Walking Dead second half of season two starts tomorrow [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead second half of season two starts tomorrow

emt1581
02-11-2012, 19:08
I'm hoping it's better than the first half of the season.

But yeah tomorrow night (2/12/12) at 9pm eastern it's on.

Something occurred to me. For as much as we hoard/store ammo here, there is not a single .22lr gun or brick of .22lr bulk to be had here. What gives? Nothing but pistols and shotguns...aside from the hunting rifle.

Where's the .22lr's at??

-Emt1581

Bolster
02-11-2012, 19:14
Yay! More TV!

cowboy1964
02-11-2012, 19:47
Bout time!

.50 cal
02-11-2012, 23:02
Great show, I like how the last episode ended

Javelin
02-11-2012, 23:03
Anyone know when this hits HULU or Netflix? I am waiting... and waiting ... waiting for it to show up in my que.

emt1581
02-11-2012, 23:04
Great show, I like how the last episode ended

I'm just hoping, now that the search is over for the little girl, the lack of action and boredom ended as well.

-Emt1581

.50 cal
02-12-2012, 19:49
I'm just hoping, now that the search is over for the little girl, the lack of action and boredom ended as well.

-Emt1581

Seriously, they all need to leave that farm, who cares about the Grammys? It's Walking Dead time

emt1581
02-12-2012, 19:53
Seriously, they all need to leave that farm, who cares about the Grammies? It's walking dead time

I'm thinking it'll be 2-3 episodes before they leave....but due to the water/power/food present at the farm, I'm thinking it may be the rest of the season and at least part of next year until they leave it.

Tonight episode is described as "A horrific discovery is made"....and since they all "discovered" the walkers in the barn last episode....I gotta see what can be more "horrific" than that...

I'm thinking it's something having to do with Hershel.

-Emt1581

TN.Frank
02-12-2012, 21:04
Looks like Rick has proven to Hershel that he's willing to protect the farm from outsiders. Love this series, glad it's back on.

LASTRESORT20
02-12-2012, 21:08
Looks like Rick has proven to Hershel that he's willing to protect the farm from outsiders. Love this series, glad it's back on.

Yes...agree ..Me too!

DaveG
02-12-2012, 21:16
This show presents a GREAT example for the prepare on what society can turn into at it's worst moments after a collapse.

Bodyarmorguy
02-12-2012, 21:18
If you think it's dangerous now with the zombies....wait until the robots come.

UneasyRider
02-12-2012, 21:24
I liked it. It had more drama, more story line and some shooting going on.

Aceman
02-12-2012, 21:29
I can't believe they didn't leave Glen on watch at the freakin' door! Then again, yes I can....

Aceman
02-12-2012, 21:29
Anyone know when this hits HULU or Netflix? I am waiting... and waiting ... waiting for it to show up in my que.

Season one was on netflix before Xmas.

emt1581
02-12-2012, 22:04
I can't believe they didn't leave Glen on watch at the freakin' door! Then again, yes I can....

Glen is not a killer or a fighter. He's an errand boy and worker at best. I was thinking the same...why is Glen not covering Rick!?! But again...look at his role in the series.

-Emt1581

emt1581
02-12-2012, 22:08
This show presents a GREAT example for the prepare on what society can turn into at it's worst moments after a collapse.

I said something similar in the GNG thread... NOW we are seeing that not everyone who survives a catastrophic event will be a good guy. Look at Katrina. Evil will eventually arrive. It's just a question of when and what it will take to be defeated.

-Emt1581

20South
02-12-2012, 22:09
Glen is not a killer or a fighter. He's an errand boy and worker at best. I was thinking the same...why is Glen not covering Rick!?! But again...look at his role in the series.

-Emt1581

They gave him a gun and I believe Rick was driving. So what else was he there for?

emt1581
02-12-2012, 22:17
They gave him a gun and I believe Rick was driving. So what else was he there for?

Sure he had a gun...so what? The initial conversation was that Glenn knew where to find the bar in question...not "hey I'm gonna need some cover".

Again, he's an errand boy and sometimes a worker. He's a bit too timid at this point in the series to be any kind of fighter/killer. Just look at his response to the tension in the bar. He didn't even raise his gun!! Even after Rick took care of the problem...he was still just standing there with the same blank stare.

Now that is not to say this event or the one coming up does not change him. But right now...Sheep to the bone! baaa baaa baaa!!!

-Emt1581

Syclone538
02-12-2012, 22:40

ch131.com is quick, usually within 1/2 hour or so. I don't think I've ever got a virus from them, but not sure. I've got a bunch from sites like it though, so keep that in mind.

Mushinto
02-12-2012, 23:13
If you think it's dangerous now with the zombies....wait until the robots come.

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Zombie-nerds-johnny-5.jpg

Holy sh1t, you're right. Now I have to figure out the perfect robot gun.

UneasyRider
02-13-2012, 07:11
I don't expect a lot out of television (that's why I don't watch too much of it) but if Walkers were everywhere you would go everywhere in teams with some of the weapons and ammunition that you would find at the nearest military base that got turned and not those revolvers, lever guns and shotguns that the television people think a group of survivors and a couple of cops would be carrying. You just can't expect that much from Hollywood as their brains only understand what the media feeds them.

Aceman
02-13-2012, 07:58
A couple of notes regarding the show in general:

#1 APPEAL = RATINGS = $$$; There will be a lot more "human drama" and such. Just killing zed all day long = BORING to most, including me. Still, I'd like the action ramped up a bit. But I'll get sick of Zed too.

#2 The world will still be full of weak/strong, nice/mean, smart/dumb, sensible/crazy people when it's over.

I still say it is an AWESOME "What would you do here" show.

I will say i did like that as soon as the two guys split that Rick got his A game on. If I were Glen, I'd have had Mr. Mossberg on the big guy from behind the bar. Rick never would have had to turn around. Then again I would have told Glen to watch the door for zed if nothing else!

The guys were skeeby from the beginning.

Bilbo Bagins
02-13-2012, 09:14

Denim jacket, Straw Hat, bandana = Hillbilly Robots, the worst kind of robot.

TN.Frank
02-13-2012, 11:49
I wouldn't be much of a stretch to replace the Zombies with inner city folks on welfare and food stamps who didn't get their checks once the Government runs out of money . I'm sure hordes of those folks will be hitting the country side looking for either a handout or to rob and plunder from folks that can't defend themselves. Zombies are just good practice for the real deal when it happens and if you don't think it can look at what's going on in Greece right now. Riots in the street, lawlessness, anarchy. No reason it couldn't happen here with the way the U.S. Government is getting us deeper into debt.

Kieller
02-13-2012, 12:21
First episode wasn't bad. I think we are definitely going to see more bad guy type survivors from that group though! Thanks for growing some b@llz Rick and doing what needed to be done.

BTW, my wife is even yelling at Rick's wife and how seriously unglued and crazy her actions are. She gonna get folks hurt.

Bodyarmorguy
02-13-2012, 12:38

Denim jacket, Straw Hat, bandana = Hillbilly Robots, the worst kind of robot.

Oh hell, I guess there is some validity to that ballistic testing when you shoot through denim after all!! Must be Canadian robots.

Bodyarmorguy
02-13-2012, 12:40
Zombies are just good practice for the real deal when it happens and if you don't think it can look at what's going on in Greece right now. Riots in the street, lawlessness, anarchy.

And robots....don't forget the robots.

emt1581
02-13-2012, 14:15
A couple of notes regarding the show in general:

#1 APPEAL = RATINGS = $$$; There will be a lot more "human drama" and such. Just killing zed all day long = BORING to most, including me. Still, I'd like the action ramped up a bit. But I'll get sick of Zed too.

#2 The world will still be full of weak/strong, nice/mean, smart/dumb, sensible/crazy people when it's over.

I still say it is an AWESOME "What would you do here" show.

I will say i did like that as soon as the two guys split that Rick got his A game on. If I were Glen, I'd have had Mr. Mossberg on the big guy from behind the bar. Rick never would have had to turn around. Then again I would have told Glen to watch the door for zed if nothing else!

The guys were skeeby from the beginning.

I would have taken Shane instead....or Carl for that matter.

-Emt1581

emt1581
02-13-2012, 14:17
I wouldn't be much of a stretch to replace the Zombies with inner city folks on welfare and food stamps who didn't get their checks once the Government runs out of money . I'm sure hordes of those folks will be hitting the country side looking for either a handout or to rob and plunder from folks that can't defend themselves. Zombies are just good practice for the real deal when it happens and if you don't think it can look at what's going on in Greece right now. Riots in the street, lawlessness, anarchy. No reason it couldn't happen here with the way the U.S. Government is getting us deeper into debt.

Do a search for my thread... "What happens when the handouts stop". We've been discussing it for a year or two now and dozens of pages.

My concern is that reality never seems to set in. The governments of the world continue to BS their way out of trouble, with VERY rare exceptions, and nothing ever happens to reflect reality...

-Emt1581

Bodyarmorguy
02-13-2012, 16:27
Insurance against such attacks:

http://www.digyourowngrave.com/saturday-night-live-old-glory-robot-insurance/

Mushinto
02-13-2012, 23:31
Insurance against such attacks:

http://www.digyourowngrave.com/saturday-night-live-old-glory-robot-insurance/

:rofl:

WilyCoyote
02-14-2012, 05:02
Great show, loved the end of the first episode, but gawd, I almost died of a commercial break overdose.

itslucky
02-14-2012, 08:52
Rick and crew represent the conservatives here in America who are fighting for their very existence and survival while the zombies represent the liberals who are feeding on the conservatives and are ruining society
:duel:

Dexters
02-14-2012, 09:05
Rick and crew represent the conservatives here in America who are fighting for their very existence and survival while the zombies represent the liberals who are feeding on the conservatives and are ruining society

Considering that everyone not a Z has the virus (?) in them that turns them into a Z when they die; you are saying we are all liberals in the end.

I don't think your analogy is correct - no matter what size font you use.

Syclone538
02-14-2012, 10:23
Considering that everyone not a Z has the virus (?) in them that turns them into a Z when they die; you are saying we are all liberals in the end.

I don't think your analogy is correct - no matter what size font you use.

Do we know that? Has anyone died from something other then a zombie killing them? I was thinking it was from a bite.

Dexters
02-14-2012, 10:38
Do we know that?

Yes, go to the other TWD thread - it is explained there.

TangoFoxtrot
02-14-2012, 10:44
You guys know this zombie show isn't real?...right?...ok

Syclone538
02-14-2012, 10:55
Yes, go to the other TWD thread - it is explained there.

In S&P?

Steff1
02-14-2012, 11:13
Don't forget "Falling Sky's" is starting up again...

TN.Frank
02-14-2012, 14:40
Do we know that? Has anyone died from something other then a zombie killing them? I was thinking it was from a bite.

Lots of folks on the Freeway were still dead in their cars/trucks from the crash. You'll only become a Zombie if you get bitten and die, death from natural causes won't turn you.

Yep, this Summer from what I've heard. Glad to see it'll be back unlike "Detroit 187" and "Heros". Which were a couple of my favorite shows.

random southpaw
02-14-2012, 15:11
I am enjoying this show.

With respect to the comment about how survivors would likely get military weapons/ammo, that does seem likely.

However, for the sake of the story, it appears that the writers' are going with the perspective that you use what you have on hand when the SHTF.

I'm OK with that because it may wake up some sheep and cause them to buy a firearm or two, along with some ammo.

Dexters
02-14-2012, 15:22
You'll only become a Zombie if you get bitten and die, death from natural causes won't turn you.

That is not correct.

The people in the car were not infected before they died.

TN.Frank
02-14-2012, 17:08
That is not correct.

The people in the car were not infected before they died.

What is not correct? You only get infected if you're bitten or come in contact with Zombie fluids into an open wound. If you die from natural causes you'll NOT turn into a Zombie.
The two guys that Rick shot in the bar won't turn, they were killed by Gun Shot Wounds and were not infected Soooooo, they won't turn. :cool:

Dexters
02-14-2012, 17:11
What is not correct? You only get infected if you're bitten or come in contact with Zombie fluids into an open wound. If you die from natural causes you'll NOT turn into a Zombie.
The two guys that Rick shot in the bar won't turn, they were killed by Gun Shot Wounds and were not infected Soooooo, they won't turn. :cool:

Wrong -
Go to the other thread - this was all covered awhile ago.

UneasyRider
02-14-2012, 17:17

But they would turn on death alone if they were in Adrian's Undead Diary...

TN.Frank
02-14-2012, 17:25
Wrong -
Go to the other thread - this was all covered awhile ago.

Can you please post a link.:dunno: Thanks.

Syclone538
02-14-2012, 22:17
Can you please post a link.:dunno: Thanks.

I thought he would post a link after I asked him if the other thread was in S&P.

Mushinto
02-14-2012, 22:40

I can't wait. They show the danger of the robots. :dunno:

B.Reid
02-15-2012, 00:00
I can't wait. They show the danger of the robots. :dunno:

Thats another good show.

WilyCoyote
02-15-2012, 03:52
I would have taken Shane instead....or Carl for that matter.

-Emt1581

You guys have been really hard on Glen, but he's a badass, really. A true tunnel rat. Don't forget how we were introduced to him, he saved Rick from the tank...More recently, he strapped up and volunteered to be roped down the well. He, in a lot of ways, has more balls than anyone else in the group. He's just a little nieve so I don't think he picked up on the gravity of the underlying tension at the bar in the last episode. His time will come. I'd personally take him over any of the other, lying, backstabbing, secret keeping, fence sitting tools in that group.

TN.Frank
02-15-2012, 08:00
I googled it and found on Yahoo Answers that some think the virus is airborne and that Rick may have already been dead and came back but as a "normal" human. Since he transfused his son, Carl that will pass it on to him as well.
May be the reason why the girl got sick last show, she's running a fever but didn't get bitten, go figure that one out.
So, I think what some of ya'll are saying is that EVERYONE is infected and it only takes effect after death.
I did notice that Rick shot the fat guy in the bar in the head, don't know if he shot the other guy in the head though.
In most Classic Zombie movies you only get infected if you're bitten/get Zombie fluids in open wounds, guess they're going after a different take with this show.
Since I don't read the books I have only what I see on TV to go by.

emt1581
02-15-2012, 18:11
You guys have been really hard on Glen, but he's a badass, really. A true tunnel rat. Don't forget how we were introduced to him, he saved Rick from the tank...More recently, he strapped up and volunteered to be roped down the well. He, in a lot of ways, has more balls than anyone else in the group. He's just a little nieve so I don't think he picked up on the gravity of the underlying tension at the bar in the last episode. His time will come. I'd personally take him over any of the other, lying, backstabbing, secret keeping, fence sitting tools in that group.

I've gotta disagree here.

He "saved" Rick but from a safe location. It's not like he risked anything by doing it (other than taking a chance on Rick).

But when push comes to shove I don't even think he's got potential to be a nasty mofo. Unlike Carl or hell even Dale (I'm starting to see killer's eyes in that guy. I just keep waiting for him to let Shane get far enough away and then put his head between the cross hairs...you wait!! Unless he saves Dales life I seriously see Dale killing him! ) But yeah, zero potential for any aggression in Glenn...ballsy, bobbin and weaving for sure, but I doubt he could hurt a fly.

-Emt1581

TangoFoxtrot
02-16-2012, 10:47
Okay I thought this was the S&P forum :upeyes:

runcible68
02-18-2012, 23:47
I'm probably in the minority here, but I liked the whole farm thing. It all led up to Sophie coming out of that barn - one of the most poignant moments I've ever seen on TV. My girlfriend cried her eyes out.

The farm was the necessary/character/plot line development calm before the storm. Now it'll get really interesting.

And when Rick blew those dudes away in the barn, we saw the steel in his character. I predict he'll be shooting Shane before the series is over. It's gonna get good.

runcible68
02-18-2012, 23:53
I wouldn't be much of a stretch to replace the Zombies with inner city folks on welfare and food stamps who didn't get their checks once the Government runs out of money . I'm sure hordes of those folks will be hitting the country side looking for either a handout or to rob and plunder from folks that can't defend themselves. Zombies are just good practice for the real deal when it happens...

I think you meant to post this on Stormfront. Wrong forum, dude.

Syclone538
02-19-2012, 00:09
I think you meant to post this on Stormfront. Wrong forum, dude.

After a serious event, I think people 5-15 miles from the outer belt of most large cities are going to start seeing very desperate people from downtown. Do you disagree with that?

runcible68
02-19-2012, 00:17
I don't disagree that people from the cities will move out into the country if a calamity strikes. But the gentleman's comments are indicative of his mindset and values. When people say "the inner city" they don't mean people living in Midtown Manhattan. And the whole "zombies are good practice until the real thing comes?" Gimme a break. Let's acknowledge what this guy wrote for what it is.

I stand by my comment. That poster gives gun owners a bad name.

emt1581
02-19-2012, 00:30
I don't disagree that people from the cities will move out into the country if a calamity strikes. But the gentleman's comments are indicative of his mindset and values. When people say "the inner city" they don't mean people living in Midtown Manhattan. And the whole "zombies are good practice until the real thing comes?" Gimme a break. Let's acknowledge what this guy wrote for what it is.

I stand by my comment. That poster gives gun owners a bad name.

I don't think he does. And you might not like what he said and/or how he said it but it is the truth.

I would hope he as well as ALL of us would hope we never have to fire a shot in defense of our selves/families but in reality it's a real possibility if and when the have-nots get the public teat pulled away...

and just so we're not worrying about semantics here, I am talking about the welfare receiving, food stamp selling, entitlement class that lives in public housing and still drives BMW's...and keep asking for more. Google "zombies as a metaphor" and you will see thousands of discussions on the similarities between brain eaters and free loaders.

-Emt1581

runcible68
02-19-2012, 00:46
I dated a girl in Harlem and didn't see too many Beemers in the project parking lots.

Are there welfare frauds out there? Sure. Lot of them live in the country too. They drive F-150s all over their trailer parks while high on meth. Oy! Am I stereotyping again? Sorry.

emt1581
02-19-2012, 00:57
I dated a girl in Harlem and didn't see too many Beemers in the project parking lots.

Are there welfare frauds out there? Sure. Lot of them live in the country too. They drive F-150s all over their trailer parks while high on meth. Oy! Am I stereotyping again? Sorry.

Not sure what in-depth experience you have working with those who come from the projects but I can assure you, at least in this region, they are as close to zombies as you can get. They serve no purpose other than to consume what they have not earned, complain about how little they are receiving and ask for more every chance they get. It's the entitlement class our government has created as a result of our society's pacifism.

And fraud is pretty much the norm. They learn how the system works and spend their life playing the game. This has been going on for generations.

Zombies at least have an excuse...

-Emt1581

runcible68
02-19-2012, 01:05
I studied for the ministry and worked in mental health for years. My knowledge of welfare recipients and people living in public housing is extensive. During that time, I met people of all races and creeds who were dead beats. But most of the people I met were good folks trying to get by. The whole "mobs of people going nuts when their check doesn't arrive" stuff is just hyperbolic nonsense. And I think the word "zombie" when used in this context is just a code word as cover for racist sensibilities. That's my opinion. You have yours. Fine. We'll probably just have to disagree on this one. Best wishes.

emt1581
02-19-2012, 01:13
I studied for the ministry and worked in mental health for years. My knowledge of welfare recipients and people living in public housing is extensive. During that time, I met people of all races and creeds who were dead beats. But most of the people I met were good folks trying to get by. The whole "mobs of people going nuts when their check doesn't arrive" stuff is just hyperbolic nonsense. And I think the word "zombie" when used in this context is just a code word as cover for racist sensibilities. That's my opinion. You have yours. Fine. We'll probably just have to disagree on this one. Best wishes.

I've got over a decade of experience in mental health. An MS, license and am admin at the local kiddie prison. Part of my job means I once in a while go to the projects and ghettos where most of the kids come from. They are filled with people who are as I described earlier.

What do you think they will do when their check, stamps, handouts are taken away? Are they going to cry, suck it up, and look for a job?? Is that the mentality that had them on welfare in the first place??

Might want to chime in here...

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1202332&highlight=handouts

-Emt1581

runcible68
02-19-2012, 01:16
Then you and I have walked on the same side of the street and see things differently. That's life. Have a good night.

B.Reid
02-19-2012, 08:57

If they are all races and creeds then how could it be a racist statement?

UneasyRider
02-19-2012, 09:30
If they are all races and creeds then how could it be a racist statement?

You know the answer to your question already.

When I sold cars I found that people, a lot of people, who had terrible credit were best described as those people who if they won the lottery tomorrow still wouldn't pay their bills.

Anyone who thinks that the criminal mindset of those who are always looking to take from those who earn won't get turned into high gear in tough times does not truly understand human nature. For the record I too think that these are mostly nice people with easy smiles and a family to support or be a part of when you are not their prey.

B.Reid
02-19-2012, 09:51
You know the answer to your question already.

When I sold cars I found that people, a lot of people, who had terrible credit were best described as those people who if they won the lottery tomorrow still wouldn't pay their bills.

Anyone who thinks that the criminal mindset of those who are always looking to take from those who earn won't get turned into high gear in tough times does not truly understand human nature. For the record I too think that these are mostly nice people with easy smiles and a family to support or be a part of when you are not their prey.

I agree there are those people but what does race have to do with it?

mac66
02-19-2012, 09:58
Let's clear this up right now. If you die for whatever reason, you come back as a zombie. That's why "head shots for everyone" is SOP. It was explained in the comic book that way and in earlier episodes of the show. Let's stop debating it.

Lampshade
02-19-2012, 10:44
Let's clear this up right now. If you die for whatever reason, you come back as a zombie. That's why "head shots for everyone" is SOP. It was explained in the comic book that way and in earlier episodes of the show. Let's stop debating it.

When in the show was it established that persons who die for reasons other than being bit come back as walkers?

UneasyRider
02-19-2012, 11:14
I agree there are those people but what does race have to do with it?

You know the answer to that question, and I am not going down that road my friend.

TN.Frank
02-19-2012, 11:21
When in the show was it established that persons who die for reasons other than being bit come back as walkers?

That's a good question. I've not seen anything in the show to suggest that if a person dies from natural causes(or even unnatural ones like a gun shot wound) that they'll come back. Not read the comic book so I can't comment on that, folks that have read it have those of us that's not at a disadvantage because they've got a leg up on things.
Guess we'll find out more tonight if/when Herschel gets back to the farm and gives his daughter a look over to see why she's running a fever and is sick.

Dexters
02-19-2012, 11:30
That's a good question. I've not seen anything in the show to suggest that if a person dies from natural causes(or even unnatural ones like a gun shot wound) that they'll come back.

Yes, you did.

The people in the cars - before the little girl got lost - did not turn into Zs because they did not breath in the Z infection before they died.

Also, the guy with the tent they found while searching for the little girl. He hung himself, died and turned.

You just aren't putting all the info together.

Syclone538
02-19-2012, 11:35
So your supposed evidence that people that die from something other then bits come back, is dead people in cars that did not come back???

edit

Ok, finally something. The guy who hung himself. I'll have to watch that one again.

Dexters
02-19-2012, 11:59
So your supposed evidence that people that die from something other then bits come back, is dead people in cars that did not come back???

edit

Ok, finally something. The guy who hung himself. I'll have to watch that one again.

I guess people like you are expecting some to look into the camera and say Syclone538 ...

If you breath the 'Z virus' in, your immune system can fight it (not eliminate it) until you die from some other cause. After dying the 'Z virus' takes over and turns you into a Z.

If you get bit by a Z the 'Z virus' overwhelms your immune system, you die and become a Z

You stop/kill a Z by hitting it in the head/brains.

If you died before you could breath in the 'Z virus' you didn't turn into a Z after you died.
==============

Do you need to know how Rick's wife became pregnant? I don't think any of the characters explained that in the show.

Stevekozak
02-19-2012, 12:35
Yes, you did.

The people in the cars - before the little girl got lost - did not turn into Zs because they did not breath in the Z infection before they died.

Also, the guy with the tent they found while searching for the little girl. He hung himself, died and turned.

I am not convinced that that guy hung himself.

Stevekozak
02-19-2012, 12:39
I have worked in public social work and the welfare system for years. Very few of the ppl that are in the welfare system are "good folks trying to get by". While they are not mostly terrible folks wanting to hurt anyone, most of them are voluntary deadbeats that would rather be handed something than work for it. There are a few ppl that use the system for what it was supposedly designed for, getting past a rough spot in life, but very very few. And yes, when they don't get what they want, they do get belligerant and demanding for their "entitlements".

Dexters
02-19-2012, 12:40
I am not convinced that that guy hung himself.

Well ...

don't leave us

hanging ...

what

and

how did it happen?

Stevekozak
02-19-2012, 12:50
Well ...

don't leave us

hanging ...

what

and

how did it happen?
Oh, I don't have any plot lines, I just figured someone else hung him up there when he died, to keep him from getting to munch on someone. He could have hung himself, after being bitten to keep his undead body from hurting anyone. I just don't find his hanging to be any sort of proof that unbitten ppl become Z's when they die. Premise seems weak to me, based only on the actual show. Never read the GNs so don't know what happened in them.]

emt1581
02-19-2012, 13:09
Oh, I don't have any plot lines, I just figured someone else hung him up there when he died, to keep him from getting to munch on someone. He could have hung himself, after being bitten to keep his undead body from hurting anyone. I just don't find his hanging to be any sort of proof that unbitten ppl become Z's when they die. Premise seems weak to me, based only on the actual show. Never read the GNs so don't know what happened in them.]

I've never done it, thought I've seen either leopards or cheetahs do it on nature shows...anyway...ever try to drag a body up a tree??

The average human can CLIMB a tree fairly well. I'm not sure same could be said for dragging one up there. Same would go for throwing the rope over the branch and hauling him up there (maybe even using a vehicle). If that were the case we'd see the anchor on the ground area/trunk somewhere. Not sure if we can get a screen shot but that would help.

My money says he hung himself.

As far as the zombie virus....within a few seasons I'm sure it'll be pretty clear. Either that or the writers will step on their own logic and confuse everyone.

-Emt1581

Dexters
02-19-2012, 14:03

Weakness is a subjective thing.

If we go your route then the only way Zs happen is that there was this one Z who bit someone, who just happens to get away and then that person dies becomes a Z then bites some who just happens to get away before he is eaten by the Z who just happens ...

That is weaker than the 'Z virus' explanation above.

With the 'Z virus' there is the potential for more Zs & more tension because if a person gets sick you have to watch them and be concerned if they will die then become a Z and more potential for the story to go on than there is by biting alone.

As I said you saw proof of the 'Z virus' you just haven't put all the clues together.

Lampshade
02-19-2012, 14:04
Yes, you did.

That is complete conjecture on your part.

There hasn't been a single suggestion in the TV show that people who die from non bite related causes come back as walkers.

The guy who hung himself got bit. He left a note, saying such.

"World went to ****, got bit, might as well quit".

The guy who was in the tent that they found blew his head off.

B.Reid
02-19-2012, 14:07
Yes, you did.

The note he left said he had been bit.

TN.Frank
02-19-2012, 14:19
That is complete conjecture on your part.

There hasn't been a single suggestion in the TV show that people who die from non bite related causes come back as walkers.

Like I said, there were dead bodies in the cars on the freeway, this was AFTER the virus hit and people were fleeing the city, they didn't become walkers because they'd not been bitten to contract the virus. They dies from car crash so they stayed dead and did not come back.

Dexters
02-19-2012, 14:20
I guess people like you are expecting some to look into the camera and say Syclone538 ...

If you breath the 'Z virus' in, your immune system can fight it (not eliminate it) until you die from some other cause. After dying the 'Z virus' takes over and turns you into a Z.

If you get bit by a Z the 'Z virus' overwhelms your immune system, you die and become a Z

You stop/kill a Z by hitting it in the head/brains.

If you died before you could breath in the 'Z virus' you didn't turn into a Z after you died.
==============

Do you need to know how Rick's wife became pregnant? I don't think any of the characters explained that in the show.

Weakness is a subjective thing.

If we go your route then the only way Zs happen is that there was this one Z who bit someone, who just happens to get away and then that person dies becomes a Z then bites some who just happens to get away before he is eaten by the Z who just happens ...

That is weaker than the 'Z virus' explanation above.

With the 'Z virus' there is the potential for more Zs & more tension because if a person gets sick you have to watch them and be concerned if they will die then become a Z and more potential for the story to go on than there is by biting alone.

As I said you saw proof of the 'Z virus' you just haven't put all the clues together.

That is a complete conjecture on your part.

Of course - see above.

That you've put together - see above.

The guy who hung himself got bit. He left a note, saying such.

"World went to ****, got bit, might as well quit".

The guy who was in the tent that they found blew his head off.

Didn't the guy in the tent write the note?

Lampshade
02-19-2012, 14:28
What is your explanation for why they didn't turn?

I would suspect its because they died without ever getting bit.

Biting alone can not explain the number of Zs

it doesn't make sense that so many people got one bit, didn't get eaten but escaped, died and turned on the streets somehow.

Honestly, I think you may simply be failing to adequately suspend disbelief.

Your theory could have merit, but the show certainly has not supported it as yet.

Didn't the guy in the tent write the note?

The guy in the tent and the guy who was found hanging with his legs eaten to the bone are two totally different guys from totally different scenes.

Dexters
02-19-2012, 14:48
I would suspect its because they died without ever getting bit.

Honestly, I think you may simply be failing to adequately suspend disbelief.

Dude - I believe in Zs - I hate it when people don't understand them, their world, their plight and the plight of The Walking Dead who inhabit that world with the Zs.

And you don't understand suspension of disbelief. It doesn't mean suspension of what we know from the story.

We know that Zs try to catch and eat people. So, if the only way for a person to become a Z was from a bite, they would have to get bitten, get away (how many times have you seen that so far?) , die and the come back as a Z. You don't get the hordes of Zs we have seen that way. There must be another way then biting to become a Z.

To think that Zs can only come about by biting (because a character didn't give a tutorial about the 'Z virus' transmission to the audience) ignores the complexity and dimensions of The Walking Dead world.

To think that Zs can only come about by biting relegates them to cliches.

"Goodnight, sweet dreams, don't let the zombies bite!"

emt1581
02-19-2012, 14:59
They dies from car crash so they stayed dead and did not come back.

