Magwell block 9 mm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Magwell block 9 mm

supatrucka
02-07-2012, 16:33
I am looking for a block that goes in from the top not the bottom . Anyone know of one?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

chemcmndr
02-07-2012, 17:06
The only one that I'm aware of is made by Hahn. I know you need to remove the bolt release in order to put it in and take it out though.

supatrucka
02-07-2012, 17:20
The only one that I'm aware of is made by Hahn. I know you need to remove the bolt release in order to put it in and take it out though.My buddy let me use his that he bought some years ago he said it may be a Colt. We flipped the upper and dropped it in and we ran 50 flawless rounds with promags. Are there any draw backs to the ones that come up from the bottom. I don't want to adjust the block every time I convert to 9.

chemcmndr
02-07-2012, 20:33
I use a Rock River mag well block in my rifles, and I love it. The only downside is that if you don't have the set screw tightened, you can pull out the mag well block with cheap magazines. I've had Promags that were snug and pulled out the block because it wasn't tight enough. I use Colt and C-Products magazines and they drop free and work just fine. I really like how easy it is to convert my rifle over to 9mm and back by just switching out the buffer, upper, and putting in the mag well block. I don't need to take the bolt catch out or anything. There really isn't any adjustment needed with a bottom insert block. I just have the bolt closed, insert it until it clears the mag release, and tighten it down. I can then use the mag release as normal.

supatrucka
02-08-2012, 17:43
Thank you Chem I ordered a hahn block top load and there buffer. just because I have to take the upper down for the buffer. O and by the way the gun is from Windham weapenry the old busch master and it shoots great.

blaster_54738
02-08-2012, 19:18
The ProMag block drops in from the top too and is cheap. I have one that I used to build a cheap 9mm and it works, quality may not be the best but it does it's job for what I want... JSE surplus has the block cheap and had a barrel for around the $100 mark

chemcmndr
02-08-2012, 22:10
I've heard great things about Hahn, I hope you enjoy it. I really love shooting my 9mm AR, it's nice and compact and great to play with.