n82tactical holsters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : n82tactical holsters

cangler
02-11-2012, 14:03
I keep discovering more and more interesting looking and well designed IWB holsters, and some just look very comfortable, some not so much. I just ran across http://n82tactical.com/n82store/?page_id=1792 and their IWB holsters look simple but also look comfortable. Anyone using theirs?

Here's a video I found, and this dude seems to really dig `em.
My NEW CCW Holster - The Best Holster I've Ever Owned! - YouTube

dosei
02-11-2012, 14:15
PlayboyPenguin/TheYankeeMarshal is quite fond of them.

Holster Review: N82 (Nate Squared) Concealment Holster - YouTube

Sometimes You Just Need The Good Holster: N82 Tactical Update - YouTube

cangler
02-11-2012, 14:39
They just seem like a great group of people... may just have to give one of their holsters a try for my MK9.
http://n82tactical.com/n82store/wp-content/uploads/file/News2Vid.mp4

JDMitchell
02-11-2012, 14:49
Great customer service and they are very nice people to deal with. I bought the basic holster (non-tuckable, no kydex) for around $40 shipped and it works very nicely. Comfortable and if worn at the 4 o'clock position it doesn't print at all with a t shirt unless I bend over. It is slow to reholster due to the elastic holster but I'm not to worried about reholstering if I ever need to draw my pistol to use it.

dosei
02-11-2012, 16:53
One of the main "red flags" I have with their newest holster, the Professional, it the material choice for the polymer part of the holster. They went with polycarbonate. Polycarbonate is a wonderfully durable polymer, used to make safety glasses and many other things. When it comes to impacts, polycarbonate can take a beating and still look like nothing happened. It is tough stuff, I won't argue that. But where polycarbonate stinks is it's coefficient of friction. While kydex behaves like it's got a teflon coating (or maybe astroglide) that just lets your gun practically "shoot" right out of the holster when drawn, polycarbonate acts a bit more like it has a velcro or super-glue coating...gripping anything it touches. I've been designing & building plastic injection molds for over 20 years. It's not uncommon for polycarbonate parts to "squeal" loudly as they are ejected from the mold, due to how much friction they generate (the squealing is actually fairly common for polycarbonate). From my perspective, the use of polycarbonate for this application is a very poor choice and very much turns me "sour" on the holster.

That said...the people at N82 have a solid reputation of being great people to deal with and standing behind their products.

BailRecoveryAgent
02-11-2012, 21:54
They look like interesting holsters, I just don't like holsters with single belt attachments.

cangler
02-11-2012, 22:18
I like the idea behind single clips, easier to get off and on.
I'm thinking about ordering a couple, original tuckable for MK9 and professional for G26 to see for myself.

kzooglockman
02-13-2012, 14:38
Up until a month ago my carry holster was a Crossbreed Supertuck. I love the holster and have worn it for 3 or so years with no issue. I had been looking for something different and stumbled across N82 Tactical. After looking at reviews I decided to spend the $39 and get the Classic. I have been using it and I have to say it is a really nice holster for the money. Real leather and suede, real stitching and the elastic is adequate for retention. It is a very comfortable holster. Warranty is forever too. I can't speak on the Tuckable or Professional but the Classic is a nice rig so far and worth the coin.

cangler
02-13-2012, 14:52
Up until a month ago my carry holster was a Crossbreed Supertuck. I love the holster and have worn it for 3 or so years with no issue. I had been looking for something different and stumbled across N82 Tactical. After looking at reviews I decided to spend the $39 and get the Classic. I have been using it and I have to say it is a really nice holster for the money. Real leather and suede, real stitching and the elastic is adequate for retention. It is a very comfortable holster. Warranty is forever too. I can't speak on the Tuckable or Professional but the Classic is a nice rig so far and worth the coin.

so between the two, do you find the N82 "more" comfortable, or at least just as comfortable as the crossbreed?

bigrob911
02-13-2012, 15:11
Try one. My carry guns all ride in a n82 holsters. best holster for the money.

Sharkey
02-13-2012, 21:04
Guess I'm the odd man out. I'm not a fan of holsters with a backing. It interferes with getting a good grip on the draw in my opinion. Carried a lot of different holsters looking for the "Holy grail". I stick with a CompTac paddle or a High Noon holster for appendix carry.

dosei
02-14-2012, 06:29
Guess I'm the odd man out. I'm not a fan of holsters with a backing. It interferes with getting a good grip on the draw in my opinion. Carried a lot of different holsters looking for the "Holy grail". I stick with a CompTac paddle or a High Noon holster for appendix carry.

No, you are not the odd man out...or at least not alone in being the odd man out. I too, don't like holsters with huge backing panels. But then, I don't like holsters with single clips/loops. I don't like holsters that wrap elastic around the gun. I don't like holsters that do not allow for easy one-hand re-holsering. And I don't like polycarbonate as a holster material. For many years, the Braveheart IWB by KyTac has been my personal "Holy Grail" of holsters. I've tried many others (including Comp-Tac & RCS), but not a single one comes close to the Braveheart's level of comfort, concealment, & performance. But the guys at N82 will chime right in and agree that "there is no one holster design that is the perfect holster design for everyone".

Pete250R
02-14-2012, 08:36
I want to try one because of the backing panel. I have to wear undershirts for comfort, which is no problem in the winter, but come summer time, no thanks to the undershirt! They don't have the professional model molds for my XD yet though :(

kzooglockman
02-14-2012, 12:11
so between the two, do you find the N82 "more" comfortable, or at least just as comfortable as the crossbreed?

I would say they are comparable in comfort. Driving is where I really notice the difference.

BailRecoveryAgent
02-15-2012, 16:59
No, you are not the odd man out...or at least not alone in being the odd man out. I too, don't like holsters with huge backing panels. But then, I don't like holsters with single clips/loops. I don't like holsters that wrap elastic around the gun. I don't like holsters that do not allow for easy one-hand re-holsering. And I don't like polycarbonate as a holster material. For many years, the Braveheart IWB by KyTac has been my personal "Holy Grail" of holsters. I've tried many others (including Comp-Tac & RCS), but not a single one comes close to the Braveheart's level of comfort, concealment, & performance. But the guys at N82 will chime right in and agree that "there is no one holster design that is the perfect holster design for everyone".

Count me in as another odd man out!

pspez
06-04-2012, 20:06
I would say they are comparable in comfort. Driving is where I really notice the difference.

I agree. But both holsters are top notch. I switch depending on the situation

itsnitro
06-04-2012, 21:15
That guy in the third video looked like Mike O'Malley from the show Yes Dear....

racer88
06-05-2012, 15:41
I've got one of the "Pro" versions (polycarbonate shell). I've worn it twice... couldn't get comfortable with it. The holster rides too high for me (and not adjustable). The top edge of the backing digs into my ribs. So, I'm not using it at all. It is very nicely made. But, it just doesn't fit me.

Love my CB Supertuck.

Love my Whitehat Maxtuck.

N82... not so much. Your mileage may vary, of course.

cpham9006
06-05-2012, 16:48
I've got one of the "Pro" versions (polycarbonate shell). I've worn it twice... couldn't get comfortable with it. The holster rides too high for me (and not adjustable). The top edge of the backing digs into my ribs. So, I'm not using it at all. It is very nicely made. But, it just doesn't fit me.

Love my CB Supertuck.

Love my Whitehat Maxtuck.

N82... not so much. Your mileage may vary, of course.

I too have the professional. The newest ones now have an adjustable cant. I use this holster for my XdSC40 and ive got to say, its pretty comfortable. But im always willing to try different holsters bc i have a theory that there is always something better out in the market. Reholster is easy depending on your cant, and yes it does ride high.

mtnglide
06-06-2012, 11:50
I have a Classic for my CM9 and it works very well for me. I will be purchasing another one for my P45.

Sharky7
06-06-2012, 14:17
Looks like it would be nice for easy on and off, but a 2 clip system always conceals better in my opinion. Don't like their original, I like having the option of re-holstering one handed if necessary.

AngryPanda
06-06-2012, 21:25
I dunno, it looks like someone sewed an uncle mikes nylon "holster" onto half a soft pistol case and called it good. I see they do have a kydex version, that would be the way I went if I ordered one.

Brandon G
06-06-2012, 21:31
i have 3 of the soft spandex type n82 holsters, i just ordered 2 of the hard profesional type. I always said that they would be perfect if you could reholster but with the old style you couldn't but with the new style you can. i will post again when i get them in

cluznar
06-06-2012, 21:50
Have a N82tactical Pro holster for my Ruger SR9c and it is Great! Comfortable, good retention, easy to draw and reholster.

BigBearCarolina
06-22-2012, 08:16
I dunno, it looks like someone sewed an uncle mikes nylon "holster" onto half a soft pistol case and called it good. I see they do have a kydex version, that would be the way I went if I ordered one.

Their Professional Series is not kydex, but polycarbonate. I bought one for my G23, and my G27 works fine in it too. The quality is top notch, with a tanned leather facing, a neoprene liner for cushion and sweatblocker, and a suede back. The more I carry it, the more I like it.

DeadHeadToo
06-22-2012, 13:46
I bought the professional version for my G21 (and my Kel-Tek PF9) and find them to be very comfortable and conceal well. They have a smooth draw and are easy to re-holster. No regrets at all with my purchase...