Ar 15 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ar 15

fendertele87
02-06-2012, 08:43
Shot my first AR that a buddy of mine built. Let's just say I had a lot of fun and now I'm hooked. I've got to get one!

EL COLONEL
02-06-2012, 11:48
Colt 6920...... :whistling:

JaPes
02-06-2012, 12:36
Build one yourself & have even more fun. Assembling a lower is easy-peasy.

Rumbler_G20
02-06-2012, 12:40
For about the same price you can have a real rifle.

. . . just sayin. :innocent:

Line Rider
02-06-2012, 12:51
Colt or LMT either way you're getting top of the line.

WoodenPlank
02-06-2012, 12:55
GT has a "Black Rifle Forum" dedicated to AR15's, ya' know... pretty easy to find it, too.

Nakanokalronin
02-06-2012, 13:17
I'd say build one from the ground up. You can buy kits from places like Model 1 sales or go out and buy a piece at a time. I bought 2 C.A.R. kits from M1S and have had perfect results from both.

Eventually you'll want to get into the "retro" looking rifles and then maybe even pistols. Your about to enter a world where options are mind boggling, just try to keep it as simple as possible and get what you think works best. My only solid suggestion is to stock up on P-Mags, everything else is up to you.

fendertele87
02-06-2012, 16:47
I'd say build one from the ground up. You can buy kits from place like Model 1 sales or go out and buy a piece at a time. I bought 2 C.A.R. kits from M1S and have had perfect results from both.

Eventually you'll want to get into the "retro" looking rifles and then maybe even pistols. Your about to enter in a world where options are mind boggling, just try to keep it as simple as possible and get what you think works best. My only solid suggestiong is to stock up on P-Mags, everything else is up to you.

I'm already a pistol shooter.. Well, I've been shooting for a year now but am now getting into rifles. I think I will most definitely dons build when I'm ready to get one.

maxpower220
02-06-2012, 16:54
If you are "getting into rifles", you should buy a Ruger 10/22 or M&P15-22. Something you can afford to shoot often.

Nakanokalronin
02-06-2012, 17:19
I'm already a pistol shooter.. Well, I've been shooting for a year now but am now getting into rifles. I think I will most definitely dons build when I'm ready to get one.

Well I meant AR pistols. :supergrin:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg263/scaled.php?server=263&filename=arpistol.jpg&res=medium

Ruggles
02-06-2012, 17:24
GT has a "Black Rifle Forum" dedicated to AR15's, ya' know... pretty easy to find it, too.

Yeah and some of the folks over there are so darn nice, nothing but campfires and sing alongs in that forum :rofl:

Honestly it is a good sub forum for info but it can get pretty shall we say augmentative and opinionated at times, even more so than the rest of Glocktalk which is saying something :supergrin:

No you want real ugly.......go to the Political forum :pjmn: