Glock 17 OWB recommendations [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 OWB recommendations

ballr4lyf
02-05-2012, 10:43
I'm pretty certain on what I'll be using for IWB carry, but I need some help trying to pick a holster for OWB carry. It's for a G17, so it'll have to ride high and close. I prefer kydex, but i have nothing against leather. I was looking at the settable cant holster from comp tac (I like the idea of being able to switch between belt and paddle configurations), but I'm not sure how close it rides, or if it would be legal for IDPA. Any suggestions?

ssharber
02-06-2012, 13:02
Having tried almost every paddle holster made and finding them comfortable yet far from concealable, I finally found one that actually does a tremendous job of riding close, high, and comfortable. It also comes with both configurations of belt and paddle attachments. The Blackhawk CQC SERPA is a wonderful holster and since buying it I have yet to go back to wearing my most comfortable IWB holster from Don Hume, or my very comfortable Don Hume First Agent OWB. I have the older version which has the covered slots and it pulls the gun extremely close to my body.

Zeroskillet
02-06-2012, 13:41
If I was able to open carry I'd def go for something like a SERPA CQC. Great retention(level 2) and quality stuff.

I like the raven modular kydex systems, especially with how close they bring the weapon to your side; but when OWB carrying in a civilian pou I want something with some sort of lock/retention

Lior
02-06-2012, 22:07
Safariland 6378 was my favorite OWB for the G17. Kind on the finish, paddle convenience, retentive and very fast presentation were its main merits. Concealment required a large cover garment though.

ilmonster
02-07-2012, 13:01
I have a Glock Combat Holster for my G19, and it is shockingly good. It costs next to nothing (ok, like $15), rides very close to the body and holds my G19 high for easier concealment. When folks recommended it at first, I thought "how good can a $15 holster be?", but it really works. And it's ambidextrous.

EAJuggalo
02-07-2012, 17:33
Bianchi either the CarryLok or PaddleLok depending on whether you want belt or paddle. Holds incredibly close to the body and is a level two retention as well.

EDCholsters
02-08-2012, 00:07
Check out the link in my sig, id be glad to help.
You cant go wrong with a good modular kydex rig!