Gun group appeals Illinois concealed-carry ruling [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun group appeals Illinois concealed-carry ruling

RussP
02-07-2012, 08:58
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. A gun-rights group has appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court after a federal judge in Illinois ruled against allowing people to carry firearms on the street. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-concealedcarry-il,0,331342.story)

SAF is appealing the decision.

donsls6
02-07-2012, 10:38
I also live in Illinois and it is a pain in the butt to not be able to have a concealed carry law. Everyone I know still can't figure out why. Still waiting for one.

random southpaw
02-07-2012, 11:18
If the issue were the continuance of slavery (in those states where the 2nd Amendment is demonized and restricted) we would feel compelled to go to those states and actively promote the immediate overthrow and permanent rejection of such appalling, outrageous infringement of constitutionally guaranteed freedom.

I hope that it will not be much longer before we see all infringements upon the 2nd Amendment definitively struck down for good!

jb1911
02-07-2012, 11:38
I moved out of the People's Republic of Illinois and Crook County 10 years ago to Indiana and it was one of the best things I've ever done. As long as the state is run by fascist liberals they have no hope. Illinois is an embarrassment to the rest of the country in almost every way, not just second amendment issues.

RGbiker
02-07-2012, 11:52
She's an Obama appointee......:steamed:

HarleyGuy
02-07-2012, 14:08
I also live in Illinois and it is a pain in the butt to not be able to have a concealed carry law. Everyone I know still can't figure out why. Still waiting for one.

I know, I know!!!!!

It's how y'all vote......collectively.

Start voting a few of those ultra-libs out of office and you may see a change.

You can't buy a poodle and expect protection.:rofl:

donsls6
02-07-2012, 18:03
I know, I know!!!!!

It's how y'all vote......collectively.

Start voting a few of those ultra-libs out of office and you may see a change.

You can't buy a poodle and expect protection.:rofl:
If I voted the other way, I would have more problems to deal with other than my ability to carry my gun. You're right. It's how WE vote! And yeah. I'm a ultra-liberal and proud of it.

huggytree
02-07-2012, 18:15
Illinois is hopeless

your tax situation tells the rest of America how hopeless you are.

id be shocked if IL gets CCW anytime soon.....then again im still in shock we here in WI have it

KingWalleye
02-07-2012, 18:35
It is not being appealed to SCOTUS. It goes to the 7th District Court.

There is another case working its way through that could make this one meaningless. Or, it could turn even uglier.

xmanhockey7
02-07-2012, 18:56
IL had a majority who voted in favor of the concealed carry bill last year problem was because it created state preemption they needed 2/3 vote to get it passed and they fell a few shy. The problem is the Chicago politicians.

donsls6
02-07-2012, 19:06
IL had a majority who voted in favor of the concealed carry bill last year problem was because it created state preemption they needed 2/3 vote to get it passed and they fell a few shy. The problem is the Chicago politicians.
That's because those same politicians have either bodyguards or concealed carry themselves. Not happy with any of them. No shared sacrifice.

SouthernBoyVA
02-07-2012, 19:24

Look what lives in your state and what is sent to your state legislature and governor's mansion. It truly is sad that the good folks of Illinois are trapped in the abyss of lunacy created by those who believe they know better.

SouthernBoyVA
02-07-2012, 19:27
I moved out of the People's Republic of Illinois and Crook County 10 years ago to Indiana and it was one of the best things I've ever done. As long as the state is run by fascist liberals they have no hope. Illinois is an embarrassment to the rest of the country in almost every way, not just second amendment issues.

I heard a former Chicago police officer refer to Cook County as Crook County. He was talking about the corruption at all levels of government in the county. At the time I heard him say these things, he was a Fairfax County (VA) police officer.

ballr4lyf
02-07-2012, 19:37
If I voted the other way, I would have more problems to deal with other than my ability to carry my gun. You're right. It's how WE vote! And yeah. I'm a ultra-liberal and proud of it.

I don't mean this to be offensive, however: If you sleep with dogs, you will end up with fleas. Understand the consequences of your actions before you cast your ballot.

4TS&W
02-07-2012, 19:47

You are delusional.

donsls6
02-08-2012, 12:27
You are delusional.
I was thinking the same thing about you. The great thing about this country is no one person is superior to another. Time for your meds.

4TS&W
02-08-2012, 16:56
I was thinking the same thing about you. The great thing about this country is no one person is superior to another. Time for your meds.

Yeah genius, that's why Illinois is losing jobs, raising taxes, and it's population is fleeing to states not being run (down) by Democrat leadership from top to bottom.

I don't take meds, don't need em. I get enough shock therapy watching morons vote democrat all around me, while the state we live in deteriorates from corruption, and the bond ratings predict bankruptcy.

No one person is greater in the eyes of the law, but the results of political leadership sure as hell are better where liberal whack jobs aren't in control.

I stand by my first post, and I have Illinois record to back me up. What do you have?

MoneyMaker
02-08-2012, 17:00
sounds like you better watch Doomsday Preppers

4TS&W
02-08-2012, 18:03
sounds like you better watch Doomsday Preppers

No I don't... the do nothings here are politically connected enough still to just get bailed out by the rest of the taxpayers. That's what allows the genius in this thread to keep votin' (D)... they know they will never be held to account. :steamed:

cheapshot
02-08-2012, 19:00
I don't mean this to be offensive, however: If you sleep with dogs, you will end up with fleas. Understand the consequences of your actions before you cast your ballot.
The problem is that there aren't enough downstate voters to over ride the hundreds of thousands of dirtbags in the city of Chicago that depend on their "paychecks" as a way of life. The same reps that backpeddled on concealed carry last year are the same ones that are under Madigan's thumb. The so-called governor of the state only carried 3 counties in the last election. Yes, he lost in the other 99 counties. What does this tell you? There are LOTS of people downstate fighting for concealed carry, but it's a losing battle.

donsls6
02-08-2012, 21:30
Yeah genius, that's why Illinois is losing jobs, raising taxes, and it's population is fleeing to states not being run (down) by Democrat leadership from top to bottom.

I don't take meds, don't need em. I get enough shock therapy watching morons vote democrat all around me, while the state we live in deteriorates from corruption, and the bond ratings predict bankruptcy.

No one person is greater in the eyes of the law, but the results of political leadership sure as hell are better where liberal whack jobs aren't in control.

I stand by my first post, and I have Illinois record to back me up. What do you have?
Very simple solution. MOVE to where you don't have to worry about us democrats. Don't whine and cry about it. DO IT!

donsls6
02-08-2012, 21:33
No I don't... the do nothings here are politically connected enough still to just get bailed out by the rest of the taxpayers. That's what allows the genius in this thread to keep votin' (D)... they know they will never be held to account. :steamed:
You sound like those morons who sit at home and complain rather than doing something about it. If I truly lived somewhere and was miserable like you I wouldn't be on a computer whining. MOVE to a state where u will be "free" of us democrats.:tongueout:

4TS&W
02-08-2012, 22:25
Very simple solution. MOVE to where you don't have to worry about us democrats. Don't whine and cry about it. DO IT!

Free people started this country. It's the leeches that need to move out. You like liberalism so much, don't whine and cry about real American freedom, move to Cuba! DO IT! :cool:

(see what I did there?)

cangler
02-08-2012, 23:17

I can't begin to fathom this... :upeyes: ya sure you're not antiguns, think about it for a moment... guns are dangerous yada yada :whistling: