Taurus Ultralite .38spl. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Ultralite .38spl.

syntaxerrorsix
02-07-2012, 15:36
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR99q1dCAk63yHqW5vlkr3f6L0qYbCOExQDj44sDWdiYdPCmRjEjw

It seems I have a timing issue. This is my second Ultralite and my first problem. Double action firing causes the gun to bind up after the third shot. Single action shooting doesn't seem to bother it much. The cylinder is definitely off a hair when observed through the barrel in action.

I suppose the questions I really need to know are what are my options to fix this or is the cost likely to be more than the gun is worse. I'm of the understanding that timing issues are probably the worst problems to have with a revolver.

Chup
02-07-2012, 16:58
Have your dealer send it back to Taurus for repair. The lifetime warranty will cover it. It's better to have the Dealer handle it because it seems they get better service. You can do it yourself but, Taurus can be a pain to deal with at times. I personally have had no problems. I have herd a few horror stories.

syntaxerrorsix
02-07-2012, 17:07
Have your dealer send it back to Taurus for repair. The lifetime warranty will cover it. It's better to have the Dealer handle it because it seems they get better service. You can do it yourself but, Taurus can be a pain to deal with at times. I personally have had no problems. I have herd a few horror stories.

I figure that was the route I would need to take. I've never had to return a firearm for a warranty issue however. :wavey: