Is G26 that much better for CC? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is G26 that much better for CC?

Rustin
02-07-2012, 12:27
Hello everybody I've got a concealed carry dilemma. I currently own a G19 and find it to be a wonderful versatile pistol. I've been carrying this thing for a while now but I've learned that when the situation calls for absolutely no printing the G19 does not work for me. Let me tell you right now that I am skinny as can be at 6', 145 lbs. I've tried various different concealed methods and always seem to print. I've been wondering how much easier the G26 would be to CC. I know the shorter grip would aid in concealment but I still don't think I could get away with deep concealment with this doublestack design. Should I simply get a j frame (much thinner grip) or would I be better served with a G26. I know I will get twice as many bullets with the G26 but I can't risk even minimal printing. To those who know, what say you?

Spartacus100
02-07-2012, 12:37
I carry a G26 daily (banks, church, restaurants etc) in an IWB holster at the 3:00 position and i dont know that it prints all that much. If it does then i have gotten so used to it that i dont give it much thought anymore. What it does is create a slight bulge on my right hip but to the average person, it wont be noticed. Besides, it could be a cell phone as far as they know.

As so many have said on this website and others, people just dont pay that much attention to anything but themselves it seems and much less to each other so something as slight as minor printing will go usually go unnoticed by pretty much everyone. May i ask why you say you cant risk even minimal printing?

And already having a G19 i can use its mag in the G26.

cowboy1964
02-07-2012, 12:42
A J-frame still has the thick cylinder to contend with.

A PM9/CM9 or something single stack and small sounds like it would be a better fit.

Adjuster
02-07-2012, 12:48
I am 6'1 215lbs. My G26 feels like a brick on my side or in my pocket. I am sure its because I'm not used to it but then again I don't want to get used to it. I am going to try the Ruger or Keltec pocket guns.

/

happyguy
02-07-2012, 12:52
If it's the butt of the gun that's printing then yes, the small difference in the size of the G26 will make a large difference.

If it's the width of the gun that's causing the problem then no, it won't make a difference.

The J-frame will hide about as easily as anything, they are great guns too.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

lyodbraun
02-07-2012, 12:58
I switched from always carrying my G23 to my G27 and I think the 27 is alot more comfortable and easier to hide, plus the little bit of weight difference makes a huge difference IMHO but with the right IWB holster just about any weapon will dissapear...

Breadman03
02-07-2012, 13:06
I don't have a 19 to compare, but I have an XD, which is probably close to the 17 in grip size/printing. My XD goes unnoticed unless I have to bend over. The 26 shows nothing except for a slight swelling on my hip. If you are near Hazleton, PA, you could try mine on for size.

Bruce M
02-07-2012, 13:09
For me the G26 is easier to conceal than is the G19, but I do not have a huge printing concern.

The Habit
02-07-2012, 13:38
My 27 conceals marginally better than my 23. However, I'm in an open carry state and if I print or lose concealment I'm not in violation of any laws. Most folks assume a bulge under your shirt means you are packing nothing more than a smartphone.

Lindenwood
02-07-2012, 13:52
I think you should try out different carry positions and orientations, as well as cover garments, before getting a new pistol.

I just traded my 17L for my G26, only so I could appendix carry while hunched kver on a bicycle. Otherwise my 17L was no less comfortable, and only moderately more difficult to conceal.

But you will have to either carry the tiniest of pistols, or adapt.to carrying, in order to get completely bulge/print-free.

pipedreams
02-07-2012, 14:10
You need to try different guns to see what fits you best. The G26 will still be just as thick but a shorter grip. I carry a G26 but at time I switch to my LC9 which is a single stack. The LC9 is thinner and still gives me more rounds than a J-frame without cylinder bulge. If you have a local gun shop where you can go and try all the different ones, I would suggest that.

Rustin
02-07-2012, 14:17
I understand that for the most part, average people don't go about staring at other people' waistlines. I to live in an open carry state and in general I am not really concerned about printing. What I am trying to find out is if the G26 can be a true deep concealment pistol on a skinny person like myself. The only IWB concealment I can get away with is AIWB. I'm just not sure if the G26 will help me out that much. Don't think I would pocket carry a G26 but an ankle holster might be a viable option. I need to be able to conceal while bending over and moving around. BTW thanks Breadman but I live in Columbus OH, very nice of you though.

wagonm
02-07-2012, 15:45
I iwb 26 and 19, both are acceptable. 26 conceals better in a Mitch Rosen Clipper as it sits low to the belt line. The 19 is in Alessi Watch-6.

