Ladies' favorite gun cleaner? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ladies' favorite gun cleaner?

Yellowfin
02-07-2012, 11:57
As mentioned elsewhere, I'm in the process of trying to figure out making gun cleaning more enjoyable for my wife. She's doing a lot more shooting these days than in years past and I'm getting a lot busier with work so I'm going to need to count on her to be able to pitch in on the gun chores every now and then. I'm also trying to get out shooting more too and that means I've gotta clean guns more too and with tight schedules that means either she'll need to be able to clean them or at very least tolerate me being around doing it while she's there. Problem is she HATES the smell of most gun cleaning stuff like Hoppes and CLP. Absolutely refuses to touch it. Obviously this won't do.

I'm looking at solving the problem possibly by switching to FrogLube because it smells minty and is nontoxic with no fumes. Do any of you ladies use it or something similar that is pleasant rather than only appealing to gearheads? Anyone else run into the problem I've encountered and resolve it successfully? Any help is much appreciated.

NEOH212
02-11-2012, 06:30
Simple green works really well and smells good!

I use Mil-Comm TW-25B lube on everything. It doesn't really have any smell and it's great stuff.

If your wife doesn't like touching the solvents/lubes, go to the auto parts store and buy a box of disposable gloves. Get the nitrile ones as they hold up better than latex.

:wavey:

tomasw1
02-11-2012, 06:39
Try weaponshield. Awesome stuff and it smells like cinnamon.

Mrs.Lefty13
02-20-2012, 17:26
Nothing smells as good as Hoppes#9 I put a little behind each ear. I hear it also is a great solvent/

Bren
02-20-2012, 17:47
Ladies' favorite gun cleaner?

"A husband" is the only answer I am aware of.

JimA
04-05-2012, 05:50
My wife hates the smell of Hoppes #9 too. I tried Hoppes Elite for a while because it doesn't smell, but I don't think it cleans as well. I have finally settled on Gunzilla. It cleans good and has no solvent odor.
She still is not cleaning the guns but at least she doesn't gripe about the smell:cool:

Mrs.Cicero
04-11-2012, 21:05
The smell of gun cleaning solvents makes me happy. If they didn't stink, they wouldn't keep the kids out of my hair while I'm cleaning the guns.

Mrs.Cicero

ZO6Vettever
04-14-2012, 13:08
Ladies' favorite gun cleaner?

"A husband" is the only answer I am aware of.

Same here buddy! I'm happy to clean her pistols and happy she is willing to carry them. She has learned to take em' down and clean em'. She is just happier to have me do it. She washes my tighty whitey's so I figure we're even! :supergrin:

lethal tupperwa
04-14-2012, 13:14
M-Pro 7.