Police: Man accidentally shoots self at Georgia gun show [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Police: Man accidentally shoots self at Georgia gun show

RussP
02-06-2012, 15:40
Well, actually, he shot himself in the parking lot at the show, not inside the show.

Police say he was reloading the pistol in the parking lot because loaded guns weren't allowed inside the gun show. (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/06/police-man-accidentally-shoots-self-at-georgia-gun-show/?test=latestnews)

eracer
02-06-2012, 15:44
I load my gun at the range sometimes. Haven't shot myself yet.

Fiery Red XIII
02-06-2012, 15:50
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/LewStool/SonIamDerp.jpg

Red

Keoking
02-06-2012, 15:50
If this happened to me, I would be too proud to call 911 or ask for help. I would rather bleed out in the car than face the shame.

Able 5
02-06-2012, 16:17
Well, now that he has two maybe he will not shoot himself in the other leg....
However, some only learn thru pain and repetition. Here's your sign

vetmedglock30
02-06-2012, 16:18
One more reason not to go to a gun show.

steveksux
02-06-2012, 20:02
Maybe he was testing a new self-defense ammo. Ballistic gelatin really does a poor job.

Randy

jdavionic
02-06-2012, 20:08
Maybe he was testing a new self-defense ammo. Ballistic gelatin really does a poor job.

Randy

Good point. Perhaps if the liberal reporter had asked the right questions, we'd know the details that we care about. "Charles, did the bullet expand and stop in your leg or did it fail to properly expand and pass through your leg?"

TBO
02-06-2012, 20:40
Sounds like he purchased the gun the day before at the show, returned, bought another one, went back to his car and reloaded gun #1, shooting himself.

Does GA have any training requirement to get your Carry Permit?

jdavionic
02-06-2012, 21:01
Does GA have any training requirement to get your Carry Permit?

I don't believe there are stats to suggest that those that do have a lower rate of accidents.

steveksux
02-07-2012, 00:43
Good point. Perhaps if the liberal reporter had asked the right questions, we'd know the details that we care about. "Charles, did the bullet expand and stop in your leg or did it fail to properly expand and pass through your leg?"I often think we're too quick to label these people idiots, he might have had a plan... :whistling:

Randy

steveksux
02-07-2012, 00:44
Sounds like he purchased the gun the day before at the show, returned, bought another one, went back to his car and reloaded gun #1, shooting himself.

Does GA have any training requirement to get your Carry Permit?I'm not sure he needs more training. After all, he did hit his leg with the first shot, kind of makes cops typical 20% hit rate look kind of bad... :tongueout: :rofl:

Randy

JuneyBooney
02-07-2012, 00:56
If this happened to me, I would be too proud to call 911 or ask for help. I would rather bleed out in the car than face the shame.

:faint:That is bad. I bet is was a Glock.:whistling: It is that dumb so called "safety" they have on the trigger..it gets them all the time.

mad.gunsmith
02-07-2012, 01:08
yes another gun fee zone

NEOH212
02-07-2012, 01:11
yes another gun fee zone

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing! :rofl:

NEOH212
02-07-2012, 01:12
Open carry would have prevented this.............:whistling:

Sorry, I had to! :rofl:

knoxrocks222
02-07-2012, 01:12
for all you hardcore OC supporters.......CC would have prevented this

MinnesnowtaWild
02-07-2012, 01:30
One more reason not to go to a gun show.

As if we needed any more. :rofl:

NEOH212
02-07-2012, 01:32
As if we needed any more. :rofl:

True that! :wavey:

Fiery Red XIII
02-07-2012, 01:54
for all you hardcore OC supporters.......CC would have prevented this

not necessarily, what if no guns signs carry legal weight in your state? What if the gunshow was at a location that carry is illegal for most?

Red

M1a65
02-07-2012, 02:22
I do like going to gun shows and saving a buck as well as prowling the tables in the open market atmosphere. Although you do miss out on all the EXPERT advice from the knowledgeable counter staff at the local gun shop! heh heh

jdavionic
02-07-2012, 04:33
I'm not sure he needs more training. After all, he did hit his leg with the first shot, kind of makes cops typical 20% hit rate look kind of bad... :tongueout: :rofl:

Randy

Actually he had training classes. If you look closely, you can see him sitting in the classroom being trained by a "professional".
DEA Agent Shoots Himself in the Foot - YouTube

jdavionic
02-07-2012, 04:36
I often think we're too quick to label these people idiots, he might have had a plan... :whistling:

Randy

Where did I say he was an idiot for having an accident? I made a joke regarding someone elses post.

Cletus
02-07-2012, 16:07
I don't understand how one does this? Just being lazy?

SGT_Calle
02-07-2012, 17:37
No training requirement in GA. Also, no loaded guns allowed in gun shows.
I've gathered, from my GeorgiaPacking friends, that he was reloading his pistol after exiting and experienced a negligent discharge.
EDIT: Also, my understanding is that it was with a 1911.

garebel
02-07-2012, 23:47
No training requirement in GA. Also, no loaded guns allowed in gun shows.I've gathered, from my GeorgiaPacking friends, that he was reloading his pistol after exiting and experienced a negligent discharge.

That was also the case when a thirteen year old boy was shot and killed by a dealer at the Eastmans show at North Atlanta Trade Center a few years ago.

My wife and I were standing about twenty yards away.

hamster
02-08-2012, 08:26
No training requirement in GA. Also, no loaded guns allowed in gun shows.
I've gathered, from my GeorgiaPacking friends, that he was reloading his pistol after exiting and experienced a negligent discharge.

It takes an especially dedicated class of idiot to shoot yourself with a 1911. Unless it went off due to being dropped, then he would have to have depressed the trigger and grip safety all while having the thumb safety disengaged and disregarding the muzzle direction. Basically this guy was violating all four rules at once!!

In regards to knowing your muzzle direction and what is beyond, admittedly that may be difficult for some folks to fathom. I don't think it should be that hard to keep from muzzling oneself though.

SCmasterblaster
02-08-2012, 13:48
My thoughts exactly, but then again this jerk would have AD'd himself at home.
:upeyes:

Open carry would have prevented this.............:whistling:

Sorry, I had to! :rofl:

Tommy Hanrahan
02-08-2012, 16:55
I'd feel a little better about this if he'd shot his tacticals off and was no longer able to breed and produce more of his ilk.

glock_collector
02-08-2012, 17:04
I heard thru a reliable source at Mr. donut that his strong hand was concealing a white icy strussel , causing a fth. (failure to holster)

Jake Starr
02-09-2012, 06:41
Israel Carry would have prevented this....:whistling:

pistolcompetitor
02-09-2012, 08:44
Keeping things out of the trigger guard would have prevented this. :whistling:

Seriously, though. I wish there were more details so one can really learn from this. Was he chambering a round? Was he holstering? Spinning the gun in his hand cowboy style? Hard to tell from what's been posted on the news sites.

RussP
02-09-2012, 08:58
Seriously, though. I wish there were more details so one can really learn from this. Was he chambering a round? Was he holstering? Spinning the gun in his hand cowboy style? Hard to tell from what's been posted on the news sites.True...

series1811
02-09-2012, 11:08
If people could just decide they would never do anything negligent, wouldn't be all just decide we would never have a car wreck ever again?

People are imperfect beings.