UGHHHH Dilemma [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : UGHHHH Dilemma

Fwdftw
02-04-2012, 23:27
So i want this...14.5 inch barrel with Troy TRX 13inch rail
http://www.shootingusa.com/TV_SCHEDULE/SHOW_29-09/26SmithWessonMP15TSL.jpg

Except a bc 1.5 pinned on the end and a lightweight barrel.. what is the cheapest and most convenient way to do this?:wavey:

Fwdftw
02-05-2012, 13:15
Guess my question really is can I buy a lower build this upper and have the battle comp pinned and welded after the fact ?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

m2hmghb
02-05-2012, 13:18
Guess my question really is can I buy a lower build this upper and have the battle comp pinned and welded after the fact ?

No. You have to have someone build the upper with the comp pinned and welded, or just buy the barrel with it already done. You cannot possess a 14.5 inch barrel without the tax stamp, even to pin and weld a comp on it. Just ordering it you have to go through the paperwork for an SBR unless it goes to a shop.

boomhower
02-05-2012, 13:19
Give adco a call and let them price the upper for you. Be careful having the upper and lower before its pinned. Even if not assembled constructive possession is painful

Fwdftw
02-05-2012, 13:31
I'm wanting a psa lightweight midlength upper ..to those specs with the 13inch trx and bc 1.5 .. if its gonna be a huge old deal ill just go 16inch

BBJones
02-05-2012, 19:52
No. You have to have someone build the upper with the comp pinned and welded, or just buy the barrel with it already done. You cannot possess a 14.5 inch barrel without the tax stamp, even to pin and weld a comp on it. Just ordering it you have to go through the paperwork for an SBR unless it goes to a shop.

Just a barrel with it pinned already? How would he mount it the rail, gas block and barrel to an upper?

No you do not have to do paper work to order a barrel shorter than 16". Where are you coming up with this stuff?

OP - you can order all the parts and have them sent to whoever is going to do the work for you, if you are that worried about it (assuming FFL).

Mayhem like Me
02-06-2012, 09:24
Here is the REAL answer.

Do not have a lower receiver at your home or in your possesion

Buy the barrel and the upper, I just built one of these.

Get a Lo Pro gas block and tube.

Insert upper into action block clamp, insert barrel. use the TROY barrel nut supplied , put anti seize on the upper threads.

tighten the nut and losen three times and on the final line up the gas tube valley and get between 30-60lbs of torque.

Place gas tube into lo pro gas block , afix on barrel and use the set screws provided.

take upper to gunsmith with flash hider and have him Blind pin and weld the flashider on.

MAKE SURE THE BARREL IS AT LEAST 16 INCHES LONG....

I measure by putting in my bolt and carrier and running a cleaning rod down till it hits the bolt, mark the rod, pull out and measure.. go for 16.1 inches....
On your way home pick up your lower.

you can now asssemble the rail sections where you want and place the rail on the weapon.

Afix upper and lower and viola no laws were broken...
I use a larue scope mount to bridge the gap between upper and rail while tightening so the rail is perfectly lined up.

surf
02-06-2012, 13:17
What are you estimating your budget to be?

Fwdftw
02-06-2012, 14:39
Surf about 1300 total with out optics ill send u my parts list