If we're talking about the same dead people in vehicles I'd love to know how a lethal impact happens in gridlock. Then again I don't remember if the vehicles in question were banged up.

-Emt1581

TN.Frank
02-19-2012, 17:14
If we're talking about the same dead people in vehicles I'd love to know how a lethal impact happens in gridlock. Then again I don't remember if the vehicles in question were banged up.

-Emt1581

Not all the cars/trucks are in gridlock, the ones at the back of the pack are still toolin' along at 70mph without a clue that there about to hit a wall of stopped vehicles. Heck, I've seen it happen without a Zombie Apocalypse having taken place. :upeyes:

Ok, did some more digging and found this web site:
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies
"nterestingly, during the second season of the TV series, as the group is stopped on the highway there are multiple dead and decayed bodies that have not reanimated. The reason for this is unknown."
From what I've read maybe they suffered head trauma in the accidents which would destroy the brain and stop them from coming back.
Since it does look like everyone is infected.
"Following classic Romero-rules, everyone who dies, for any reason, will re-animate as a zombie. Even someone killed by a gunshot wound with no zombies involved at all will re-animate as a zombie. Zombie bites are not how the "infection" is spread. Instead, zombie bites and saliva cause infections that are 100% lethal. Characters have speculated, but cannot confirm, that whatever causes zombies to re-animate is some sort of virus that everyone in the world is technically infected with but is only triggered by death. It is known, however, that upon death, it can take anytime between three minutes and eight hours for the corpse to reanimate."
Looks like if they can't find a way to counter act the virus the world is basically screwed.

G22Racer
02-20-2012, 19:42
In the comics and in the book, "Rise of the Governor", which is part of the series, it is explained that even those that die of natural causes come back as a zombie. In "The Governor", one character's father died of a stroke (or lung disease) and then came back as a zombie while they were still morning his death a few minutes later.

Dexters
02-20-2012, 19:54
In the comics and in the book, "Rise of the Governor", which is part of the series, it is explained that even those that die of natural causes come back as a zombie. In "The Governor", one character's father died of a stroke (or lung disease) and then came back as a zombie while they were still morning his death a few minutes later.

Yea, but there people who won't believe that until one of the characters say it out loud.

G22Racer
02-20-2012, 20:00
From the Wiki:

"Following classic Romero-rules, everyone who dies, for any reason, will re-animate as a zombie. Even someone killed by a gunshot wound with no zombies involved at all will re-animate as a zombie. Zombie bites are not how the "infection" is spread. Instead, zombie bites and saliva cause infections that are 100% lethal. Characters have speculated, but cannot confirm, that whatever causes zombies to re-animate is some sort of virus that everyone in the world is technically infected with but is only triggered by death. It is known, however, that upon death, it can take anytime between three minutes and eight hours for the corpse to reanimate."

There, I read it on the interwebz, so it must be true....

Dexters
02-20-2012, 20:03
Looks like if they can't find a way to counter act the virus the world is basically screwed.

My understanding is that the Spanish Flu was found all over the world.

This being a fiction - I think there will be rumors of a place without the 'Z virus'

But, really, once you know that everyone has it it changes how you treat the sick and the dead.

You will watch the sick (chain them up) so that if they die you can handle them.

For the dead; you have to scramble their brains before you bury them.

emt1581
02-20-2012, 20:07
Not all the cars/trucks are in gridlock, the ones at the back of the pack are still toolin' along at 70mph without a clue that there about to hit a wall of stopped vehicles. Heck, I've seen it happen without a Zombie Apocalypse having taken place. :upeyes:

Ok, did some more digging and found this web site:
"nterestingly, during the second season of the TV series, as the group is stopped on the highway there are multiple dead and decayed bodies that have not reanimated. The reason for this is unknown."
From what I've read maybe they suffered head trauma in the accidents which would destroy the brain and stop them from coming back.
Since it does look like everyone is infected.

Ok, I know we're talking about zombies and re-animation of the human body...but how in the hell does every human on the planet get infected with anything??...even if remaining dormant in the system until a certain point. :dunno:

-Emt1581

TN.Frank
02-21-2012, 04:48
Ok, I know we're talking about zombies and re-animation of the human body...but how in the hell does every human on the planet get infected with anything??...even if remaining dormant in the system until a certain point. :dunno:

-Emt1581

I guess the virus is airborne like the Bird Flu or SARS and with our modern travel a virus can travel around the globe in no time flat.
I'd still like to see someone who's died from natural causes come back as a walker though, just to clue all of us in as to who has the virus, i.e. everyone on the planet.LOL.

mac66
02-21-2012, 10:32

Well, I am not going to go back through every episode and find it for you. You'll just have to trust me on it. :supergrin:

Lampshade
02-21-2012, 13:43
Well, I am not going to go back through every episode and find it for you. You'll just have to trust me on it. :supergrin:

It has not been established.

ZombieKing
02-21-2012, 14:48
It has not been established in the show that one can become a Zombie by just dying.

However I do believe that Dr.Jenner told Rick this at the end of season one but Rick hasn't confirmed that yet to the others. I believe this is why Rick in the bar shot the one guy in the head and then after shooting the fat guy went up to him and made sure to shoot the fat guy in the head.

In the comic book they confirm that anyone who dies can become a Zombie when Rick goes back to Shane's grave and digs him up. Shane had been shot to death and was not bitten. After that point in the comic book they know that just dying is good enough to turn into a Zombie.

As for the the TV show and the bodies on the road....

There are two possibilities:

#1 The bodies brains were damaged by the Zombies that attacked the car owners. If a zombie attacks you and eats your brain it's a good guess you're not Zombifying. :)

#2 The bodies we see were former Zombies who got hit in the head and we just didn't see the head wounds.

ZombieKing
02-21-2012, 15:12

It should be easy to remember.

Because that would be a major turning point in the show for the characters.

I've seen every episode as well and at no point have they said that just dying turns one into a Zombie.

Until the bar scene our group of heroes had not killed a normal human or seen a normal human die from causes other then Zombie bites.

They've only shot Zombies and the normal humans that were bitten.

As far as our heroes are concerned the only way to become a Zombie is to get bit but as I said above I do believe that Dr.Jenner told Rick about everyone is already infected.

Dexters
02-21-2012, 15:18
It has not been established.

... for the people who need a character to say it ... or see it happen ...

It is absurd to think that the only way for it to spread is from a bite ... but after getting bit, get away

... and that so many people got bit, got away, and then came back to life ...

... seriously ...

... cities became overrun that way with Zs ...

So, Lampshade, how did the Zs take over so fast?

Explain how by biting alone lead to the Zs taking over.

Dexters
02-21-2012, 15:22
I

#1 The bodies brains were damaged by the Zombies that attacked the car owners. If a zombie attacks you and eats your brain it's a good guess you're not Zombifying. :)

#2 The bodies we see were former Zombies who got hit in the head and we just didn't see the head wounds.

#3 The people in the cars did not breath in the 'Z virus' before they died ... so the 'Z virus' was not in their bodies to turn them into Zs.

Breath in the 'Z virus' before you die and your immune system can fight it off ... die the virus turns you into a Z ... get bit by a Z the virus overwhelmed your immune system and you die ... return as a Z.

TN.Frank
02-21-2012, 15:30
I
I've seen every episode as well and at no point have they said that just dying turns one into a Zombie.

Ditto. In fact I don't think I've heard anyone say how the entire thing even got started. Who was Patient Zero, did he get injected in a medical experiment or was there a mass "resurrection" of dead folks because of some kind of outside influence like the Virus that was brought back by the Satellite in "Night of the Living Dead"
Also, Rick just shot the fat guy in the head, the other guy(Dave IIRC) was only shot once and died behind the bar. Wonder if we'll see him as a walker in future shows.
I really think passing the virus on to others should be like Rabies where it takes a bite. In Zombieland you had to get bitten to turn. Bill Murphy was shot in the chest by the kid and died and he didn't turn, death by other then Zombies didn't result in becoming a Zombie, it just made you dead.:supergrin:

Syclone538
02-21-2012, 15:32
It has not been established in the show that one can become a Zombie by just dying.

However I do believe that Dr.Jenner told Rick this at the end of season one but Rick hasn't confirmed that yet to the others. I believe this is why Rick in the bar shot the one guy in the head and then after shooting the fat guy went up to him and made sure to shoot the fat guy in the head.

In the comic book they confirm

Not cool.

ZombieKing
02-21-2012, 15:33
#3 The people in the cars did not breath in the 'Z virus' before they died ... so the 'Z virus' was not in their bodies to turn them into Zs.

Breath in the 'Z virus' before you die and your immune system can fight it off ... die the virus turns you into a Z ... get bit by a Z the virus overwhelmed your immune system and you die ... return as a Z.

I'm going to go back and watch the episode just for you.

The show follows the comic book. Everyone is infected. Anyone who dies comes back as a Zombie unless their death involves major brain trauma.

ZombieKing
02-21-2012, 15:35
Not cool.

Not cool what?

The comic has been out since 2003. It's not a secret.

Syclone538
02-21-2012, 15:38
Not cool what?

The comic has been out since 2003. It's not a secret.

It is to to everyone that watches the show and hasn't read the comics. I haven't even seen any comic book in probably 15 years, or have any idea where to find one.

More people watch the show then read the comic.

ZombieKing
02-21-2012, 15:40
Also, Rick just shot the fat guy in the head, the other guy(Dave IIRC) was only shot once and died behind the bar. Wonder if we'll see him as a walker in future shows.

I thought he was shot in the chest but if you go back and watch it carefully (thank you DVR) it hsows he was shot in the head.

I really think passing the virus on to others should be like Rabies where it takes a bite.

It would be too easy to contain then. You'd have your initial outbreaks and then it would level off as people got a handle on it. Don't get bit = don't turn.

But imangine Rick's world where the newly dead world-wide start waking up. It would be impossible to contain.

Dexters
02-21-2012, 15:41
I'm going to go back and watch the episode just for you.

The show follows the comic book. Everyone is infected. Anyone who dies comes back as a Zombie unless their death involves major brain trauma.

... and why are you telling me this?

ZombieKing
02-21-2012, 15:47
It is to to everyone that watches the show and hasn't read the comics. I haven't even seen any comic book in probably 15 years, or have any idea where to find one.

More people watch the show then read the comic.

Why are you harassing me then? Not read the thread where it was already mentioned before I posted?

It's also been discussed in other Walking Dead threads.

Life goes on.....

ZombieKing
02-21-2012, 15:50
... and why are you telling me this?

Because you seem intent on pushing the theory that the people in those cars died from an accident.

But upon remembering the episode there was at most one or two bodies in the cars. The cars were spread out and only a few had damage. It didn't look like a massive pileup. In fact it looked as if they were traveling together and it looked as if the cars were attacked by Zombies especially when JT saw the baby seat that was smeared in blood.

I contend the people on the ground were Zombies. The bodies in the cars? Killed with head shots by their own hand or someone elses.

Dexters
02-21-2012, 16:32
Because you seem intent on pushing the theory that the people in those cars died from an accident.

But upon remembering the episode there was at most one or two bodies in the cars. The cars were spread out and only a few had damage. It didn't look like a massive pileup. In fact it looked as if they were traveling together and it looked as if the cars were attacked by Zombies especially when JT saw the baby seat that was smeared in blood.

I contend the people on the ground were Zombies. The bodies in the cars? Killed with head shots by their own hand or someone elses.

Go back and read my posts, before you make such statements.

Also, there was the guy in the truck where the kid found the knives.

Lampshade
02-21-2012, 16:47
... for the people who need a character to say it ... or see it happen ...

Buddy, you have your theory and that's great.

It may have merit, it may not.

Mac66 has made the specific claim that the show 'explains in earlier episodes' that anyone who dies for any reason comes back as a walker.

The show has not explained that, and that is a simple fact.

It is absurd to think that the only way for it to spread is from a bite ... but after getting bit, get away

... and that so many people got bit, got away, and then came back to life ...

... seriously ...

... cities became overrun that way with Zs ...

So, Lampshade, how did the Zs take over so fast?

Explain how by biting alone lead to the Zs taking over.

Like I already told you twice now, your theory may be accurate, but that doesn't mean the show has given credence to such a notion yet.

Based on info coming in about the comic books, it seems that everyone that dies does come back, but the show certainly has not gone there yet.

Dexters
02-21-2012, 17:23

Like I already told you twice now, your theory may be accurate, but that doesn't mean the show has given credence to such a notion yet.

And it hasn't given credence that the Zs took over by biting alone ...

TN.Frank
02-22-2012, 08:40
Like I said before, the folks in the cars that were still there and dead could have not had their seat belts on and suffered head trauma that caused their death, that would stop them from becoming a Z.
Now for the million dollar question(I'm sure the comic book guys will know but those of us who watch the show on TV don't know) did Rick actually die and come back but he's immune to the Z-Virus so he came back normal instead of as a Z???
Shane DID say that he didn't hear a heart beat sooooooo he could have really been dead.
Now that he's transfused his son Carl with his blood that'd make Carl immune to the Z Virus as well. This could get interesting.

ZombieKing
02-22-2012, 10:25
Like I said before, the folks in the cars that were still there and dead could have not had their seat belts on and suffered head trauma that caused their death, that would stop them from becoming a Z.

I've watched the first episode again. There was a few accidents on the road but for the most part the majority of the cars were stopped with doors open and abandoned.

They showed a few bodies in cars yet those cars had no damage to them.

I just don't buy the whole they didn't have the virus in them yet. If they didn't have the virus in them and the particular cars they were in didn't crash then what killed them?

Now for the million dollar question(I'm sure the comic book guys will know but those of us who watch the show on TV don't know) did Rick actually die and come back but he's immune to the Z-Virus so he came back normal instead of as a Z???

It's never mentioned in the comic book. And they never do the Shane flashback.

Shane DID say that he didn't hear a heart beat sooooooo he could have really been dead. Now that he's transfused his son Carl with his blood that'd make Carl immune to the Z Virus as well. This could get interesting.

Shane is under stress in that situation, not an expert, and I think he just dropped the ball and thought Rick was dead.

But it is possible the show would go with your theory.

That could be what Dr.Jenner told Rick.

Mushinto
02-22-2012, 10:37
.. Shane is under stress in that situation, not an expert, and I think he just dropped the ball and thought Rick was dead...

Shane is a psycho and hears and sees only what he wants to.

ZombieKing
02-22-2012, 11:06
Shane is a psycho and hears and sees only what he wants to.

I disagree. I think pre-Zombie ate the world Shane is just another guy. Maybe a bit of a ********* but just another guy.

I think the Zombies, having Lori and then losing her back to Rick who he thought was dead, Lori being pregnant and him thinking it's his, Carl getting shot (he likes Carl), and then him kiling Otis have all combined to push him over the edge.

Dexters
02-22-2012, 11:44

In the comic book they confirm that anyone who dies can become a Zombie when Rick goes back to Shane's grave and digs him up. Shane had been shot to death and was not bitten. After that point in the comic book they know that just dying is good enough to turn into a Zombie.

As for the the TV show and the bodies on the road....

There are two possibilities:

I just don't buy the whole they didn't have the virus in them yet. If they didn't have the virus in them and the particular cars they were in didn't crash then what killed them?

You think everyone has the 'Z virus'.

What is missing from your theory is time - the timeline for people to get the 'Z virus.' Unless it materializes across the USA at the same time there is a disbursement timeline.

So, the people in the cars escaped before the 'Z virus' got to their area. Then they died in/around the cars and didn't turn into Zs.

How did they die? Not really that important - there weren't that many of them - heart attack, carbon monoxide poisoning, drug over-dose, shot in the body by other people, etc.?

UneasyRider
02-22-2012, 11:58
I disagree. I think pre-Zombie ate the world Shane is just another guy. Maybe a bit of a ********* but just another guy.

I think the Zombies, having Lori and then losing her back to Rick who he thought was dead, Lori being pregnant and him thinking it's his, Carl getting shot (he likes Carl), and then him kiling Otis have all combined to push him over the edge.

I think so too!

TN.Frank
02-22-2012, 12:17

I agree, I think Shane was a pretty stand up guy until his world totally went to heck in a handbasket. It's just more then he can cope with and this has pushed him over the edge.

ZombieKing
02-22-2012, 12:28
You think everyone has the 'Z virus'.

What is missing from your theory is time - the timeline for people to get the 'Z virus.' Unless it materializes across the USA at the same time there is a disbursement timeline.

It's a work of fiction.

The storyline is that every single human is a walking time bomb and once they die they become Zombies. That's why it's called the Walking Dead.

If you don't like then to bad.

Dexters
02-22-2012, 12:39
It's a work of fiction.

The storyline is that every single human is a walking time bomb and once they die they become Zombies. That's why it's called the Walking Dead.

If you don't like then to bad.

Seriously, it is a work of fiction - I don't think anyone here knew that. We were discussing it as if it was happening.

Thanks for telling us that.

If you go back over my posts; you will see I all know that. As do most here do.

If you are going to post here - try to keep up and add something to the discussion.

And if you learn something, man up and be willing to admit it. None of us is perfect - myself included.

Stevekozak
02-25-2012, 09:00
Mac66 has made the specific claim that the show 'explains in earlier episodes' that anyone who dies for any reason comes back as a walker.

Based on info coming in about the comic books, it seems that everyone that dies does come back, but the show certainly has not gone there yet.

This is it in a hand-basket. The theory may be correct, but nothing in the show has promoted that idea thus far. :wavey:

Dexters
02-25-2012, 09:06
This is it in a hand-basket. The theory may be correct, but nothing in the show has promoted that idea thus far. :wavey:

Yes it has - the outbreak & rise of the Zs.

See post 84 for why the 'only biting' theory of transmission fails.

It would be interesting to read your reasoning for the 'only biting' theory.

ZombieKing
02-25-2012, 10:56

Give it a few episodes.

They will get to it.

Stevekozak
02-25-2012, 11:04

It would be interesting to read your reasoning for the 'only biting' theory.
I don't have an all-emcompassing "only biting" theory in general. The virus started and infected ppl somehow. I don't know what that somehow was. I just don't currently, based only on the show itself, see a reason to believe that everyone is infected, and will become zombies when they die, regardless of getting bitten or not. We know for sure from the show that everyone we have seen get bitten, has subsequently died, and become a Z if not decapitated or some such first. We have not yet seen anyone that died of natural causes come back as a Z. I am not saying it is not possible, just that nothing on the show SO FAR has indicated this. As ZK says, it may be coming in future episodes, but not yet. :wavey:

Dexters
02-25-2012, 11:27
I am not saying it is not possible, just that nothing on the show SO FAR has indicated this. As ZK says, it may be coming in future episodes, but not yet. :wavey:

And I'm just saying:

Because you need to have a character say it or you do not see it does not mean the show has not presented it.

That you can not support the 'biting only theory' is another indication it fails.

Stevekozak
02-25-2012, 12:19
And I'm just saying:

Because you need to have a character say it or you do not see it does not mean the show has not presented it.

That you can not support the 'biting only theory' is another indication it fails.
Nope. :wavey:

Dexters
02-25-2012, 12:51
Nope. :wavey:

I'm not just saying?

Even when something is obviously stated, you miss it.

Lampshade
02-26-2012, 20:36
Alright Dexter.... now the show has hinted that there is a way of turning into a walker without being bit.

Saying "it wouldn't have been plausible for the disease to spread as much as it had without another vecotr" isn't exactly a hint dropped by the show.

G22Racer
02-26-2012, 20:40
LOL. This thread is the first thing I thought about when he said that about the cops. I was getting the laptop ready to post about it. You beat me.

emt1581
02-26-2012, 21:01
Seems like Rick's main conflict is killing. He just can't fathom killing a human offensively whereas Shane has overcome this conflict long ago possibly with Otis, possibly before that.

I'm not sure what I would have done. I mean it is a kid. Then again it is also the end of the world, supplies are limited and protection means more then than it does even now....

-Emt1581

Dexters
02-26-2012, 21:08
Alright Dexter.... now the show has hinted that there is a way of turning into a walker without being bit.

Saying "it wouldn't have been plausible for the disease to spread as much as it had without another vecotr" isn't exactly a hint dropped by the show.

Now you are ready for the next step ...

... the Zs virus was nature's way of keeping the human population in check ...

...mankind had polluted the world and eliminated most of his natural enemies ...

... the world population is going to 10+ billion and killing the earth ...

... from now on the Zs and the Z virus will keep the human population small ...

... men (Zs) will keep mankind in check and in the process save the earth and mankind (non Zs) ...

TN.Frank
02-26-2012, 22:41
Eventually it seems like folks will be born with a natural immunity to the Z-Virus and in time it'll stop having an effect on those that die from natural causes.

rahrah12
02-26-2012, 22:47
The one thing that has bothered me is all of the zombie blood that has been flying around while guys have been stabbing zombies in the head...

The kid had the blood all over his face with an open mouth...

Syclone538
02-26-2012, 23:00
The one thing that has bothered me is all of the zombie blood that has been flying around while guys have been stabbing zombies in the head...

I was thinking the same thing.

emt1581
02-26-2012, 23:03
Seems that either the writers are defying their own logic (poor writing) or some people have differing levels of immunity.

-Emt1581

B.Reid
02-26-2012, 23:08
I would think that all the survivors have some kind of immunity.

emt1581
02-26-2012, 23:10
I would think that all the survivors have some kind of immunity.

Same here. However, I think none are immune from a direct bite.

-Emt1581

runcible68
02-26-2012, 23:56
At this point in a drama, someone needs to die. I say Dale does something nutso next week and ends up getting killed. He's the conscience/philosopher of the group and those guys don't fare well in zombie flicks.

ZombieKing
02-27-2012, 02:40

SPOILERS BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN'T HANDLE IT.......

(And I'm not talking about you rahrah12)

Because the kid is already infected.

Everyone is already infected. You don't become a Zombie because you get bit or you get Zombie blood on you. You die from infection from all the nasty stuff in a Zombie's mouth when it bites you. (bacterial infections)

When you die the Zombie infection takes over and turns you into a Zombie. When you die of any cause and have enough surviving brain matter you will turn into a Zombie. If you were decapitated your head would turn into a Zombie.

I know people don't want to hear that but in The Walking Dead the walking dead are the living humans.

There is no immunity. Every single human is infected with the Zombie virus. Every single person who dies and has enough surviving brain matter will become a Zombie.

That is the rule in this particular Zombie universe.

People can complain about vectors and how the disease spread all they want but in this story all humans are infected.

Dexters
02-27-2012, 06:23

There is a simple answer

... you have the virus ... your immune system can fight it off ... you get bitten by a Z the virus overwhelms you immune system and you become a Z ... you get some Z blood in a cut ... your immune system can handle it, unless you get too much, like a bite or you have an impaired immune system ... you don't become a Z ...

