"Doomsday Prepper" stripped of firearms as mentally defective after show [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "Doomsday Prepper" stripped of firearms as mentally defective after show

humanguerrilla
02-11-2012, 20:20
I had watched some of this guys videos and he didn't seem like the brightest bulb and haven't seen any of the show he was featured on but...

No more Prepping for Me - YouTube

...interesting.

G29Reload
02-11-2012, 21:22
Interesting.

First, he broke rule one. We know what that is. So, talking too much isn't very bright.

I would have told the doctor, sorry, I'm not experiencing a medical emergency. Not going to the Emergency room.

When the sheriff showed up, I would have said, sorry, that's not my doctor. Its also a cardio, not a shrink. You must have the wrong person.

I would have then contacted the doctor and told him his services are no longer required, and he'd hear from my lawyer.

Then I never would speak of this again except to my lawyer.

I had a disappointing conversation with a good friend who hasn't bothered to prep and gave me the "I'll just go to your house" line. I said, the admission is to bring the years supply of food you STILL havent gotten yet.

I give up, there really is no reason to ever discuss this topic with ANYONE unless you already know they are interested or living in your household already. Best to remain silent otherwise. SP and gun ownership.

UneasyRider
02-11-2012, 22:01
If it's a cop or a doctor you keep your mouth shut about anything other than what you want them to know which is the very minimum without a lawyer present.

Foxtrotx1
02-11-2012, 22:15
Seems like a dumb morbidly obese slob. IMO. I don't think hes telling the whole story.

Amsdorf
02-11-2012, 22:22
Come on guys, this guy forgot Rule #1:

http://youtu.be/-o78D7GFFkk

cowboy1964
02-11-2012, 22:39
Here's a tip: don't go to the emergency room, say "this is the closest I've ever felt to wanting to take my own life", and lose patience (after only a few hours of waiting) and refuse to comply with any further help they are offering. What did he expect?

Kingarthurhk
02-11-2012, 23:13
I still fail to see why they stripped him of his Second Amendment rights. I saw the show, he is a weirdo. Being a weirdo isn't against the law. He hasn't been convicted of a felony that I can guess, so he should try to get a probono attorney and sue the doctor, and then with those proceeds file a Civil Rights suit against his state. Why not? It's not like he's got anything better to do.

RMTactical
02-11-2012, 23:14
Here's a tip: don't go to the emergency room, say "this is the closest I've ever felt to wanting to take my own life", and lose patience (after only a few hours of waiting) and refuse to comply with any further help they are offering. What did he expect?

I totally agree. That said, do you really think he shouldnt own guns?

UneasyRider
02-12-2012, 07:16
He might have been ok if he piped up quicker with the "I don't have any insurance" line... just sayin'

racerford
02-12-2012, 08:51
One should not be forcibly committed for being a danger to oneself, only a danger to others. However, even that smacks of pre-crime conviction. Perhaps if they are planning to hurt others, it could be aconspiracy, but that would require working with someone else to do it.

I suppose if someone is judged incompetent to make judgements in accordance with the law, then they should be restricted from buying guns. However, when they are "better" maybe that restriction should be lifted. I mean if someone a mental break due to some traumatic event, once they get better (lot's of people get past severe depression and go on to lead normal rational lives) should they forever by unable to defend themselves effectively?

And no I do not think he should be banned from owning from what I have heard. I heard say he clearly told the doctor that because he was a christian that would not commit suicide. Perhaps they fact that he said he was a devout christian the doctor thought in his mind he was clearly delusional to believe in god. So not only was he suicidal, he was delusional.

You can see how powerful these laws are and very hard to fight. It is not right. A couple of people who do not know you can decide the course of your whole life without you having harmed anyone, including yourself.

glockpsych
02-12-2012, 09:14
Get a lawyer.

Stupid
02-12-2012, 10:34
Shouldn't the first prep rule be "cardio?"

G29Reload
02-12-2012, 15:47

I think he skipped ahead to "twinkies".

glock20fanboy
02-12-2012, 16:09
I think he skipped ahead to "twinkies".
And ate all the pink snowballs along the way.

Stupid
02-12-2012, 22:14
And ate all the pink snowballs along the way.

I would suggest that he work on the cardio first. Then after he loses like 200 lbs, he can go back to the doctor and say he's not a danger to himself or the society anymore.

humanguerrilla
02-13-2012, 14:15

humanguerrilla
02-13-2012, 14:16

Should be higher up on the list...

dsarti1's Channel - YouTube

cowboy1964
02-13-2012, 14:30
20 years of truck stop food.

DoctaGlockta
02-13-2012, 14:32
The guy is a pretty easy target (pardon the pun) for ridicule but it is his own fault. I saw him last night on the Dooms Preppers series. He really needs someone to sit him down and have a good talking to about his health. My assumption is he doesn't really care but I guess I shouldn't assume.

I wish him well and hope he gets his 'health preps' in order.

lonewolf01
02-13-2012, 18:41
He actually seemd like a decent guy but he has to take care of himself.

ICARRY2
02-13-2012, 19:33
Of course the govt/judges/doctors think he is mentally defective, he's a prepper. Doesn't need the gov't help. He maybe a little odd, but seems okay to me.

He is getting screwed over becasue he isn't conforming to the bed wetting liberals views of dependency.

