AR tactical sling [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AR tactical sling

Two Guns
02-11-2012, 22:05
Hi guys I have a question for all of you. I am taking a three day Pistol/Carbine class put on by Larry Vickers. One of the things on the list that I need for the class is a tactical sling for my AR. I have a sling for my ARů. But how do I know if it is a tactical sling? Thanks in advance.

Bushey6
02-11-2012, 22:16
Vickers padded sling - I love mine.

http://vickerstactical.com/larry-vickers-products/vickers-combat-sling/

Mayhem like Me
02-11-2012, 22:18
If you buy his two point sling you'll be set..
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=cpsu1r&tok=TghAO-iotm6Rh_-97vJeGw&cp=10&gs_id=12&xhr=t&q=vickers+sling&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1400&bih=959&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15127890926570275427&sa=X&ei=dT03T6_BJ4Sctwer3pG8Ag&sqi=2&ved=0CEIQ8wIwAg

WoodenPlank
02-11-2012, 22:31
Show up with anything other than a Vickers sling, and you're likely to catch some ****. If you really wanna get on LAV's nerves, show up with a VTAC sling.... :whistling:

As for the OP's original question - if your existing sling is a single- or two-point (preferably adjustable) you should be OK. However, a padded, adjustable 2-point with some method of quick attach and detach is going to be your best bet. The VCAS slings already linked here are your best bets.

Two Guns
02-11-2012, 23:30
I think I will get a Vickers Sling before my class. I don't want to start out being on his Shi*list.

Two Guns
02-15-2012, 23:09
I just ordered my Vickers sling. It is the first time I have ever paid $60 for a sling.

series1811
02-16-2012, 04:18
Show up with anything other than a Vickers sling, and you're likely to catch some ****. If you really wanna get on LAV's nerves, show up with a VTAC sling.... :whistling:

As for the OP's original question - if your existing sling is a single- or two-point (preferably adjustable) you should be OK. However, a padded, adjustable 2-point with some method of quick attach and detach is going to be your best bet. The VCAS slings already linked here are your best bets.

I have to admit I have never used a Vickers sling. I have used a VTAC for several years and it really does a good job with a working AR, where you need to be able to adjust the sling length easily and quickly.

And, I also think 3 points are a bad idea. I was issued one and gave it back after a couple of weeks. Too complicated.

TangoFoxtrot
02-16-2012, 10:23

I think the LAV better worry more about losing a few pounds! For an ex- tier one operator he sure let himself go to **** :whistling: But boy he still can shoot!

Jack Black
02-16-2012, 18:19
I think the LAV better worry more about losing a few pounds! For an ex- tier one operator he sure let himself go to **** :whistling: But boy he still can shoot!

He's lost a lot of weight from what I've seen online lately.

Slotback
02-16-2012, 18:51
I like Vickers sling.

JBaird22
02-17-2012, 13:49
As an aside, I recommend a 2 point over anything else.

But, I would also second, as a former tier 1 operator (what does that even mean) he apparently kept up his eating habits but slacked on his PT.

WoodenPlank
02-17-2012, 14:22
As an aside, I recommend a 2 point over anything else.

But, I would also second, as a former tier 1 operator (what does that even mean) he apparently kept up his eating habits but slacked on his PT.

:rofl:

Bad part is, this is tame compared to some of the comments I have heard about him before.

ancient_serpent
02-17-2012, 14:31
If you really wanna get on LAV's nerves, show up with a VTAC sling.... :whistling:

Ah, you beat me to it, ha ha. I have VTAC 2 point slings on two of my rifles, work great. No experience with the Vickers, might take a look at them later.

Airhasz
03-30-2012, 21:53
I think I will get a Vickers Sling before my class. I don't want to start out being on his Shi*list.

As long as your check clears for the class...you'll be fine:supergrin:

faawrenchbndr
03-30-2012, 21:57

Very classy,........:thumbsup: :upeyes:

MrMurphy
03-30-2012, 22:05
I've used both the VTAC and the VCAS. I prefer the VTAC out of armor, the VCAS works well for a 2-set position personally.

I'd show up with either. If he has an issue with it, he can have an issue with it. He's a professional, and his personal disagreements with Kyle Lamb are not with me.

As to his weight, he's retired and done more for this country than this entire forum put together probably. He can do whatever the hell he wants to now.

Minnow
03-30-2012, 22:27
Be sure to adjust it short enough to not hit you in the junk.