Here is the interesting part ... if you get sick by let's say the flu the Z virus could take over and turn you into a Z.
... if, you have a heart attack while sleeping next to your wife ... you will turn into a Z and then start chewing on your wife ...
... if, you cut yourself while out chopping wood by yourself and die, you could wonder back to the group as a Z

That make things a bit interesting.

Dexters
02-27-2012, 08:59
SPOILERS

Spoil me - where in the TV show did they establish that Zs can smell blood?

G22Racer
02-27-2012, 09:14
When they were in Atlanta, trying to escape, that is when the smell came to play. That was when they established that they mainly use smell to distinguish the living from the Z's.

As far as a more attraction to blood, since it looked like they had more of an affinity to that, this is the first time I've seen it.

20South
02-27-2012, 09:20

The producers are clearly members of GT and were trying to fuel this thread.:rofl:

20South
02-27-2012, 09:20
Seems that either the writers are defying their own logic (poor writing) or some people have differing levels of immunity.

-Emt1581

I think its the former - remember the Glock safety?

Dexters
02-27-2012, 09:24
When they were in Atlanta, trying to escape, that is when the smell came to play. That was when they established that they mainly use smell to distinguish the living from the Z's.

OK, I now remember that when they were escaping from the department store they covered themselves with the insides of a dead person. So, there was the smell factor. Zs don't eat Zs.

But, I don't remember the specific equating Zs smelling blood.

B.Reid
02-27-2012, 09:35
I'm surprised that no one is complaining about Shane just shoving his Glock in his pants. No holster covering the trigger, he might blow off his junk. LOL

rahrah12
02-27-2012, 10:07

Everyone is already infected. You don't become a Zombie because you get bit or you get Zombie blood on you. You die from infection from all the nasty stuff in a Zombie's mouth when it bites you. (bacterial infections)

When you die the Zombie infection takes over and turns you into a Zombie. When you die of any cause and have enough surviving brain matter you will turn into a Zombie. If you were decapitated your head would turn into a Zombie.

I know people don't want to hear that but in The Walking Dead the walking dead are the living humans.

There is no immunity. Every single human is infected with the Zombie virus. Every single person who dies and has enough surviving brain matter will become a Zombie.

People can complain about vectors and how the disease spread all they want but in this story all humans are infected.

***SPOILER***

I agree.

This is actually proven in the comic because Rick get bitten by a zombie and has his arm/hand cut off and he is still fine.

You die from all of the disease in the zombies/dead persons mouth.

Not necessarily the zombie infection.

EDIT - DISREGARD - MY MEMORY HAS FAILED ME...RICK DIDN'T LOSE HIS HAND TO A ZOMBIE BITE

** THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION.

rahrah12
02-27-2012, 10:08
There is a simple answer

... you have the virus ... your immune system can fight it off ... you get bitten by a Z the virus overwhelms you immune system and you become a Z ... you get some Z blood in a cut ... your immune system can handle it, unless you get too much, like a bite or you have an impaired immune system ... you don't become a Z ...

Here is the interesting part ... if you get sick by let's say the flu the Z virus could take over and turn you into a Z.
... if, you have a heart attack while sleeping next to your wife ... you will turn into a Z and then start chewing on your wife ...
... if, you cut yourself while out chopping wood by yourself and die, you could wonder back to the group as a Z

That make things a bit interesting.

That somewhat has been the comics interpretation...Shane comes back as a Z even though he wasn't killed by one.

kirgi08
02-27-2012, 10:22
:miff: :rant: :fist: :psycho:

ZombieKing
02-27-2012, 11:31
***SPOILER***

I agree.

This is actually proven in the comic because Rick get bitten by a zombie and has his arm/hand cut off and he is still fine.

You die from all of the disease in the zombies/dead persons mouth.

Not necessarily the zombie infection.

Rick was never bitten. He did have his hand cut off but it was because of the fight with the Governor.

Allen was bit and got his leg amputated on the spot. He died from the infection of the amputation.

rahrah12
02-27-2012, 11:51
Rick was never bitten. He did have his hand cut off but it was because of the fight with the Governor.

Allen was bit and got his leg amputated on the spot. He died from the infection of the amputation.

That is right...:faint:

I need to reread some of the major stories...

Dexters
02-27-2012, 12:01
This thread should be merged with this one:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18638079#post18638079

Syclone538
02-27-2012, 12:27
This thread should be merged with this one:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18638079#post18638079

Why? I never go to GNG. I don't even have time to read all the threads I find interesting in S&P, Non Glock Firearms, Political Issues, and the 2 or 3 others I visit occasionally.

Oh and Zombie King, thank you for the spoiler warning, seriously, I appreciate it.

pugman
02-28-2012, 17:56

So are you saying this is the end of mankind?

I do know there real world scientists who propose the human DNA genome has an "expiration date" or alarm of sounds.

Once it gets so old...or we reach so many generations..it clicks on or off as you see it.

Never read the graphic novels but we know the writers of the show have swayed a bit from the reference material

Spoil me all you want if you want to PM it to me

Inquiring minds WANT to know

Dexters
02-28-2012, 18:57
so are you saying this is the end of mankind?

I do know there real world scientists who propose the human dna genome has an "expiration date" or alarm of sounds.

Once it gets so old...or we reach so many generations..it clicks on or off as you see it.

Never read the graphic novels but we know the writers of the show have swayed a bit from the reference material

spoil me all you want if you want to pm it to me

inquiring minds want to know
... ..
now you are ready for the next step ...

... The zs virus was nature's way of keeping the human population in check ...

...mankind had polluted the world and eliminated most of his natural enemies ...

... The world population is going to 10+ billion and killing the earth ...

... From now on the zs and the z virus will keep the human population small ...

... Men (zs) will keep mankind in check and in the process save the earth and mankind (non zs) ...

ZombieKing
02-29-2012, 00:43
So are you saying this is the end of mankind?

Uhhh no....

It's just the world has changed.

ZombieKing
02-29-2012, 00:48
.now you are ready for the next step ...

... The zs virus was nature's way of keeping the human population in check ...

... The world population is going to 10+ billion and killing the earth ...

... From now on the zs and the z virus will keep the human population small ...

... Men (zs) will keep mankind in check and in the process save the earth and mankind (non zs) ....

Won't happen.

The human survivors will eventually get over the shock. In fact we are already seeing it when Andrea just jumps in a truck with the bodies.

It will change the way things are done. People will adapt, everyone carries and knows how to do head shots, people don't sleep together, everyone sleeps alone behind locked doors, and so on. People will have babies and the planet in a few hundred years will have a few billion on it yet again.

Dexters
02-29-2012, 05:14
Won't happen.

The human survivors will eventually get over the shock. In fact we are already seeing it when Andrea just jumps in a truck with the bodies.

It will change the way things are done. People will adapt, everyone carries and knows how to do head shots, people don't sleep together, everyone sleeps alone behind locked doors, and so on. People will have babies and the planet in a few hundred years will have a few billion on it yet again.

That is the expected/traditional scenario is for people who think The Walking Dead are the good guys and rooting for them.

It also omits the likely possibility of the Z virus mutating - as they tend to do.

The phases in The Walking Dead are:

Phase I - Rise of the Zs - Where we are in the story now.
Man/TWD Vs Zs

Phase II - We are all Zs - Next phase - the adjustment
Man/TWD Vs Man/Zs

Phase III - Evolution - Old Vs New Zs -
Man/TWD Vs Man/Zs Vs New Zs

The Zs are the good guys - they saved the earth. The Man/Zs are a step in the evolutionary process of current mankind to the New Zs.

ZombieKing
02-29-2012, 07:44
lol wow.....

G22Racer
02-29-2012, 09:49
They're already here! Watch out!!!