Trigger help for S&W 15-22 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trigger help for S&W 15-22

Sherlock Glock
02-13-2012, 15:40
Trigger help for S&W 15-22
I have been told that nothing can be replaced and others say any trigger that fits an AR will go into the 22LR S&W 15-22.
So I am asking y'all the experts, what can i do about the terrible trigger?

JaPes
02-13-2012, 16:39
The M&P 15-22 is compatible with any trigger system that works with a standard AR. Take your pick.

Since the 15-22 is just a trainer & mostly fun gun, I personally don't see the rationale of installing an expensive trigger set up.

I've just started looking into ALG Defense triggers, so far they look like a good value for the dollar.

http://www.algdefense.com/

You can also try lightly polishing the sear & disconnect to remove the grittiness. Be very careful & take your time. A set of JP Enterprises "yellow" reduced power springs can help. I use everything but the hammer spring. With the yellow hammer spring I was getting light strikes.

bullittmcqueen
02-14-2012, 10:52
JaPes just hit the nail on the head.

I have a JP yellow trigger spring in mine. I havent noticed much a difference in pull poundage but then again I havent measured.

I totally agree that the most cost effective change is probably to go with the ALG. Great trigger at a great price.

KiloXray
02-14-2012, 15:34
I have about 600 rds through mine after I switched to the Yellow JP springs. No light strikes, no other issues, definate improvement.

I would reccomend them as a cheap fix. The trigger still isnt perfect, but for as cheap as the JP kit is, you can't really afford NOT to get it and try it.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=7582/Product/AR-15-REDUCED-POWER-SPRING-KIT

KiloXray
02-14-2012, 15:39
I totally agree that the most cost effective change is probably to go with the ALG. Great trigger at a great price.

BTW, How do we know this? Is this pure speculation because of the manufacturer and the spec sheet, materials?

I was under the impression that these are not even available yet. They are still taking pre orders.

While I agree that LIKELY these will be an EXCELLENT offering, there seem to be an awful lot of people talking about these triggers as though they have some ACTUAL experience with them.

Can we at least wait untill they are readily available to say difinataively that they are the cats meow?

Boxerglocker
02-14-2012, 16:31
I run a JP spring kit (use all springs), polished the trigger lightly... didn't find a need to do the creep fix... I believe it varies from rifle to rifle, mine has next to zero creep as is. My rifle has been pretty much flawless for several thousand rounds of Blazer 40g RN mostly in dynamic rapid fire practical rifle matches we hold at my local club. I try my hardest to resist accessorizing my 15-22 with anything but the essentials to mimic my actually AR-15. I bought it for the purpose of economical practice and fun plinking with my sons.
http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp73442%3Enu%3D68%3C5%3E%3A47%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3C%3B44336%3B345nu0mrj
Here it is in the stock form... I have added is a parachute cord single-point sling adapter for my MS2 sling and RSA to convert to 2-point, Magpul BUIS front and rear a MOE VFG and PA micro RD.

BBJones
02-14-2012, 18:39
BTW, How do we know this? Is this pure speculation because of the manufacturer and the spec sheet, materials?

I was under the impression that these are not even available yet. They are still taking pre orders.

While I agree that LIKELY these will be an EXCELLENT offering, there seem to be an awful lot of people talking about these triggers as though they have some ACTUAL experience with them.

Can we at least wait untill they are readily available to say difinataively that they are the cats meow?

Alot of positive reviews out there already by first hand users. Unless they lack the Geissle reliability, I don't really see any downside. $45 & $65 respectively not much at risk.

DJ Niner
02-15-2012, 00:51
I'm using a Rock River Arms two-stage AR trigger in my S&W, with fine results. HUGE improvement over the stock trigger, no adjustments needed (or wanted).

bullittmcqueen
02-15-2012, 07:35

You are correct that I have not personally used the new ALG trigger; however, I own a Geissele SSA. There are plenty of people I trust on M4C who have used and documented using this trigger and their analysis is good enough for me. My feelings are based on #1 My experience with Geissele triggers and #2 second hand information from other shooters I trust.