Pistol Backpack that flips to the front [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Backpack that flips to the front

ked
02-13-2012, 21:08
I saw something on the 'net yesterday about a backpack that you can pull a string, and then pull the handle of the pack over your head, and it flips over to the front and allows access to a handgun that is in the pack. I saw the video of it in use yesterday, but can't find it again. Any help?

ked

found it! Demonstration of the Ares Armor RAD Pack - YouTube

called the Ares Armor RAD pack

HoldHard
02-15-2012, 13:32
At $285 (http://www.aresarmor.com/install/ecom-prodshow/RADPACK.html)without a holster or plates, that's a bit steep... even if it is shipping in March.

YMMV

HH

SixkillerEnterprises
02-15-2012, 13:47
It would be faster if the pull string were located on the same side as the gun. Is that an option?

Patchman
02-15-2012, 13:52
If that handgun wasn't properly secured in that holster (or the holster wasn't properly secured) that flipping motion would cause it to fly off into the air. Becoming a 2-3 lbs unguided missile of sorts.

Steve50
02-16-2012, 11:39
not for use with Toupee ;-)

MadMonkey
02-16-2012, 11:52
Or a boonie hat. I can imagine flipping that over my head and completely obscuring my vision, like some bad Three Stooges act.

But then, most things I do end up that way.

Bill Lumberg
02-18-2012, 08:10
It's for blending into an urban environment. Not bad for your "student" guy hanging out as part of the advance for an EP detail, but hardly an item you're goin to use regularly.