Caledonia Man, Who Allegedly Drove Drunk, Had Loaded Gun In His Car [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Caledonia Man, Who Allegedly Drove Drunk, Had Loaded Gun In His Car

TBO
02-11-2012, 03:16
http://caledonia.patch.com/articles/caledonia-man-who-allegedly-drove-drunk-had-loaded-gun-in-his-car
------------

Synopsis:

Citizen complaint of erratic driving (caller following).
Squad pulls up, pulls over suspect. Suspect stops, continues erratic vehicle movement, driver smells of alcohol to officer.
Suspect refuses to do field sobriety, is arrested for DUI.

Police find empty pistol holster on floor, loaded 9mm under seat. He has a permit, but state law prohibits carry while intoxicated.

During contact, suspect calls an officer a "rookie" multiple times, and conducts himself in a belligerent manner, including using profanity.

He said the entire police agency was "the Gestapo".

Blood drawn for DUI purposes, will take approx 1 month to get results back from state crime lab.

xmanhockey7
02-11-2012, 04:36
Don't like seeing stories like this. Makes us all look bad. At least he wasn't doing anything wrong with the firearm other than having it while intoxicated.

Patchman
02-11-2012, 04:57
Even when you're drunk you need to get from Point A to Point B... like from the bar back to your home.

ssharber
02-11-2012, 05:20
Don't like seeing stories like this. Makes us all look bad. At least he wasn't doing anything wrong with the firearm other than having it while intoxicated.

I agree. It gives those who oppose our right to carry just one more example of why we should not. Since getting my permit Ive stopped alot of my "bad" behaviors and feel I'm a better citizen. I try and avoid anything that will give our cause a black eye.

CitizenOfDreams
02-11-2012, 09:31
Even when you're drunk you need to get from Point A to Point B... like from the bar back to your home.

And it's always a good idea to do it in a way that does not break too many laws or attracts too much attention.

TBO
02-11-2012, 10:50
It should only make HIM look bad, he doesn't speak/act for the rest of us.

jmho

HandyMan Hugh
02-11-2012, 11:34
It should only make HIM look bad, he doesn't speak/act for the rest of us.

jmho

TBO What you say is true. However the anti-gun people will ignore logic, and break out their broad brush, and begin painting. :steamed:

happyguy
02-11-2012, 12:36
Ha, ha!

When I read this I thought it was going to about Caledonia, MS. Their police officer works 8 to 5 and then is on call after hours. :rofl:

I'm glad I followed the link before posting!

Regards,
Happyguy :)