Need info on mak 90 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need info on mak 90

WarEagle32
02-11-2012, 23:33
I have a mak 90 sporter with the straight stamped reciever. I want to make a standard AK style rifle out of this gun with a buttstock and handle like a type 56. I would like a plum polymer or plastic type furniture, but will keep an open mind to wood because I don't want to spend a ton. If at all possible if there is there just one set of furniture that I can buy to fit right in without gunsmithing? I would really like to do it this way because good gunsmiths are real short around here! Info please

02-12-2012, 00:06
You don't need a gunsmith, you just need some basic wood working tools and a patience to fit the stock to your AK through trial and error.

Most, if not all, furniture will need to be fitted due to the variances in both the stock and the many different receivers. The furniture will probably be slightly oversized. It's just the way it is.

You can do a good job yourself, if you just take your time.

stmcelroy
02-12-2012, 00:15
The last Mak90 I converted took some hand fitting of the butt stock, but it wasn't really the difficult.

adamg01
02-12-2012, 00:18
I sold my "BIL" a Mak90 and finally talked sense into him about converting it away from the buthole stock. I convinced him to go Ironwood and he has been thanking me ever since. It truly is a work of art now. Save up your coins and go with the best for your Mak90.

WarEagle32
02-12-2012, 12:29
Would plastic/polymer furniture need modifying too! If so how? I figured one of those companies would make a buttstock that fits the Mak 90 flush.

gordo993
02-12-2012, 12:52
+1 for Ironwood Designs - my MAK-90 now wears a beautiful birch stock set that is stained blonde. Very little fit net was needed for mine...

El_Ron1
02-12-2012, 12:58
Would plastic/polymer furniture need modifying too! If so how? I figured one of those companies would make a buttstock that fits the Mak 90 flush.

Most everything AK stamped receiver wise, foreign and domestic is 1mm (ish) thick. The MAK90 is 1.5mm (ish). So unless you buy the Chinese stock made for it, or an Ironwood or other "custom" maker buttstock, you will need to fit it. No big deal if you're handy and have some basic tools.

Glockdude1
02-12-2012, 12:59
I have a mak 90 sporter with the straight stamped reciever. I want to make a standard AK style rifle out of this gun with a buttstock and handle like a type 56. I would like a plum polymer or plastic type furniture, but will keep an open mind to wood because I don't want to spend a ton. If at all possible if there is there just one set of furniture that I can buy to fit right in without gunsmithing? I would really like to do it this way because good gunsmiths are real short around here! Info please

www.ironwooddesigns.com

:thumbsup: