Dumb Dumb Bullets????? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Dumb Bullets?????

40 S+W
02-06-2012, 20:57
Mas,
With all of this talk about Buffalo Bores new Anti Personel 44 rounds what do you think about the performance of a stock 40 S&W FMJ FP bullet on a perp?? Most have a wide flat point for sure and has anyone geliten tested any of these bullets?? I would think in the cold weather JHP clog up would be an issue in some parts of the country giving us a FMJ FP anyhow?? I'm an old timer and remember back in the day about our old dumb dumb loads for the 38's!!!

Thanks in advance....

Mas Ayoob
02-07-2012, 19:58
Buffalo Bore makes accurate, consistent ammunition. Their 100 grain flat nose lead was the most accurate, for example, in a recent test I did of the reintroduced Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380 for one of the gun magazines.

That said, like so many recently introduced rounds, it is a promising concept as yet unproven on the street.

The old ammo didn't work as well as any of us wanted. That led to profound, sweeping changes in ammo design, drawing on lessons written in blood. We now have some pretty darn effective, field-proven rounds. I for one tend to stick with those.

I can't, ethically, suggest that anyone be a guinea pig to see if a promising idea works in practice or not.

best,
Mas