Linh40
02-14-2012, 01:46
I always knew his shtf would be his "cardio" condition. Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking when preparing for the world to end when their chances of a heart attack is high.

French fries have killed more people yearly than gun violence.

G26man
02-14-2012, 07:58
Oh come on now, he's just keeping half of his calorie preps already on his body! How can you be more prepared than that? :supergrin:

gosnmic
02-17-2012, 18:08
Did anyone else find it ironic that all this came about because of purportedly suicidal tendencies which he denies left and right ... but then at 7:40 he states "there's really nothing left to live for" ;)

TN.Frank
02-17-2012, 19:04
Did anyone else find it ironic that all this came about because of purportedly suicidal tendencies which he denies left and right ... but then at 7:40 he states "there's really nothing left to live for" ;)

I think it was more in the vein of "there's really no way to protect myself anymore so when the SHTF I'll just end up dead" then him killing himself.
IIRC from the show he's a diabetic which doesn't help with weight loss and there's a point where you gain so much weight that it becomes hard to lose it.
Basically, in our country we have lost our Rights and if we still think we have Rights then we're just foolin' ourselves. Heck, you don't even have to be a felon anymore to lose your 2nd Amend. Rights, Misdemeanor Spousal Abuse will get em' yanked as fast as anything. Sooner or later parking tickets will end your 2nd Amend. Rights because if you can't obey the simply laws of parking your car, well, we don't need you owning a firearm now, do we?

Linh40
02-17-2012, 23:06
A real prepper can still be prepared without a firearm.

TN.Frank
02-18-2012, 07:45
Yep, no 4473 needed for Black Powder Firearms. Sure, they're not rapid fire but hey, a couple three cap n' ball six guns beats a pointed stick any day of the week.

ray9898
02-18-2012, 17:31
I think the title is a little misleading. He was not "found defective after the show", he was found defective some time back and his doctor saw him on the show when it aired and reported it.

tim12232
02-18-2012, 22:36
Really? A whole nother thread for this....heres the original one 4 pages long
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1400762

tim12232
02-18-2012, 22:36
double posted

runcible68
02-18-2012, 23:43
Tough when we don't know the situation. While we know his side of it, we weren't there when he talked to the doctor. Sorry, but the guy does look a few beers short of a six pack.

But eccentricity doesn't mean he's suicidal. If the man is not suicidal, then he should apply to have his gun rights restored. If he is sane, then I'll support that effort.

racerford
02-19-2012, 00:06
Tough when we don't know the situation. While we know his side of it, we weren't there when he talked to the doctor. Sorry, but the guy does look a few beers short of a six pack.

But eccentricity doesn't mean he's suicidal. If the man is not suicidal, then he should apply to have his gun rights restored. If he is sane, then I'll support that effort.

Why should he be stripped of his rights if he is suicidal? Homicidal, OK. Suicidal, that is his and his family's problem.

kirgi08
02-19-2012, 02:02
Not my view,an OAS comes ta mind.'08.

WayaX
02-19-2012, 12:32
I see this among gun owners all the time. They try to prepare for these doomsday fantasies and all the while neglect the present. Most gun owners are in more danger from their own arteries than from criminals or the end of the world.

Don't get me wrong, preparedness is a very good thing, but one must keep their priorities straight...I mean there is no doomsday cardiac treatment center.

humanguerrilla
02-19-2012, 14:05
Really? A whole nother thread for this....heres the original one 4 pages long
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1400762

Sorry original poster was not prepared and didn't search gng for s&p related threads.

tim12232
02-19-2012, 23:54
Sorry original poster was not prepared and didn't search gng for s&p related threads.

All is forgiven...go and sin no more :supergrin:
I was a bit cranky last night, my posts can seem harsh!

RatDrall
02-21-2012, 06:17
I suppose if someone is judged incompetent to make judgements in accordance with the law, then they should be restricted from buying guns. However, when they are "better" maybe that restriction should be lifted. I mean if someone a mental break due to some traumatic event, once they get better (lot's of people get past severe depression and go on to lead normal rational lives) should they forever by unable to defend themselves effectively?

Most states, I believe all of them but I'm not sure, have a process to restore firearms rights for cases like this. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A real prepper can still be prepared without a firearm.

This ^

Helpless firearm dependency isn't good for anyone. As we see here your lolrights can be taken away very easily, especially now that everything you do is now a crime (read through your state's statutes for Disorderly Conduct and Harassment if you don't believe me).

There are ways to defend yourself that don't require a gun. Honestly, someone with good fieldcraft and a good bow scares me more than most bubbas and fudds at the range. Up close, a blind corner and a machete/hatchet/steak knife/piece of cord can be just as effective as any firearm. See your local Fillipino Martial Arts school for more on that :whistling:

Many preppers focus waaaaay too much on guns, and not enough on the other ways to defend themselves, that can't be taken away by .gov...

Why should he be stripped of his rights if he is suicidal? Homicidal, OK. Suicidal, that is his and his family's problem.

Because the Constitution is no longer in effect. Don't you read these gun boards, a great many here believe in the 2nd Amendment, but only for certain Americans and not all :upeyes:

Democrats AND Republicans have accepted special rules for special people for a long time. Now that we are all split into groups, our God given and Constitutionally Guarenteed "rights" are now "privelages" granted (and taken away) by the gov't.