Permit to Carry Came Today! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Permit to Carry Came Today!

nickthedude
02-08-2012, 15:15
Permit to Carry came today from Hennepin County: day 30. :supergrin: They really do wait til the last possible day, it was issued yesterday. Got my Glock 23 and Galco Summer Comfort on along with my Galco Instructor Belt. It feels pretty good, but I'm really excited to get my CBST in the mail so I can carry my 27. Pretty excited though! :cool:

gommer
02-08-2012, 15:18
Congrats! :wavey:

HerrGlock
02-08-2012, 15:26
Congrats!

http://ankylosaur.com/images/firsttimecarry.jpg

HerrGlock
02-08-2012, 15:27
Quoted post deleted

Probably because that's the legal way to do it.

Pete250R
02-08-2012, 15:41
Permit to Carry came today from Hennepin County: day 30. :supergrin: They really do wait til the last possible day, it was issued yesterday. Got my Glock 23 and Galco Summer Comfort on along with my Galco Instructor Belt. It feels pretty good, but I'm really excited to get my CBST in the mail so I can carry my 27. Pretty excited though! :cool:

congrats, see ya out and about!

Alcoy
02-08-2012, 15:58
congrats. be safe and enjoy new permit.

nickthedude
02-08-2012, 16:22
Thanks everyone! Gonna head out and about in a few! I think I'll avoid Walmart around here though (Brooklyn Park), it's ghetto, lol. And I guess they say, "Don't go anywhere you wouldn't normally go now that you have a gun." :whistling: Maybe Maple Grove is a little nicer...

tim12232
02-08-2012, 16:28
Thanks everyone! Gonna head out and about in a few! I think I'll avoid Walmart around here though (Brooklyn Park), it's ghetto, lol. And I guess they say, "Don't go anywhere you wouldn't normally go now that you have a gun." :whistling: Maybe Maple Grove is a little nicer...

I remember when MN ghettos were just certain places in certain cities, now its like the whole certain cities are ghettos! I wont even go to anoka anymore...

TucsonGlocker
02-08-2012, 16:34
Congrats! :highfive:

glock_collector
02-08-2012, 16:35
Believe me farther north of the t/c can be kinda gettoish too. Welcome to the world of the armed !!!

EAJuggalo
02-09-2012, 07:18

Fleet Farm is your answer, and their ammo prices are very close to Wally world as well.

Congratulations on your permit, now you need to join us at the Effin' Open Carry Breakfast on the 18th at the Gopher Bar in St. Paul. Great breakfast and lots of guns on display. Come over to www.mnguntalk.com for more information.

Tim, if you think Anoka is ghetto you need to come on down to where I grew up in MPLS.

SpectreRider
02-09-2012, 07:30
Congrats.

Let's all remember to support legislators that understand that the real concealed carry permit is written on parchment and applies nationwide.

Islander1
02-09-2012, 12:35
Congratulations! Carry safe,carry samrt, and carry often.

Yang332
02-09-2012, 12:44
Fleet Farm is your answer, and their ammo prices are very close to Wally world as well.

Congratulations on your permit, now you need to join us at the Effin' Open Carry Breakfast on the 18th at the Gopher Bar in St. Paul. Great breakfast and lots of guns on display. Come over to www.mnguntalk.com (http://www.mnguntalk.com) for more information.

Tim, if you think Anoka is ghetto you need to come on down to where I grew up in MPLS.

I went to FF in Oakdale.. They don't seem to have much of a selection. And I also noticed they sell handguns as well. That was pretty interesting.

Anoka is not Ghetto. LOL. I drive through there everyday.

Nice job on getting your permit. About damn time. LOL. I've been meaning to checked out that breakfast meet. I gotta work 12 hours on the 18th though. DOH! Never been able to make the OCB meet either.

nickthedude
02-09-2012, 14:59
Thanks everyone :wavey: Me and my buddy would be real interested in the Open Carry Breakfast on the 18th, sounds like a good time! And I must say, I moved from Anoka about a year ago, and I really miss living there. I really liked that area and lived in a very nice little neighborhood. Living in South Minneapolis now, and as fun as Uptown can be, I hate living in the city. But hey, I lived on the Northside before I moved to Anoka, so anything is better than there... :upeyes:

Pete250R
02-09-2012, 19:47
uptown, not for this guy...

tim12232
02-09-2012, 19:58
Anoka is not Ghetto. LOL. I drive through there everyday.

I havent lived there for a number of years now, but still go there twice a year for a few weeks to see friends and family. I guess I have just experienced the not so nice parts of Anoka everytime I was there lol!

BTW, next time im up there I need to get a non resident permit. What are the wait times for classes up there like? I would need to do the class and then meet with sheriff all within a week or two.

Tim

nickthedude
02-09-2012, 20:59
I havent lived there for a number of years now, but still go there twice a year for a few weeks to see friends and family. I guess I have just experienced the not so nice parts of Anoka everytime I was there lol!

BTW, next time im up there I need to get a non resident permit. What are the wait times for classes up there like? I would need to do the class and then meet with sheriff all within a week or two.

Tim

I took my class at Gander Mountain, and I signed up a couple days before the class. That was just my experience. Cost me $100 bucks. I've seen availability up until the day before the class though.

nickthedude
02-09-2012, 21:00
uptown, not for this guy...

Yeah my girl goes to school over here, so it was very convenient for her. Uptown isn't for this guy either... I like the food, that's it.

EAJuggalo
02-10-2012, 06:55

Tim

Honestly I can find you a class just about any day/time. If you have a little notice I can find you a class with a good instructor for $100 or less just about anytime within 45 minutes of Anoka. From there all you have to do is drop your application packet at the Sheiff's Office of your choice during regular business hours. My recommendation is the Washington County Sheriff's Office in Stillwater, $75 instead of $100 and they generally have the permit to you in about two weeks.