bullet button [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : bullet button

Ryan-17
02-11-2012, 19:16
I know this has probably been asked before i tried a search but had no luck.
the bullet button on an Ar-15 seems to be a pain in the ****. anyways can the bullet button be installed on the rifle so the button is on the left side of the rifle???? i think it would make hitting the button easier and you could stay on target.

also i know the law says the "tool" used to hit the bullet button cannot be attached to the rifle... so is the magazines with the little bump on the bottom that can hit the bullet button legal???

thanks in advance!!!!

bmoore
02-11-2012, 19:22
No it cant be installed on the bolt release side. The tool needs to be out at all times while in the great state of CA. It can be threaded in and function as a standard mag release in normal logical thinking states.

Ryan-17
02-11-2012, 19:28
No it cant be installed on the bolt release side. The tool needs to be out at all times while in the great state of CA.

is there a reason or law it can't or is it just not possible???

and as for the tool for the bullet button, how are those guys getting away with the tool attached to the bottom of the magazine????

Ryan-17
02-11-2012, 19:42
anyone???

WoodenPlank
02-11-2012, 19:45
is there a reason or law it can't or is it just not possible???

and as for the tool for the bullet button, how are those guys getting away with the tool attached to the bottom of the magazine????

A) The bullet button replaces the magazine release button, so it has to go in the same location. B) if it's illegal, they just haven't been caught yet.

Ryan-17
02-11-2012, 20:03
A) The bullet button replaces the magazine release button, so it has to go in the same location. B) if it's illegal, they just haven't been caught yet.

okay thanks!!!

Contact
02-11-2012, 20:06
The device the OP speaks of can be found here:

www.ubbt.net

As I understand it, it's legal because the gadget turns the magazine itself into the "tool," but can not function to release the magazine while it is in the gun. It's no different than having two bullets in your pocket. If the bullet A is in the gun, it can't release the magazine, but bullet B could be used to drop the magazine. No different than magazine A being in the gun, and using magazine B to drop the magazine. The tool being used at the moment is not attached to the gun.

Ryan-17
02-11-2012, 20:15
The device the OP speaks of can be found here:

www.ubbt.net

As I understand it, it's legal because the gadget turns the magazine itself into the "tool," but can not function to release the magazine while it is in the gun. It's no different than having two bullets in your pocket. If the bullet A is in the gun, it can't release the magazine, but bullet B could be used to drop the magazine. No different than magazine A being in the gun, and using magazine B to drop the magazine. The tool being used at the moment is not attached to the gun.

Yea i was just about to post that link, Thanks!!!!!

okay that makes tons of sense to me!!!

thanks for your help!!!! much appreciated!!!!!

Cole125
02-11-2012, 21:53
http://ar-magmagnet.com/

There you go. Thank me later. :cool:

Glock 1
11-18-2012, 11:21
I hate to bring life to this dead thread but I saw my first bullet button today on an LWRC M6SL. Wth? That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I think California's water system has been contaminated or something. :whistling:

fnfalman
11-19-2012, 09:10
I hate to bring life to this dead thread but I saw my first bullet button today on an LWRC M6SL. Wth? That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I think California's water system has been contaminated or something. :whistling:

You oughtta show then Kommiefornians by voting to have Texas secede fron the Union!!!

LL6
11-19-2012, 09:36
It was only a couple months ago when I decided to buy a rifle I found out what a bullet button was. I kept seeing California compliant on certain models so I finally looked it up. :faint: