What is the best AR Forum? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What is the best AR Forum?

Two Guns
02-09-2012, 12:20
Hey guys, I love Glock Talk but I was wondering what is your favorite AR forum? Thanks in advance

nrabnf
02-09-2012, 12:41
Probably AR15.com

bullittmcqueen
02-09-2012, 13:13
m4Carbine and its not even close.

WoodenPlank
02-09-2012, 13:33

I have an account there solely to lurk, but I have to completely agree with this post.

Patriot III
02-09-2012, 14:15
M4Carbine has more that a few "richards", but they also have some pretty knowledgeable members. Just be sure to have a thick skin because some of those folks know absolutely everything ( :devildance:) and they'll let you know it.

jrs93accord
02-09-2012, 14:19
I use to frequent AR15.COM for many years. I never cared much for M4carbine.net. I have pretty much reside myself to GT's Black Rifle Forum. There is not an over-abundance of Kool-Aid drinkers or Tier Chart worshippers here. What I like about the GT forum is that it is more helpful toward AR newcomers. It is a great source for the new AR guys to be heard and helped without being critically chastised.

B.Reid
02-09-2012, 14:19
M4Carbine has more that a few "richards", but they also have some pretty knowledgeable members. Just be sure to have a thick skin because some of those folks know absolutely everything ( :devildance:) and they'll let you know it.

Unlike here?:rofl:

mixflip
02-09-2012, 15:03
I just ask "SURF" here at GT.

I also lurk around at lightfighter.net

The ego's and mall ninja's at the other forums are just too hard to stomach.

Jack Black
02-09-2012, 15:45
m4carbine. But read a lot and post very little. If you have a question, search for it.

TangoFoxtrot
02-09-2012, 15:50

You got that right! God's gifts to the AR world.. Go on AR15 Chatter Box they are some nice folks plus the guy who runs it is cool too.

TangoFoxtrot
02-09-2012, 15:54
Probably AR15.com

Not very well designed, too busy for the eyes. But it is informative if you can get pasted that. IMHO

RMTactical
02-09-2012, 16:11
I prefer AR15.com due to the sheer size and awesome equipment exchange.

WoodenPlank
02-09-2012, 18:29

The ego's and mall ninja's at the other forums are just too hard to stomach.

Another excellent forum, but covers MUCH more than ARs.

KiloXray
02-09-2012, 19:00

This.

BBJones
02-09-2012, 22:34
m4carbine.net Least amount of BS. Use the search and read for days.

surf
02-09-2012, 23:57
Depends on what you consider the best. No matter what anyone says about m4carbine.net the actual number of professionals / SME related to the AR/M4/M16 either commercial, industry, LE, Military etc is unmatched. The civilian or recreational shooters are amongst the most knowledgeable and rival many of the industry types. The amount of idiots or the circus like atmosphere is kept to minimal or non-existent levels and many get hurt feelings there. Read, read and read. Then if you have a question where an answer cannot be found then ask. If you are wanting to yak it up like a bunch of buffoons check out arfcom general discussion as you will be more at home there. :)

Don't get me wrong as I am a long time member at arfcom and there is good info to be found but sifting through the crap is tiresome. The priority is being an internet revenue site, so the sheer amounts of idiots are tolerated because numbers is numbers.

mvician
02-10-2012, 00:04
Go on AR15 Chatter Box they are some nice folks plus the guy who runs it is cool too.

:goodpost:

Thank you :supergrin:

I think it is the best kept secret of the AR15 forums. Small, friendly, and like Cheers...everyone knows your name. We AR family :cool:

surf
02-10-2012, 00:05

The ego's and mall ninja's at the other forums are just too hard to stomach.Thanks my friend, I have been approached for online projects such as blogs, websites etc, but time is not there. Heck I don't even pull moderator duties because I cannot devote the time. My professional career is definitely heavily based around this platform of weapon and while I might be noted as an industry professional or / SME on certain forums, I am still learning things about this platform all the time.

I am also a member at lightfighter and if people think M4C is bad, lightfighter will chew you up and spit you out quickly. I know a couple other forums that are worse. :supergrin:

Javelin
02-10-2012, 00:19
Thanks my friend, I have been approached for online projects such as blogs, websites etc, but time is not there. Heck I don't even pull moderator duties because I cannot devote the time. My professional career is definitely heavily based around this platform of weapon and while I might be noted as an industry professional or / SME on certain forums, I am still learning things about this platform all the time.

I am also a member at lightfighter and if people think M4C is bad, lightfighter will chew you up and spit you out quickly. I know a couple other forums that are worse. :supergrin:

Whatever Surf. I am going to go over to lightfighter & post a pics of my suppressed DPMS SASS 308 & my SBR'd RRA and tell them all why I think they are the best value. :whistling:

LA_357SIG
02-10-2012, 00:51
M4C reminds me of those cheesy high school movies where the popular cheerleader is surrounded by airheads that shamelessly kiss her ass and agree with everything she says.

I just lurk there and :shocked: at the ignorance that plauge the "beyond 5.56 AR" section.

JASV.17
02-10-2012, 09:51
Whatever Surf. I am going to go over to lightfighter & post a pics of my suppressed DPMS SASS 308 & my SBR'd RRA and tell them all why I think they are the best value. :whistling:

Do that, and I'll challenge Pat Rogers to an Aimpoint vs Eotech debate.

Javelin
02-10-2012, 11:15
Do that, and I'll challenge Pat Rogers to an Aimpoint vs Eotech debate.

Perfect! But I would also offer the suggestion of a Bushnell & Vortex variant just to keep the thread *new*.

:wavey:

DieselNut
02-10-2012, 11:38
ar15 is probably the best forum for industry info, and their EE. Knowledge on the other hand you'd probably be better off with one of the other forums. I use ar15.com for deals mainly. M4c is policed waaayyy to much by their mods. I actually like their AK forum vs their AR forum. The AR forum is ruined by ego and mall ninjas, but on occasion you can find good info. You also must kiss the sponsor's ass 3 times daily. If you post something a mod doesn't necessarily agree with it usually gets deleted. They mainly stay out of the ak forum (on m4c) though.

faawrenchbndr
02-10-2012, 11:46
-GlockTalk
--Great overall, however some can be a bit argumentitive here
-ARFcom
--Tons of info, tons of "Richards", many actually do wish to help.
-AR15Chatterbox
--Chatterbox is a great place for "newbies" very friendly & helpful folks.
-M4Carbine
--Great info, has more of a "professional" feel to it, some mebers can be a bit overbearing
-WeaponEvolution
--Groups of great info, friendly staff, superb tecnical info and reviews

All have their good points, I use them all for different reasons.

02-10-2012, 16:08
Different folks like different things. Not saying others are bad, just that I prefer AR15.com and AR15Armory.com.

tinman517
02-10-2012, 16:20
M4C can be a bit harsh for the uninitiated.