BUT, we can never defy physics, a Glock will NEVER conceal as good (and as comfy) than a single stack, or the "real" sub-compact class handguns.

I used to AIWB a PM9 for 2 years (also in Mitch Rosen Clipper), it was all day comfort ... but I trust my Glock more than my Kahr. :supergrin:

guitarmikey2
02-07-2012, 15:53
I think the single stack 9mm's like the Kahrs, Ruger LC9, the DB9, the Kel-Tec PF-9 serve this purpose really nicely. I carry a Kahr CM9 as my deep concealment gun and it disappears in my waistband. That said, with the right holster and set up, I think the 26 can conceal very well too.

BrianJ786
02-07-2012, 16:22
My 26 was significantly easier to conceal than my 19. It just disappeared in an MTAC. I'm buying another 26 tomorrow.

kamonjj
02-07-2012, 16:50
I found the 26 to conceal a lot better than a 19 but I'm also only 5'6'', 160 lbs and very slim. The ruger lcp concealed very easily but I felt under gunned. Thats why I got a PPS. Definitely a nice happy medium.

coldmcrider
02-07-2012, 17:16
I've had a G19 for about 8 years. Many times I had to leave it home to take something smaller (J-frame, LCP, PF-9). I picked up a G26 around Christmas 2011. It conceals alot better than the G19. Since it is just a thick as the 19, I thought there would be no big difference between it and the 26, but the G26 is much easier to conceal. I've carried the G26 everyday since I bought it except once. I'm really happy with the G26 and I shoot it much better than the J-frame, LCP or PF-9.

DannyII
02-07-2012, 17:19
Since you're in Columbus, go to Vance's. They have every conceivable gun you could want to hold in your hand in stock, it seems.

Have you tried an MTAC, or CBST type holster? Moving the clips out really stabilizes the gun, and also gets rid of the bulge of the clip stacked on the gun plus holster thickness. Plus, it's way more comfortable. They are adjustable for cant so you can minimize printing even better.

BTW - I have both the 19 and 26, and I switch back and forth carrying them. For me, the 26 tucks in better, especially when seated anywhere. The extra grip length of the 19 protudes more, obviously, and can print at times. You just have to learn how to minimize that. Bend at the knees, and not the waist, etc. I carry at 3:30-4:00, and no one has every "made me" or said anything to me in 10+ years of carrying. Even family members that know I carry have asked me if I left my gun home. I love their faces when I lift my shirt and show it to them in my MTAC. (only a select few get to see, the rest, I just say, "yeah.") My in-laws were unsure of this whole me carrying a gun around thing at first, but now they feel better knowing I carry, and have sufficient training to protect me/them if I have to.

Ahmid
02-07-2012, 17:27
I do like my little G26 a whole lot. There is nothing better than an S&W J frame for concealability and ease of carrying.

R.T.
02-07-2012, 17:30
I carry a 26 IWB most of time and no one ever knows except for those that know me well and just assume I'm carrying. When I'm not carrying the 26, it's a J frame in an ankle holster (I find the 26 to be too heavy/bulky on the ankle). The J frame was the first handgun I purchased as a BUG back in 1980 and it's still a great gun.

Glockster45ACP
02-07-2012, 17:33
I'm a tall guy, but unfortunately not as thin as you. I've had good luck with a G26 in a CBST at 4 o'clock. Switching from a G30 to a G26 made a giant difference for me and often forget the G26 is there. The CBST holds tight to the body. The adjustable cant helps too.

drew4691
02-07-2012, 17:35
I had a 27, then got rid of it. To me it wasn't much smaller than a 23 (which I still have) I found that if I wanted to take the 27, I'd just take the 23 since it fit my hand better, and carried more rounds. I have a PM9 and a LCP when I pocket carry (which is what I do mostly... and most of the time its the LCP).

Golddog
02-07-2012, 17:43
I carried J frames for awhile, but their DA triggers aren't the most shootable devices on the planet, so I switched to 3" K frames. Then I went to Glock 19's and 26's because they have better triggers. Better still is the CZ Rami I now carry. I've shot various other lighter sub-compact semi-autos, but their triggers were grossly inferior to those from Glock and CZ.

My conclusions after more than two decades of trying out the above: Aluminum-framed J's work for pocket and ankle carry, although the latter type of carry is slow on the draw and impedes defensive running. (Appendix carry is too damned uncomfortable for me with any firearm.) A Glock 26 is too bulky for either, at least for me (5'11", 150 lbs.), but it pretty much disappears in a decent IWB holster (I prefer kydex). A Glock 19 or a Rami weigh about the same, loaded, but the 19 gives you five more rounds.

Both the Glock 19 and the Rami carry nicely in an IWB, but the Glock 26 is about 5 ounces lighter than either and just about as accurate. It has a better trigger and better sights than any J frame and doubles their capacity. Except for it lack of a thumb safety, when all factors are considered, it's the best carry gun of the bunch, unless pocket carry is essential to you. If it is, get a small polymer Kahr or a J frame.

barth
02-07-2012, 17:43
Hello everybody I've got a concealed carry dilemma. I currently own a G19 and find it to be a wonderful versatile pistol. I've been carrying this thing for a while now but I've learned that when the situation calls for absolutely no printing the G19 does not work for me. Let me tell you right now that I am skinny as can be at 6', 145 lbs. I've tried various different concealed methods and always seem to print. I've been wondering how much easier the G26 would be to CC. I know the shorter grip would aid in concealment but I still don't think I could get away with deep concealment with this doublestack design. Should I simply get a j frame (much thinner grip) or would I be better served with a G26. I know I will get twice as many bullets with the G26 but I can't risk even minimal printing. To those who know, what say you?

I have seven handguns including a G27.
For weekends, dress as I want, belt carry - the G27 is one of my favorite guns.
During the week, soft dress slacks, tucked in shirt - my 11.1 oz S&W 342 38 is pretty hard to beat.
Front pocket, in a DeSantis Nemisis, loaded with 135 gr +P Speer GDHP Short barrel rounds - it's invisible.
And at 13.5 oz loaded it's unbelievably comfortable.
Air Weight J-Frames continue to be the pocket pistol everything else is compared to - with good reason.

Rustin
02-07-2012, 17:58
Thanks for the replies everybody. Pocket carry seems pretty desirable as I might even have to tuck my shirt in. I think I'll wait until I can find a deal on a G26. I'll go to vance's tomorrow and check out some single stack pocket autos and take a good look at the j frame. Pretty tough choice as there are so many different views on the subject.

barth
02-07-2012, 18:00
Thanks for the replies everybody. Pocket carry seems pretty desirable as I might even have to tuck my shirt in. I think I'll wait until I can find a deal on a G26. I'll go to vance's tomorrow and check out some single stack pocket autos and take a good look at the j frame. Pretty tough choice as there are so many different views on the subject.

If you go auto for pocket carry, DeSantis Super Fly works well for me.

kodiakpb
02-07-2012, 18:26

You can tuck your shirt in with a IWB like the CBST

ronin.45
02-07-2012, 18:33
The 26 is pretty easy to carry with minimal printing. Definitely better than the 19 in that regard.

Mattyd
02-07-2012, 19:00
Here is my conclusion to the same situation...I have a 19 I carried for a while. When I got the 26 the 19 moved to bedside position. It is just easier to conceal with the shorter grip and with a smidge shorter barrel is more comfortable when driving a vehicle. I also have a J frame that I quit carrying when I got the 19 because if I am honest with myself my shooting abilities using the J frame is better than my pocket knife but not in the same league as the 26. I am thinking of a Kahr but at the end of the day I doubt if I will be as confident/proficient with it as the 26. You can conceal the 26 just fine.

MinnesnowtaWild
02-07-2012, 21:36
I am the exact height and weight as the OP, and I like the G26 for concealed carry. When your tall and really skinny though, the width of the Glocks is significant. I do like to carry it, but a single stack pistol would be really, really nice.

I will probably add a single stack gun for summer carry.

D4RWlN
02-08-2012, 01:55
I think you should look into a small piece like a Kahr p380 or lcp so you have something ultra concealable rather than pick up a g26. If you are not comfortable with 380, look into the pm9 or pps.

My g19 and kahr p380 get almost all the carry time.

buckshotshorty
02-08-2012, 02:20

I think you'll find the G26 too big for pocket carry. The 26 is the same thickness as the 19 and the grip is shorter. If you're printing with the 19, it's likely that the 26 will print also.

If pocket carry is what you are after, I would suggest an Airweight j-frame or Ruger LCR. At 15 oz. you don't even know it's there. I like pocket carry.

1911ES
02-08-2012, 03:49
Have you ever considered a G36 ...... :thumbsup:

Rustin
02-08-2012, 07:35
Well after mulling it over for a day and reading countless reviews and comparisons I''ve narrowed it down to two choices for pocket carry/deep concealment. The LCP or LCR will be my next purchase. I need to be realistic and consider the size for pocket carry. If I do need to pocket carry I will be wearing slacks and not my usual black denim. For the most part I think I could get away with throwing the LCR in a good pocket holster but I know the LCP could be concealed just about anywhere. I really prefer the revolver but am willing to give both a try. So what do you guys think? I know the .380 vs .38 has been done to death but would I really be able to pocket the LCR? Thing looks kinda big...

jw38
02-08-2012, 10:05
I switched from always carrying my G23 to my G27 and I think the 27 is alot more comfortable and easier to hide, plus the little bit of weight difference makes a huge difference IMHO but with the right IWB holster just about any weapon will dissapear...

I agree and carry my 27 as edc. Can you imagine having a 27 THIN SLIDE, single stack for cc. Be still my heart!

jerstolp1
02-08-2012, 10:19
for pocket carry go with the kahr pm series. even the pm45 disapeared in my pocket with a good holster. youll have no prob with a pm9...

Rustin
02-08-2012, 10:20
Yeah people always love to say how there is no need for a single stack glock but if you take even just a brief look at the market you'll notice that smaller guns are what people want. The lcp and lc9 sell like hot cakes and I don't understand why glock doesn't share (dominate) the market. Calling a G26 a subcompact is laughable and for someone with a similar build to me would have trouble concealing it in normal attire. I understand that you have to dress around the gun but sometimes it's just not an option. If I have to wear a fitted dress shirt and pants there is not going to be anywhere I could conceivably conceal a chunky double stack. Bigger people I'm sure could get away with it but for someone with a high metabolism I can't see it. Also the perception of concealed varries from person to person. When I'm out an about running errands and such a little printing isn't a major concern and people really don't seem to notice even when I'm open carrying but there are situations in time that call for complete, unidentifiable concealment. Think LCP, LC9, and walther will fit the bill for that...

SpringerTGO
02-08-2012, 10:42
I have a Glock 26 and really like it, but I don't like carrying it. It's too bulky and heavy. With an IWB holster, I still need to use a proper gun belt to carry it. My 1911's carry much better because they are thinner, but still require a proper belt.
I have a S&W 340 that is very easy to carry. It is extremely light, carries well with any belt, and uses a potent round. I carry it in a Galco tuckable holster, and it pretty much disappears.

cloudbuster
02-08-2012, 10:55
I have four guns I conceal

G26
LCR (.357 magnum version)
P32
NAA .22 WMR mini revolver, 1 5/8" barrel

I'm 5'10" and about 180 lb.

I don't like IWB very much, I find it uncomfortable for all-day carry, so I only belt carry the G26 and LCR OWB.

The G26 is pretty easy for me to conceal with a jacket or loose t-shirt or pullover. Can't pocket carry it for the life of me. But I generally wear it when I don't really care that much if I'm printing a bit -- printing isn't an offense in my state, heck, open carry is legal, so just running around doing errands, it's just not worth worrying too much about. People are pretty oblivious. Of course, in the winter when I have the option of a jacket and heavier clothing, printing isn't an issue.

The LCR is degree easier to conceal. The big deal isn't that it's much smaller -- it really isn't in raw maximum dimensions, but it's less blocky. All the contours are rounded, so it blends much better on the waist. I can pocket carry it in my looser trousers with a Galco pocket holster, but in certain sitting positions, it's pretty obvious I have something sizable in my front pocket, but to casual scrutiny, people just don't notice. Could be a cell phone, a wallet, keys, who knows?

The P32 is invisible in pretty much everything. If I'm using a tuckable IWB holster, the J-hook is the only give-away. In the pocket with a DeSantis Nemesis, it disappears completely in all but the very tightest jeans (and I long ago stopped wearing tight jeans!). You could maybe notice a slight bulge sitting that looks like a slender wallet. It's not a lot of gun, of course. However, it is extremely reliable with FMJ and gentle to shoot -- much more so than its bigger sibling, the P3AT. General consensus with .32 ACP mouseguns is that hollow points don't really buy you a lot anyway.

The mini revolver of course disappears everywhere and can be stashed anywhere. But again, it's not very much gun.

I don't go out very often with just the latter two, but for dress attire in a situation where I couldn't expect to keep the jacket/sport coat on, and didn't want to mess up the trouser profile as much as the LCR does, I'd go with the P32. Those don't tend to be the most dangerous occasions of my life: business meetings, weddings, funerals, etc. :)

BTW, all my favorite holsters are by FIST (http://www.fist-inc.com/), except my pocket holsters. No affiliation with the company, but I'm very happy with them and like giving them free plugs. :)

JLeephoto
02-22-2012, 08:05
I love the G26, but I think sooner or later, you're gonna end up with a single stack "pocket rocket." Take a close look at the Kahr PM or CM9. It'll look like a thick wallet in your pocket if you choose to pocket carry, and will completely disappear for any IWB. The trigger is the smoothest of all the pocket pieces and it handles very similar to your glock. Only downside is the trigger is LOONG as is the reset so it will take some practice. It's not as easy to shoot as a glock, but much easier than a J-Frame. The Kahr's have tight tolerences and need to be broken in with at least 200 rounds, but since then, mine has been flawless. Good luck.

fuzzy03cls
02-22-2012, 08:17
I went from a G27(carried a year plus) to a G22. The only difference I found was the longer grip & that was corrected with some forward cant. I can hide IWB just as easily as the G27. My G27 is now backup or occasional pocket carry.

HexHead
02-22-2012, 08:23
Thanks for the replies everybody. Pocket carry seems pretty desirable as I might even have to tuck my shirt in.

Since you're also talking about tucking your shirt in, I suggest the 26 with this Galco UDC. Only the grip protrudes above your belt line. And it's tuckable. I also have Milt Sparks Versa Max2 s for my 19 and 26, but the Galco is my go too holster for the 26.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/scat999999/f3cd2bde.jpg

I prefer the 26 to my 19 becaus I have a lot more carry options with it, anywhere from pocket holster to shoulder holster with many belt holsters in between.

HexHead
02-22-2012, 08:29
I know the .380 vs .38 has been done to death but would I really be able to pocket the LCR? Thing looks kinda big...

The S&W Airweights are slightly smaller than the LCR and pocket carry easily (I used to have a 442). I almost bought a LCR the other day, but it really wasn't any smaller than my Colt Detective Special. Ended up picking up a 438 instead.

SpringerTGO
02-22-2012, 09:13
I am 6'1 215lbs. My G26 feels like a brick on my side or in my pocket. I am sure its because I'm not used to it but then again I don't want to get used to it. I am going to try the Ruger or Keltec pocket guns.

/

I really wanted to like my G26 for CC, but feel it's like a brick as well. It is still one of my favorite guns, just not for CC.
My S&W 340 blows it away. Anyone saying the cylinder width makes a difference can't seriously think a G26 is easier to carry than a j frame. I even find my full size 1911's easier to carry.

My G26 is still a great bedside/camp/car/etc. all around great handgun, just not close to being my favorite carry gun.

ZO6Vettever
02-22-2012, 11:23
Wife got a G26 about two weeks ago. Carrys IWB with a DeSantis SofTuck ($14.99 at Natchez). She wears no belt and elastic waist shorts. She uses the 12 round mags to get a better grip and it still in not noticeable. When she was getting another weapon a G30 jumped in my hand and I had to take it home. I really like it but wonder if I shouldn't have got a G26 too. :dunno:

cloudbuster
02-22-2012, 11:37
My carry guns are a Ruger KLCR-357 and a G26. The KLCR is clearly easier to conceal, but the G26 isn't bad, and offers a lot more firepower. The G26 is, to me, one of the best of the sub-compacts, because it can do anything. It's just as capable and accurate as a G19 or G17. You don't feel like you're carrying a "lesser" gun with a G26. Your spare magazines can be 17rd G17 mags (or 31 rd G18 mags! heh) and you have the kind of firepower you have in a full-sized Glock.

bulletandgrunt
02-22-2012, 11:56

I've got both guns. I use an MTAC IWB holster for both also. The G26 conceals very well for me. I make sure if I go in just a T shirt and jeans that the shirt is long enough and make sure you squat rather than bend. I can hide the G26 much easier, just make sure you don't put any grip extenders on it. If you leave it alone it will be great. Get used to shooting it with your pinky curled under the mag. I'm also 6'1" and weight 235, so we are close in stature.

xmanhockey7
02-22-2012, 13:41
If you need something to conceal very easily and not worry about other knowing I think the small 380s are the way to go. Ruger LCP, Sig 238, Kel Tec 380, etc.

SCmasterblaster
02-22-2012, 13:50
Has anyone tried carrying a G36 yet? I seems quite concealable, being a single-stack .45 ACP.

kimber6
02-22-2012, 13:59
I'm 6' 185lbs and have no issue concealing my 19 or 23. The 26 will conceal easier in just a t shirt, but if you are wearing anything more than that it really isn't much of a difference

JLeephoto
02-22-2012, 14:37
Has anyone tried carrying a G36 yet? I seems quite concealable, being a single-stack .45 ACP.

I carried a G36 for awhile. Very similar in size to a G19, and fit many of the same holsters. It did have a tendency to shift in my hands and cheaper 9mm ammo meant that I get more practice with the G19.

marcus40
02-22-2012, 14:53
I got my Concealed Carry permit in 2009, and I started carrying then. I went through lots of hosters, Blackhawk, CrossBreed SuperTuck, I was trying to carry IWB. I settled on carrying the Glock 36, but kept running into gaining weight and buying larger clothes. Finally in 2010 I ran across on a Forum about the Wilderness Tactical Holster, that you wear on the outside of your belt, it looks like a CD holder, it completely conceals the gun inside the holster and no one knows what is inside of it. Now I don't have to worry about my clothes being too small and I can carry my gun year round. I have carried the Glock 36 for 2-1/2 years in this holster and I have never had anyone ask me what was inside the black holster, including lots of stores, ect. Now that Hornady and Corbon have come out with some hot 9mm loads, and Wilderness Tactical Holster makes a holster just for the Glock 26/27 gun, I am switching to carrying a new Glock 26 gen4, recently purchased along with the holster.
Anyway, this is how I solved my Concealed Carry situation and for me it works great. Also, since I am left handed, you can order your holster from Wilderness Tactical in Right or Left hand configuration, plus they have some other options, the holster is fairly inexpensive, I paid $70 for the Glock 26/27 holster that I just ordered. Since I am left-handed, I ordered the left hand holster from them, and they had it made and shipped to me in 7 working days.
Sure makes my concealed Carrying easier on me, plus the Glock 26 is a lot lighter than the Glock 36, another plus.
Carry Safe,
Marcus:cool:

2740dmx
02-22-2012, 17:57
I do like my little G26 a whole lot. There is nothing better than an S&W J frame for concealability and ease of carrying.

I agree with you 100% :supergrin:
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/spec4towle/043.jpg

Ranger45
02-22-2012, 18:27
I'm happy with my G19, but would probably opt for a G26 over a wheel gun or pocket pistol.

Creatism
02-22-2012, 19:55

Been my edc for a couple of yrs now. I love it!!

Typed from my iPhone.

fowler
02-23-2012, 04:48
G26 apendex carry 2:00 front . Fast,capacity,accuracy. Its like two Jframes in one and with a reload of G17 mag= to 5 J-frames in firepower. I still have a 442 no-lock,but its not used much and if it is its outside pocket carry.

Ken49
02-23-2012, 21:24
A G26 in a DeSantis Nemisis holster fits in a cargo pocket.

In warm weather I can just wear shorts and a t-shirt (or no shirt at all).

Instead of a "tactical" look, go for the geeky look -- which is easy in my college town (where there's lots of guys walking around with cargo pockets stuffed with iPhones and other things).

Warp
02-23-2012, 21:33

I have a G26 and a G19. I've had the G26 since 2005 and the G19 since 2009.

If I could only have one gun, period, it would be the G26. It's basically the perfect carry gun, IMO.

KungFuNerd
02-23-2012, 21:35
G26 might 'fit' in a cargo pocket but I found it too bulky for that.
It worked well IWB but when I got it hidden, I felt like the draw was a little slow.

I carry a 17.
I'm sure I'll pick up another 26 when the weather warms up.

trugracie
02-23-2012, 22:07
G27 in a Fist holster IWB when I wear light clothing or pretty much from late March to early November.
Once I start wearing sweatshirts, hoodies, or jackets the G23 on a combat holster is my best choice.
The 26 will print a lot less especially if you're moving around picking up boxes and just bending down in general. Don't get me wrong, the G19 will too but you just gotta be more careful because it will print, $500 holster or not.

My .02

CTfam
02-24-2012, 23:09
G26 apendex carry 2:00 front . Fast,capacity,accuracy. Its like two Jframes in one and with a reload of G17 mag= to 5 J-frames in firepower. I still have a 442 no-lock,but its not used much and if it is its outside pocket carry.

What he said.