Winchester Ranger Bonded [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Ranger Bonded

boone10
02-03-2012, 09:22
Sorry for the question--I know it's been covered, but I have severe CRS. Some days I have CHS at the range.:supergrin:

Is the Winchester Ranger Bonded the PDX1 bullet? Also (and it doesn't really matter to me because it shoots reliably and POA in my G19 AND fits my purposes perfectly) is this the round that the FBI currently uses?

thanks

Quarter Tank
02-03-2012, 10:26
although Winchester hasnt said it, I dont think. PDX1 is the same as Ranger Bonded. just packaged more for the retail side as opposed to the Ranger Bonded LE.

I like PDX1 as well, but prefer the tried and tru Ranger Talons (non-bonded)

KARTMAN90
02-03-2012, 13:55
I carry them. Here's one I shot in water jugs

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

hotpig
02-03-2012, 16:53
Sorry for the question--I know it's been covered, but I have severe CRS. Some days I have CHS at the range.:supergrin:

Is the Winchester Ranger Bonded the PDX1 bullet? Also (and it doesn't really matter to me because it shoots reliably and POA in my G19 AND fits my purposes perfectly) is this the round that the FBI currently uses?

thanksThe original Ranger Bonded looks like a standard hp. The current production 9mm still uses that bullet. Eventually it will dry up and switch to the PDX1 bullet that the other calibers use.

The load made for the DOJ contract for 9mm uses the PDX1 bullet.