Gen4 G23 or G32 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gen4 G23 or G32

gusbuster
02-08-2012, 00:53
Hi Mas,

I was thinking of getting a G23, but now that the Gen4 G32 came out, I have been wondering if I should go for that one instead. I know all it takes is a barrel change and maybe a mag to go from one caliber to the other. I got a Gen4 G27 that is my EDC and I bought a G33 barrel for it, but I have been carrying it with the 40 barrel and some Ranger T 165 grain. The 357 Sig ballistics out of the four inch barrel look promising though. I live in South FL so I'm not concerned about heavy clothing. Which one would you favor Mas?
PS: All the law enforcement agencies around(except for FHP: 45 GAP) use 40, maybe that would be a consideration from a legal standpoint?:dunno:

Mas Ayoob
02-08-2012, 11:48
The same caliber as the cops thing can be a useful argument in a case where they "demonize" the gun, as happened famously in Arizona v. Fish. For me personally, it's not a deal-maker or deal-breaker.

The 165 grain Ranger-T .40 you mention has an outstanding track record in the field, as does the 125 grain JHP generally carried in the .357 SIG. You won't go wrong with either. You could about flip a coin, and be well protected whether the choice came up heads or tails between these two.

Shoot both. One or the other will probably "shoot a l ittle better" for you.

Beauty of either caliber is ease of conversion between the two.

best,
Mas

gusbuster
02-10-2012, 02:24
Sounds good Mas, I'll try to shoot both to see which one I shoot or like better. Hopefully my local range will have the new G32.
Thanks,
Gus