Pistol Malfunction almost gets someone killed... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Malfunction almost gets someone killed...

TBO
02-12-2012, 11:44
http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/shooting-suspect-thought-cop-1339626.html

rallenal
02-12-2012, 14:32
Why did the officer's gun fire once and then drop the mag? Improperly seated mag to begin with or someone hit the release during the struggle or something else? You can't tell from the story. If it was something else, it would be good to know.

RussP
02-12-2012, 15:04
Why did the officer's gun fire once and then drop the mag? Improperly seated mag to begin with or someone hit the release during the struggle or something else? You can't tell from the story. If it was something else, it would be good to know.rallenal, welcome to GT.

That's a good question. I'm going to make it a separate thread so we don't get sidetracked here.

seanmac45
02-12-2012, 15:42
Can't wait to see what the jury returns.

Spiffums
02-12-2012, 17:33
Why did the officer's gun fire once and then drop the mag? Improperly seated mag to begin with or someone hit the release during the struggle or something else? You can't tell from the story. If it was something else, it would be good to know.

This is why I took the extended controls off my Glock 34. If it's a little harder for me to hit when I need to hit it.. it's a lot harder to hit it when I don't need to.

Caver 60
02-12-2012, 21:37
Wow that's a tough situation all the way around. Not sure how I'd call it if I was on the jury?

HarleyGuy
02-13-2012, 00:42
Having a revolver would have prevented this but the other guy would have been shot, possibly dead!

arkdweller22
02-13-2012, 10:35
The mag probably wasn't seated. It's easy to bump the mag release on your pistol, depending on the holster.

KiloBravo
02-13-2012, 14:31
This is another strong case on why to carry at least one spare mag. I personally carry two, for exactly this reason. The spare ammo never hurts either.

If the mag release did not break in some way, then it means it was accidentally depressed and dropped the officer's ammo to the pavement.

For those folks who do not carry a spare mag, think about whether or not you would have wanted to spend time crawling around on the ground to find the one you just lost, or if being able to draw another from your belt and get the gun back into action would have been faster and safer.

JMHO