Leather holsters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Leather holsters

MoneyMaker
02-12-2012, 19:42
Why do some leather holsters sound about like kydex when drawing or returning a weapon back to the holster?Kinda wish they was made a bit softer so they would draw easier but then i guess then weapon retention would not be as good.Drawing from a new holster gives you a good wedgie for sometime and i broke a belt loop tonight on a pair of pants,But then again its part of getting the holster loosen up.I did the normal wrap the gun in a wrap and let it sit for 24 hours which helped get it in and out of the holster easier,but sure hasnt helped on the draw as when you tighten the belt down it puts more pressure on the leather against the gun.Oh well i assume it will loosen up before summer

ssharber
02-12-2012, 20:20
What type of holster do you have? Sometimes there are certain things you can do other than what you've done, and some holsters are just notorious for remaining stiff and hard to break in.

Rev.357
02-12-2012, 21:11
I've been breaking in my Blackhawk IWB leather. I've found that after wrapping the gun the most effective thing to break in is wearing it & drawing as much as u can.