WI- Activist's civil rights complaint over gun arrests thrown out [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : WI- Activist's civil rights complaint over gun arrests thrown out

TBO
02-11-2012, 14:45
Activist's civil rights complaint over gun arrests thrown out

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/activists-civil-rights-complaint-over-gun-arrests-thrown-out-5g41vs6-138619934.html

Bill Lumberg
02-11-2012, 15:01
Look for attention. Get attention. Don't complain. But it should be noted that, while having some parallels with OC "activists" in general, this guy was hardly representative of permitees as a whole.

Dragoon44
02-11-2012, 17:15
isn't this the same guy that after he shot two guys decided to exercise his fifth amendment rights and refused to give a statement to the police or take the stand to testify in his own defense? and ended up getting sentenced to 20 years in prison.

RussP
02-11-2012, 17:33
isn't this the same guy that after he shot two guys decided to exercise his fifth amendment rights and refused to give a statement to the police or take the stand to testify in his own defense? and ended up getting sentenced to 20 years in prison.Yes, but I haven't read whether he refused to take the stand or was advised not to.

Dragoon44
02-11-2012, 18:36
Yes, but I haven't read whether he refused to take the stand or was advised not to.

Either way it is hard to claim self defense and have a jury believe you when you refuse to tell your side of the story.

RussP
02-11-2012, 18:44
Either way it is hard to claim self defense and have a jury believe you when you refuse to tell your side of the story.Yep, very true.

ithaca_deerslayer
02-11-2012, 18:50
Either way it is hard to claim self defense and have a jury believe you when you refuse to tell your side of the story.

Don't talk to the police, don't talk to the jury, don't talk to the prison guard. :rofl:

Patchman
02-11-2012, 18:55
For most defendants on trial claiming a "self defense" defense, actually going on the witness stand and testifying can be a dangerous thing. Not only because their story may fall apart, but their presence on the witness stand may give jurors negative impressions of one kind or another.

From what I remember of Gonzalez and the incident, I wouldn't let him on the stand.