3.5 lb connector [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 lb connector

Currahee88
02-04-2012, 21:47
Hey everyone I just got my concealed carry permit a couple weeks ago. and I just got my first glock 19 a few days ago and I love it! however I am not a green horn to shooting. And I've already been researching upgrades. My main question is that when a 3.5 lb connector is bought to question on a carry gun why do people start to bring up the worst possible outcome that you're going to be standing in front of a judge explaining why your gun fell out of the holster and causing the gun to discharge and striking a lady with a walker?

I am over exaggerating the thread.

BIGGUNS911
02-04-2012, 21:56
I just went down this road the other day. The following links will help you one your road. After looking them over you will have to make the decision as to what you feel safe with. Good luck, lots of reading. Big,:supergrin:

Case law or news reports on none stock Glocks causing problem for LEO

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1396607

CCW with a 3.5lbs connector a legal liability?

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1259716

Currahee88
02-04-2012, 21:58
Thank you for the links! really appreciate it!

cowboy1964
02-04-2012, 22:13
I don't understand this fascination with a light trigger for a carry gun. If one needs a light trigger to shoot better then one needs to practice more. Liability issues aside.

TMNKWD
02-04-2012, 22:15
Personal experience, the only double shot I ever had was with a "polished" 3.5 connector, which I subsequently removed and went all stock for my carry. 7500 rounds a year and I can hit what I want - if they are paper and standing still whilst I shoot them.

Double shoot the bad guy, no problem. Shoot the bad guy and the next door neighbor, that might be an issue.

Go stock.

Currahee88
02-04-2012, 22:18
TMNKWD I love your profile picture of homer with a gun! w00t!

TMNKWD
02-04-2012, 22:25
It’s the episode where Homer gets a gun. Every time I go to the range I think of that episode. There's a scene where all the normal players are at the range and it escalates from someone with like a .25 and up to Skinner’s mom with a Bazooka.

“Marge, close your eyes and look what I bought.”

http://www.spaciousplanet.com/images/world/homer-simpson-gun12806234580556.jpeg

Currahee88
02-04-2012, 22:50
my wife is obsessed with the simpsons. she owns the first 10 seasons of the simpsons.

Pop Smoke
02-05-2012, 01:29
I see it this way. If I'm using justifiable force, the means of that force is UNQUESTIONABLE.

If I am only able to use an ax handle that just happens to have been modified in some manner am I also going to face a lawsuit for using a modified tool?

What if I have to defend myself with a pair of scissors that I've had to modify to smooth out how they cut?

I can do this all day folks. If I were a defense attorney I'd make the prosecution and the jury sick of hearing this kind of garbage while making the prosecution and/or a plaintiff look extremely bad. I'm the kind of jerk that asks the prosecutor or plaintiff if they own a single item in their home that has been used outside the manufacturer's instructions or modified in ANY way. Answer yes and it just opens the door for the filing of malicious prosecution and an immediate counter suit on a plaintiff. If they answer no, I'll find a way to get them to commit perjury.

Something as simple as not using the cable suggested by the manufacturer to connect your TV will make that happen. On the modification all I would need is a cabinet handle change, sanding of drawers to smooth their operation, or putting felt sliders on your furniture to protect your hardwood floors. Again, I can do this all day and stretch it so far it will make your head spin. Those are ridiculous examples for a reason.

H&K 4 LIFE
02-05-2012, 07:05
I don't understand this fascination with a light trigger for a carry gun. If one needs a light trigger to shoot better then one needs to practice more. Liability issues aside.

I agree.

davsco
02-05-2012, 07:43
i don't think anyone disagrees that you need to be accurate and hit your target (and not miss and hit an unintended target). glocks definitely don't come with the best triggers. even a crappy stock 1911 trigger is better (smoother and lighter). i have 3.5's in all my glocks and they don't create 'hair' triggers by any stretch of the imagination, and i'm much more accurate with them.

Spiffums
02-05-2012, 08:37
For the umpteenth time...... the Glock 3.5 connector is really a 4.5 and how many Ultimate Carry/Tactical 1911s come with a 4.5 pound trigger?

Besides it's a stock part and and I carry an old 34 with the connector so I don't have to worry about the whole "changed out parts" since both my 34 and 35 came stock with them.

LiebeGlock
02-05-2012, 08:53
i don't think anyone disagrees that you need to be accurate and hit your target (and not miss and hit an unintended target). glocks definitely don't come with the best triggers. even a crappy stock 1911 trigger is better (smoother and lighter). i have 3.5's in all my glocks and they don't create 'hair' triggers by any stretch of the imagination, and i'm much more accurate with them.

Agree! I have 3.5 in my glock. It's a nice trigger pull, but not that light of a trigger. :upeyes: