30.06 Posting Saxet Gun Show [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 30.06 Posting Saxet Gun Show

IT0
02-07-2012, 14:23
So I went to the Saxet Gun show in Austin last a couple of weeks ago, and there was this sign out front that said, you had to check your gun..ect ect, and that there were 30.06 signs posted.

Now I know what you are wondering, would anyone go to a gun show, they are just a rip off.... Well that and what's my point...

The funny thing was I did not see a single 30.06 sign posted anywhere, yet that in Texas is required to prohibit firearms, if the the location is not one of the listed prohibited carry locations...schools, university, churches...ect ect.

Anyone notice this?

IT0
02-08-2012, 05:19
My concern/question is how would you be in violation of Texas law if you carried and they did not have the proper signage?

Not that I would carry at a gun show, but just curious about the law.

Travclem
02-08-2012, 05:25
If they post a 30.06 sign you can't carry there period. The gun show in Lubbock are the same way. You can however, zip tie your gun at the door and carry a loaded mag in your pocket FWIW. (a har closing slide will cut a ziptie if need be.

Travclem
02-08-2012, 05:28
So I went to the Saxet Gun show in Austin last a couple of weeks ago, and there was this sign out front that said, you had to check your gun..ect ect, and that there were 30.06 signs posted.

Now I know what you are wondering, would anyone go to a gun show, they are just a rip off.... Well that and what's my point...

The funny thing was I did not see a single 30.06 sign posted anywhere, yet that in Texas is required to prohibit firearms, if the the location is not one of the listed prohibited carry locations...schools, university, churches...ect ect.

Anyone notice this?
Was there a sign or not?

IT0
02-08-2012, 06:55
That was the point of this post, I looked all over but never saw a 30.06 sign anywhere. All they had was this crappy sign out front, that was NOT a 30.06 and stated there were 30.06 posted inside, but there where none.

Also I thought a 30.06 had to be posted OUTSIDE at the door, not inside where it would be too late once you walked in with firearm.

Yes I know the drill at gun shows, tie-wraps ect ect .

Bill Lumberg
02-08-2012, 07:45
Posted, don't carry there. Not posted and not a prohibited area, have fun.

fgutie35
02-08-2012, 08:12
I go to that same show, because is the only gun show that is willing to travel all the way south of Texas. I do notice many of the dealers open carrying inside the show. If there would be in fact 30.06 signs inside, wouldn't it apply to dealers also?:dunno:

IT0
02-08-2012, 08:25
It is starting to sound like they are making up their own rules.

Glenn E. Meyer
02-08-2012, 10:49
Saxet had an idiot ND a while back. The show organizers say that their insurance mandated the sign after that. AND, they were truly annoyed as they didn't ban before as it sent the wrong message. So should they go out of business for the cause? Easy for you to say.

fgutie35
02-08-2012, 11:34
Saxet had an idiot ND a while back. The show organizers say that their insurance mandated the sign after that. AND, they were truly annoyed as they didn't ban before as it sent the wrong message. So should they go out of business for the cause? Easy for you to say.

So then, why are some of the dealers OCing? They are as much liability as anyone else inside the show. And by the way, you cannot OC in Texas!

IT0
02-08-2012, 13:58
I see employees at the LGS open caring all the time.

Travclem
02-08-2012, 14:23
I see employees at the LGS open caring all the time.
The dealers aren't employees of the company that owns/leases the building for gun shows.

IT0
02-08-2012, 14:30
The gun show did have signs prohibiting the taking of pictures posted all over the place.

TexasFats
02-08-2012, 17:25
When the Saxet show was on North Lamar, they were always posted 30.06 at the door before you got to the admission stand. There was a ND while they were there. Also, you must remember that Austin is becoming more like LA or San Fran East, what with all of the California bozos coming in, including our Police Chief. They already got thrown out of one venue, and I am sure that our City Council and Police Chief would love to see all gun shows forced our of both Austin and Travis County.

IT0
02-08-2012, 19:31
Yes, I do remember but new at the venue I did not see the signs. I actually think it is a good idea to have the signs and enforce them at a gun show, especially with all the yahoos out their just itching to show off their gun, right after they get through unloading it.

Bashful
02-09-2012, 07:27
Also I thought a 30.06 had to be posted OUTSIDE at the door, not inside where it would be too late once you walked in with firearm.

Texas says that the 30.06 has to be posted in public... "displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public."

There's nothing that states that the sign has to be at the entrance. Once you read the sign... you've been given notice.

IT0
02-09-2012, 09:20
Texas says that the 30.06 has to be posted in public... "displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public."

There's nothing that states that the sign has to be at the entrance. Once you read the sign... you've been given notice.

I think you are right, but I did not see any at the show.