My mother has finally seen the light! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My mother has finally seen the light!

KiloBravo
02-03-2012, 16:18
Thank the good Lord she finally realizes she is responsible for her own safety, without anybody getting hurt.

She came out to her husband's truck that she drove to her new job today, and the bed cover was lifted up and stuff thrown all around, like somebody was looking for something to steal. Thank God the truck was locked, and the parking lot is monitored by video cameras. She was unsure if anything was missing, but I told her she needs to file a police report ASAP.

She will be buying the first gun of her own in the coming weeks, and applying/getting her permit at the same time. We have looked at guns in the past, and she really took a liking to the S&W Bodyguard 380. That is what she is comfortable with, so I told her that is what she should buy.

This is a long time coming. I have been trying to show her for years that you need to be self reliant when it comes to the scum of society. I am just happy she is taking the first step forward. She already has talked about taking some classes with an awesome instructor/retired LEO that we know. She wants to focus on weapons retention and improve her basic skills, although she is a great shot at the moment anyway!

Stay alert out there!

DannyII
02-03-2012, 16:24
Congrats to her! And also to you for not pushing her into a gun/caliber she's not comfortable with.

Everyone should be this responsible for their own safety.

As they say, "When seconds count, the police are minutes away."

Breadman03
02-03-2012, 17:19
That is a good way to learn. Hopefully, you have access to a .22 pistol so she can focus on the fundamentals. I know that helped my sister in law.

KiloBravo
02-03-2012, 17:26
Thanks guys! I do own a Walther P22 she will be able to use. She does great with my G23, but. I agree that a 22 is the way to go for cheaper Target practice and learning the basics.

ithaca_deerslayer
02-03-2012, 21:03
Thanks guys! I do own a Walther P22 she will be able to use. She does great with my G23, but. I agree that a 22 is the way to go for cheaper Target practice and learning the basics.

Congrats, and yes that P22 should be the start.

My LCP. 380 is snappy. Doesn't bother me much, but my wife says it hurts to shoot it. And she likes shooting her 637, so she's not a wimp. But a .380 can be nasty, small, light , thin grip, fast impulse, something.

I don't know if the Bodyguard will be the same way, just be prepared for that. She may need to work up to it. And may need to keep it in perspective that it is a carry gun she shoots some, but that there are lower recoiling available guns to use for most of the range time.

xmanhockey7
02-03-2012, 22:48
Congrats, and yes that P22 should be the start.

My LCP. 380 is snappy. Doesn't bother me much, but my wife says it hurts to shoot it. And she likes shooting her 637, so she's not a wimp. But a .380 can be nasty, small, light , thin grip, fast impulse, something.

I don't know if the Bodyguard will be the same way, just be prepared for that. She may need to work up to it. And my need to keep it in perspective of a carry gun she shoots some, but can also enjoy lower recoiling guns for most of the range time.

I have not shot the Bodyguard but I have shot the Ruger LCP and Sig 238. I must say if you need a 380 with very little recoil the 238 def is that.