High ride OWB holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : High ride OWB holster

xmanhockey7
02-04-2012, 23:41
I'm looking to get a high ride leather OWB holster that holds close to my body. I'd prefer that it has a thumb break. It is for concealed carry if I want to carry OWB but don't want to open carry.

BailRecoveryAgent
02-05-2012, 01:04
http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=42

HKLovingIT
02-05-2012, 01:15
I'm looking to get a high ride leather OWB holster that holds close to my body. I'd prefer that it has a thumb break. It is for concealed carry if I want to carry OWB but don't want to open carry.

I like the Galco Fletch. Very, comfortable. Off the shelf ready to order without wait. I have more than one. I too appreciate a thumb break.

Best feature to me is that the rear of the holster that sits against your body is curved and flat, meaning it's not boned to fit the contour of the gun. This lets it sit even closer to you and increases all day comfort. To me, this is a can't go wrong option if you want OWB, High Ride, Thumb Break.

larson1122
02-05-2012, 02:42
Not sure if you are interested in a paddle style holster but I just ordered one of these. Not a bad holster for under $50
http://www.gouldusa.com/products/showModel.php?id_main=19&line=gold

Bill Lumberg
02-05-2012, 05:52
Galco fletch.

huggytree
02-05-2012, 10:21
i have a black widow for my G27...its great...much more comfortable than a IWB and it rides high w/ thumb break

it will print a bit more than a IWB, but not much

geoemery
02-05-2012, 13:37
I like the 3-slot pancake. I find it keeps it a little higher than the paddle holster. Currently I'm using a Blackhawk.

FLSlim
02-05-2012, 14:25
Hume 721. I have one and prefer the open top (it holds the weapon very tightly), but as you specified it rides high and tight. They can be had at a very reasonable price for a leather holster. Mine is for a G30 and it does a great job for a fairly heavy weapon.

Turk
02-05-2012, 23:14
I like the Galco Fletch. Very, comfortable. Off the shelf ready to order without wait. I have more than one. I too appreciate a thumb break.

Best feature to me is that the rear of the holster that sits against your body is curved and flat, meaning it's not boned to fit the contour of the gun. This lets it sit even closer to you and increases all day comfort. To me, this is a can't go wrong option if you want OWB, High Ride, Thumb Break.

Me too, what he said!