My G33 Needs an OWB Leather, Paddle Holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My G33 Needs an OWB Leather, Paddle Holster

tuf8seconds
02-08-2012, 15:56
I have a brand spankin' new G33 for concealed carry. I am looking for a OWB Paddle Holster that will not leave wear marks on my new pistol (I understand that wear marks give it character)....But, I'm thinking leather instead of kydex or any plastic for that matter. Can anybody give me some good suggestions? I was looking at the Galco Speed Paddle Holster SPD286 and the Galco CCP286H. Thanks in advance for your input.

up1911fan
02-08-2012, 18:24
I don't believe kydex wears any faster than leather. In fact leather will wear faster if you don't keep the inside clean. Back on track, for a leather paddle holster, nothing beats the Kramer MSP (preferably in Horsehide). A little spendy, but if cared for it will literally last a lifetime.

DannyR
02-08-2012, 18:27
A quality kydex holster, one like Blade-Tech, will not cause any more wear than leather.

up1911fan
02-08-2012, 18:45
I'm with Danny, I've got a Comp Tac paddle holster for every gun I carry.

GlockRik
02-08-2012, 20:30
Own both a MSP and comp tac paddle that I have carried a G26 in for years. Looking at my slide right now and no noticible signs of wear. If you want the ultimate in a leather paddle, for me it is the MSP, but they are quite a bit pricier than when I got mine. I have seen some pretty nice looking copies.

My G34, shot in competition, has only been used in kydex and does show slide wear, in places through to the metal. But that is thousands of draws and I can't say whether it would have been any better with leather. It also has scratches that are obiviously from grit in the holster.

tuf8seconds
02-08-2012, 20:42
Thanks guys....I saw something on this forum a few days ago about the only thing that wouldn't put wear marks on a pistol was leather....Maybe I didn't read that correctly...I know that if you do in fact draw from a kydex holster, it will wear on the slide...I was just trying to get around that wear by going with the leather...I'm still open for suggestions about the leather paddle holster....Thanks again for your help and knowledge...