Cops are their to stop the bad guy, after the fact [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cops are their to stop the bad guy, after the fact

Civilian sheep Dog
02-13-2012, 15:53
Check out the link, another home invasion. this guy went into rob the place and came across a young victim, had his way and took off with a cell phone. Cops are mins. away when seconds count. Home invasions are the new corner store robbery. No witnesses, they can take their time, sexually assault the women and kids of the family and have you empty out your atm accounts. My suggestion is have a plan and train yourself and your gf/wife for a home invasion. Times are tough and I only see these things getting worse. This pos shouldn't make it into a court room. :steamed:

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Burglar-Sexually-Assaulted-Woman-in-Coral-Springs-Home-Invasion-139206774.html

Metal Angel
02-13-2012, 16:00
Yeah. If someone breaks into another person's home, their life is forfeit in my opinion. HD guns are a quick and just court system.

firefighter4215
02-13-2012, 16:12
Yeah. If someone breaks into another person's home, their life is forfeit in my opinion. HD guns are a quick and just court system.

But if the new Castle Doctrine law goes into effect in Iowa, why, all those criminals might be killed! Or at least that's what that article said...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

M2 Carbine
02-13-2012, 16:13
If it was up to me, any crime that it is legal to shoot (kill) the criminal during the commission of the crime should be an automatic death penalty if the criminal is found guilty in the trial.

Kill the criminal during the crime or kill them later, but kill them.

svtpwnz
02-13-2012, 16:17

+1 on that! This is the very reason that I ALWAYS keep my ccw pistol on me while I'm in the house. This POS should be taking a dirt nap and not occupying a jail cell. :steamed:

Undersiege1
02-13-2012, 16:23
That's scary. I agree with you on that one, I always have something on me.

HalfHazzard
02-13-2012, 16:23
Death penalty for rape in some instances.

GlockFish
02-13-2012, 17:12
You're preaching to the choir.
I'm glad I live in a state that honors the Castle Doctrine.

Civilian sheep Dog
02-13-2012, 17:32
Florida has castle doctrine :whistling:

Bruce M
02-13-2012, 18:54
Notwithstanding home defense guns, the Castle Doctrine, etc., a locked door with a decent lock and door frame can go a long way toward preventing these.

Cole125
02-13-2012, 19:03
Yeah if someone breaks in your house they deserve nothing less than a lead cure. They commit a crime, they get punished for it. Plain and simple.

sdsnet
02-13-2012, 19:05
Yes, locked steel doors with strong frames and large dogs will often cause one of these thugs to choose a different home...

This is also a perfect application for 12 Gauge 00 Buck shot.

1911austin
02-13-2012, 19:11
A lot of folks think that I’m paronid for always keeping a firearm within reach.

1911austin
02-13-2012, 19:12
Florida has castle doctrine :whistling:

Texas does as well....:whistling:

jhooten
02-14-2012, 09:06
So, just going by your inflammatory thread title you would rather live in a society like the one in Minority Report ( http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/minority-report/ ) where the Pre-Crime unit comes and roust you because some psychic said you may commit a crime in the future.

Bob Hafler
02-14-2012, 09:43
Anyone who thinks the cops are going to do anything but fill out the paperwork after the fact is kidding themselves. I'm grateful that PA. has come to it's senses and passed a castle doctrine law that makes sense.

svtpwnz
02-14-2012, 10:59
Texas does as well....:whistling:

South Carolina too! :whistling:

svtpwnz
02-14-2012, 11:02
A lot of folks think that Iím paronid for always keeping a firearm within reach.

+1 same here. If my weapon is not on me in the house, which 90% of the time it is, It is within a 6ft reach.

DrtyHarry
02-14-2012, 11:26
+1 same here. If my weapon is not on me in the house, which 90% of the time it is, It is within a 6ft reach.

Same here!

Harry

garyjandfamily
02-14-2012, 14:45
Notwithstanding home defense guns, the Castle Doctrine, etc., a locked door with a decent lock and door frame can go a long way toward preventing these.

Absolutely. We remodeled a couple of years ago, and that was my #1 priority. All exterior doors are now steel doors in a steel frame with a top-quality deadbolt.

The Remington 870, S&W M&P 40 and the Kimber are just there to reward perseverance!!

Civilian sheep Dog
02-14-2012, 15:11
So, just going by your inflammatory thread title you would rather live in a society like the one in Minority Report ( http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/minority-report/ ) where the Pre-Crime unit comes and roust you because some psychic said you may commit a crime in the future.

Nope. The thread title pretty much represents what police do, they react. Obviously after the crime happens, which implies its your job to protect yourself. Many people believe or dare I say hope that police will do that job and they have no responsibility in their own safety. this guy will prob do 15-20yrs (maybe) and go back to his ways prob do it again.

Sporaticus
02-14-2012, 16:42

And that is why the anti's hate them. Quick, certain justice, with no fancy lawyers, no mindless jurors.

janice6
02-14-2012, 16:51
Wanna bet he winds up in the statistics as a "child" (Teen ager)....Capitol punishment.