Another 9mm Gold Dot 124+P (one shot, one stop) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another 9mm Gold Dot 124+P (one shot, one stop)

Brooklyn123456
02-03-2012, 17:00
The incident began around 3 p.m. Thursday when a six-officer street narcotics team observed Graham and two cohorts make a drug deal at a bodega on East 228th Street.

Some members of the team radioed that they believed Graham was carrying a gun – and later radioed that they saw the butt of a gun in his waistband, Kelly said.

Graham ran with the others into a building at 728 East 229th Street. Then, when he came out, a witness said she heard two cops say “Stop! Police!”

Graham then ran into 749 East 229th St., where he lived with his family in a second floor apartment.

As three of the cops burst into that apartment, they saw Graham run from a bedroom to a bathroom.

According to Kelly’s account, as Graham tried to flush drugs down the toilet, one of the officers yelled: “Show me your hands! Show me your hands! Gun! Gun!”

That officer then fired at Graham with his service weapon, a 9mm Glock. The bullet struck Graham in the left clavicle. He was declared dead later at Montefiore Hospital.

RustyShackelford
02-03-2012, 20:49
Dying in a bathroom is no way to go through life, son.

/well, fatally-injured anyway

packinaglock
02-04-2012, 05:40
Hopefully his mellon ended up in the toilet.

unit1069
02-04-2012, 10:59
How do you know the bullet was a 124-grain Gold Dot +P?

... a six-officer street narcotics team ...

geo57
02-04-2012, 11:01
The incident began around 3 p.m. Thursday when a six-officer street narcotics team observed Graham and two cohorts make a drug deal at a bodega on East 228th Street.

Some members of the team radioed that they believed Graham was carrying a gun – and later radioed that they saw the butt of a gun in his waistband, Kelly said.

Graham ran with the others into a building at 728 East 229th Street. Then, when he came out, a witness said she heard two cops say “Stop! Police!”

Graham then ran into 749 East 229th St., where he lived with his family in a second floor apartment.

As three of the cops burst into that apartment, they saw Graham run from a bedroom to a bathroom.

According to Kelly’s account, as Graham tried to flush drugs down the toilet, one of the officers yelled: “Show me your hands! Show me your hands! Gun! Gun!”

That officer then fired at Graham with his service weapon, a 9mm Glock. The bullet struck Graham in the left clavicle. He was declared dead later at Montefiore Hospital.

He died from being shot in his collar bone ???

DonGlock26
02-04-2012, 14:47

It tickled his innards?

He thought it was a .45?

_

cowboy1964
02-04-2012, 14:56
How do you know the bullet was a 124-grain Gold Dot +P?

That's the standard load for NYPD. If it were another department it could be something else.

cowboy1964
02-04-2012, 14:58

Probably hit an artery? Or deflected into his heart?

unit1069
02-04-2012, 18:18
That's the standard load for NYPD. If it were another department it could be something else.

I know the Speer 124-grain Gold Dot +P is the issue ammo for uniformed officers but is it the same issue ammo for undercover NYPD or do those officers have some discretion in weapons/ammo?

chugokujin
02-05-2012, 02:34
As the details read, it was a street narcotics unit, so it would be the official duty load that was used. These are the units going around observing hand to hands not the ones undercovers using a different alias. But, you are correct. U/C's have some discretion in the "funny guns" they are allowed to have. Since perps know what the police carry, it makes since to have U/C's carry guns that would be more likely found being carried in the street by the typical hood.

unit1069
02-05-2012, 09:48
As the details read, it was a street narcotics unit, so it would be the official duty load that was used.

Thanks, that's what I was wondering.