns and dirt I'm into, short of a full submersion. It was originally developed as a protective holster for rangers and backwoods rescue workers, I believe.

But, a Safepacker is pretty easy to open up and clean, I bet the tip of a closed, fitted holster would be more difficult.

Alpine
02-02-2012, 21:00
I quit watching when the Obama ad came up.

mike1956
02-03-2012, 07:07
I quit watching when the Obama ad came up.
I'm not sure why the ads began popping up as soon as the video was posted. The price of a "free" venue, I guess.

dosei
02-03-2012, 07:46
I'm not sure why the ads began popping up as soon as the video was posted. The price of a "free" venue, I guess.

If your videos are getting a good number of views, YouTube automatically offers you the option to allow adds to run on your videos in return for a small amount of revenue (money). Most take the money.

dosei
02-03-2012, 07:54
Actually, it is absolutely free endorsement video, made with Live Moviemaker. As for showing how well the holster stays open (very well, btw) after the gun is drawn, that would be a very tough photo. After all, it is a concealment holster which cannot be seen during normal use.

There is this new-fangled device out called a Video Camera. It takes what some have dubbed "moving pictures"! Amazing! With this newly developed ground-breaking technology, it is possible to see a "moving picture" of the gun being pulled out of the holster while it is being worn on the waist...thus showing if the holster mouth closes any at all as the gun is removed from it.

cloudbuster
02-03-2012, 08:00
There is this new-fangled device out called a Video Camera. It takes what some have dubbed "moving pictures"! Amazing! With this newly developed ground-breaking technology, it is possible to see a "moving picture" of the gun being pulled out of the holster while it is being worn on the waist...thus showing if the holster mouth closes any at all as the gun is removed from it.

You crazy kids with your new-fangled inventions. I can't understand a thing you're saying! Get off my lawn!

gunslinger3
02-03-2012, 09:15
You crazy kids with your new-fangled inventions. I can't understand a thing you're saying! Get off my lawn!

:rofl::rofl:

Saberman
02-03-2012, 09:28
I own many handguns and many holsters. I also am a gear nut and love to buy gear online. That being said Gary Brommeland is singularly the worst person I have ever delt with online, period. He is a NIGHTMARE. He lied to me so many times over the holster I ordered from him I finally had to cancel the order. And he wouldn't return my money, I had to call my credit card company. Buyer Beware............. I still think he makes a nice holster. But he is aweful as a business man......

MoneyMaker
02-03-2012, 09:41
i own many handguns and many holsters. I also am a gear nut and love to buy gear online. That being said gary brommeland is singularly the worst person i have ever delt with online, period. He is a nightmare. He lied to me so many times over the holster i ordered from him i finally had to cancel the order. And he wouldn't return my money, i had to call my credit card company. Buyer beware............. I still think he makes a nice holster. But he is aweful as a business man......

= + 1

mike1956
02-04-2012, 05:19
If your videos are getting a good number of views, YouTube automatically offers you the option to allow adds to run on your videos in return for a small amount of revenue (money). Most take the money.
True, but I received no offer and am taking no money. I have several Youtube projects, none monetized, and they have all been getting ads placed on the videos lately.

mike1956
02-04-2012, 05:21
I own many handguns and many holsters. I also am a gear nut and love to buy gear online. That being said Gary Brommeland is singularly the worst person I have ever delt with online, period. He is a NIGHTMARE. He lied to me so many times over the holster I ordered from him I finally had to cancel the order. And he wouldn't return my money, I had to call my credit card company. Buyer Beware............. I still think he makes a nice holster. But he is aweful as a business man......
I have had many dealings with him, and while he isn't the fastest guy out there, I have never had any problems. He has made a bunch of holsters for me over the past few years, and they have all been excellent.

marcus40
02-04-2012, 13:48
Actually, since I do sometimes crawl around in the mud or brush when carrying, I use a closed-bottom holster for that -- a Wilderness Safepacker. They're really just a rectangular flap holster. You have to periodically make sure there's nothing collecting down in it, but it's hard for stuff to get inside it in the first place, and it fully protects my Glock or my Ruger from all the mud, thorns and dirt I'm into, short of a full submersion. It was originally developed as a protective holster for rangers and backwoods rescue workers, I believe.

But, a Safepacker is pretty easy to open up and clean, I bet the tip of a closed, fitted holster would be more difficult.

I have used the Wilderness Safepacker for 3 years to carry my Glock 36 for concealed carry, actually looking at it you would think it is a CD Player holder, I have worn it in lots of stores and I have never had anyway question what was in it.
I just recently ordered one for my Glock 26.
You can wear it year round and no one knows what is inside of it. They come in various colors, I have always used the standard black.
Marcus

lethal tupperwa
02-04-2012, 14:43
mike how many YEARS of experience do YOU have?

How many other holsters have you used?

pens-66
02-07-2012, 05:47

How long ago was this?? I have delt with Gary an his wife atleast 4 times over the past few years. I can tell you that he has been one of the best guys I have ever delt with. All holsters were delivered exactly when he said they would. I never had to wait more than a few weeks to get one. One holster I had was about a week late,he called and apologized and upgradeD my holster to a presentation grade at no charge. I wouldn't hesitate on doing business with him.