Comp-tac "Infidel" Clip Options? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Comp-tac "Infidel" Clip Options?

The Retired Sarge
02-03-2012, 16:05
In general, I like Comp-tac gear very much. Love my IWB Infidel holster but hate its standard clips as they always slip off my gun belt (double thickness horse hide). I tried their leather belt loops and returned them: very thick leather and they no longer use directional snaps. I don't favor multiple wings & clips either.

Has any one used the Infidel Shirt Tucker Clip? That one might work as it is the same large clip similar to the ones used on the 2:00 holster and their mag carriers. I don't intend to tuck in a shirt but do want a solid clip I don't have to constantly check to see if it is still in place. Your advice is very much appreciated. Bill

turbostar66
02-03-2012, 16:20
In general, I like Comp-tac gear very much. Love my IWB Infidel holster but hate its standard clips as they always slip off my gun belt (double thickness horse hide). I tried their leather belt loops and returned them: very thick leather and they no longer use directional snaps. I don't favor multiple wings & clips either.

Has any one used the Infidel Shirt Tucker Clip? That one might work as it is the same large clip similar to the ones used on the 2:00 holster and their mag carriers. I don't intend to tuck in a shirt but do want a solid clip I don't have to constantly check to see if it is still in place. Your advice is very much appreciated. Bill

I use a Comp-Tac Infidel for my G30 and I use the leather straps. It had the 1" belt clip on it when I got it (it was used), so I ordered the 1.5" belt clip to fit my belt.

I just wasn't satisfied with how secure it felt on my belt with such a heavy pistol and now I don't use it.

The leather straps fixed the issue and work great for me. I don't feel they are that thick, maybe 1/8"? And I'm not sure what you meant by directional snaps but they work for me like they are supposed to.

The Retired Sarge
02-03-2012, 16:30
Thanks turbostar66, I might revisit those leather belt loops. Directional snaps, also called "pull the dot snaps" are usually used on holsters. They will only unsnap in one direction and make for a much more secure attachment on the belt. Comp-tac used to use directional snaps until recently. Bill

turbostar66
02-05-2012, 11:22
Thanks turbostar66, I might revisit those leather belt loops. Directional snaps, also called "pull the dot snaps" are usually used on holsters. They will only unsnap in one direction and make for a much more secure attachment on the belt. Comp-tac used to use directional snaps until recently. Bill

Glad I could help with some feedback. If you'd like me to take photos or anything, just let me know.

Those directional snaps sound neat. I wonder why they stopped using them? Probably cost related.

I really, really wanted to be able to use the simple clip but I just don't like the way it secures on the belt. I have a Galco Triton with a belt clip for my G19 and I actually use that clip. It just feels more rigid and tight than the Comp-Tac clip.

jimw
02-11-2012, 10:43
How low (or high) does the infidel ride?

I'm looking for something like this BUT everything I've seen so far puts the firearm up too high for my build. I need something that puts the entire trigger below the belt line and just leaves the very back of the grip up above the belt.

The Retired Sarge
02-11-2012, 12:56
jimw,

The Infidel rides relatively low and the trigger is certainly below the belt. If the pistol sits too low you can't get a proper combat grip when you need to draw the pistol in a hurry. The Infidel sits just high enough to get that proper grip and no more. I really like that holster and to me it is very comfortable to wear. I am just exploring some different mounting options. Bill

jimw
02-12-2012, 07:41
Thanks Retired Sarge!

nosuchagency
03-05-2012, 13:52
sarge, following up on whether you ever made decision on the shirt tucker strut? I'm considering an infidel for a med-framed sig and am looking for any feedback on that particular mount as well. thx