Anyone ever try a Zack Holster? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever try a Zack Holster?

codecowboy
02-09-2012, 00:03
I saw a Blog post on the Warrior Talk forums about optimizing your Baby Glock. At the bottom of the post he mentions the Zack Holster as the only way to fly. Intrigued I checked it out. It's essentially a kydex cover for your trigger guard attached to paracord looped around your belt or belt loop. I was curious what everyone here thought. I usually use a Galco Concealable or a MTAC. I'm thinking this could be a good "quick and dirty" truck holster to slip on after I get off work.

Link to the article
http://www.warriortalknews.com/2012/01/optimizing-pocket-glocks.html

Link to the holster
http://www.onesourcetactical.com/zackconcealmentholster.aspx

Youtube video demonstration
One Source Tactical - Zack Holster - YouTube

Nanuk
02-09-2012, 17:43
I have one and I love it..... The same one fits all sizes of Glocks. I am going to get 2 more. The main thing I like is that it totally covers the trigger, I use it at night also, so if something goes bump in the night I have to be awake enough to take it off.

CTfam
02-09-2012, 19:03
I have one and I've used it a few times. I do prefer a real holster but it doesn't get any more minimal then the Zack. At the price point you should just get one. I'm sure you would use it for something. I am going to fasten mine into my bellyband. :cool:

Streetglider08
02-09-2012, 19:13
I have seen these referred to as MIC holsters. Different companies?

The Habit
02-09-2012, 19:21
I don't know that I'd carry one because I like my gun securely located on my belt. However, I could definitely see tethering one to the brass handle on the side of my nightstand. No risk of hitting the bang switch when reaching for the gun in the dark, half asleep.

werkz
02-09-2012, 19:47
I usually just keep my pistols in their holsters all the time. When I take off my pistol and set it on my night stand, the whole holster comes off. Same if I need to lock my holster in my truck.

That said, I'm curious whether people here find them useful, and in what situation they're most useful.

Ethereal Killer
02-09-2012, 20:15
Used it.

It's another tool in the tool box for concealed carriers.

it works best for deep cover situations where cover garments are minimal and a regular holster causes too much printing.

you need to practice your draw stroke with it tho as it does need a modified technique.

Ryan-17
02-09-2012, 20:21
might have to get me one or two of those!

up1911fan
02-09-2012, 20:59
I keep one in my center console for when I have to go into a pistol free zone. I don't like taking my holster off and on or loading/unloading my gun. Since I don't want to leave a loaded gun in the console with out something covering the trigger, this works great for that.

codecowboy
02-10-2012, 00:47
I keep one in my center console for when I have to go into a pistol free zone. I don't like taking my holster off and on or loading/unloading my gun. Since I don't want to leave a loaded gun in the console with out something covering the trigger, this works great for that.

This is along the same lines as what I was thinking. Furthermore I regretfully work in a pistol free zone, but keep one in the truck. I sometimes run a errand on the way home. Putting on a MTAC or a OTW holster in the truck in a sitting position is tough. Especially for full figured individuals such as myself. I was thinking this might just be the ideal "slip on and go" holster.

Personally I like having my pistol in a nice secure, non moving position. But I can see where this would be another tool in my toybox. For the price I bought two of them to try out. I'm going to let my wife try one of them. She was looking for a option that didn't require a belt.

Bill Lumberg
02-10-2012, 07:29
Awesomely inadequate. If you just couldn't get a holster, or all holsters cost 500 dollars or something, perhaps. But holsters are just to reasonably priced to settle for a placebo like this.

Sharky7
02-10-2012, 10:47
If you are looking for something to cover your trigger guard while in the nightstand or a similar function, it looks good.

If you are looking to carry with this - just get a real holster. If this "warrior" from your posting has ever been in a good fight in his life, he would know how much having an unholstered gun in his waistband would really frickin' hurt rolling around with someone.

Personally, it's not my thing. It's not always deadly force or no force in the real world. I would not be comfortable carrying this thing.