Apology to Kel Tec [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Apology to Kel Tec

Viper 1
02-14-2012, 09:50
I posted a thread yesterday titled beware of Kel Tec. It was hasty and due to frustration but out of line.

The pistol was new and unfired but had a slide issue. A tech called this morning and immediately identified the problem which was an over torque issue of the frame halves. It was not a defect but a simple assembly operation and is very easy to fix. The tech continued by saying it would probaly have fixed itself at the range after 50 or so rounds.

They were very helpful and considerate, even apologetic and I owe them and some members that responded to my thread an apology.

This is my first Kel Tec product and certainly not my last.

Thank you!

MNBud
02-14-2012, 09:56
Apology accepted!!

alwaysshootin
02-14-2012, 10:15
That's very big of you viper! It's very easy to bash, especially, when aggravated, we've all been there. Again, very big of you, to rescind your original statement. But I meant every last word about Taurus!:supergrin:

4 glocks
02-14-2012, 10:17
I have called KT twice they were helpful each time. They do have limited hours.

58duck
02-14-2012, 11:10
it takes a big man to step up and admit he made a mistake.
i respect a man that can do that.

D3S3RT_P3NGU1N
02-14-2012, 11:22
Good to see someone being man enough to admit when they've made a mistake :thumbsup:

Tim151515
02-14-2012, 11:24
Glad to hear. Keep us updated! I really wanna hear how it works...I think it would be a very fun plinker...or with 30 rounds of 22mag(which I have heard can be loaded to .380 effectiveness) would be a very good HD/purse gun for a female shooter..

--->this is in reference to the pmr30 right?

E-2-E
02-14-2012, 11:29
+1, glad it all worked out for you

m2hmghb
02-14-2012, 12:46
I can see why you'd be short tempered Viper. I'm glad you got it sorted out. The apology is a really nice thing to do. Enjoy the new pistol!

Mr Spock
02-14-2012, 12:52
Glad everything worked out. Yes, KelTecs do need a break in period, and there are sometimes issues, but the company is one of the most responsive and friendly companies I have ever dealt with from a customer service standpoint. I had a gun that wasn't firing some hard-primered Russian ammo and just in case it was the gun's fault they replaced all the internals (as in EVERY moving part and some non moving) no questions asked. I dropped it off late one day, and the morning two days later it was ready. It would have been sooner had I dropped it off earlier in the day.

Novocaine
02-14-2012, 12:59
Yeah, it's big of you. But assembly defect is still defect. How many times you hear parachute manufacturers say "No prob. It would've fixed itself in fifty jumps or so"?

That they have known easily fixed problem and do not bother fixing it speaks volumes to me.

wingspar
02-14-2012, 13:21
Much better thread than your last one. To bad you canít change the title of your other thread. That will probably still get more replies just due to the title.

I own two Kel-Tecís, and have never had a problem nor have I really heard anything negative about their CS.

redbaron007
02-14-2012, 13:29
Thanks Viper1.

Posting while emotional can have side effects. I can relate! :supergrin:

:wavey:

red

Sporaticus
02-14-2012, 15:44
This is my first Kel Tec product and certainly not my last.

Let's not be too hasty.

Ruggles
02-14-2012, 15:47
Way to step up to the plate :)

wjv
02-14-2012, 16:57
To bad you can’t change the title of your other thread. That will probably still get more replies just due to the title.

Easy to do. Just
- Edit your initial posting
- Then select 'go advanced'

And you can edit the thread title.

But this is only IF you are the person who started the thread.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

RustyShackelford
02-14-2012, 17:29
Three cheers for Viper1!

Bruce M
02-14-2012, 18:44
Glad to hear they helped to solve the issue.

RYT 2BER
02-14-2012, 19:04
For some reason I'm a keltec fan so I'm glad to hear.

My experiences have been positive with them!!!

packinaglock
02-14-2012, 19:17
I have a P3AT that I had an issue with when I first got it years ago> I sent it back they fixed it and now it runs 100%. I'm still a little miffed that Keltec didn't sue Ruger because the LCP is like a P3AT twin copy? Nothing against Ruger but how about coming up with your own designs. :whistling:

travis34769
02-14-2012, 20:07
Glad everything worked out. I was curious to know what was going to be the final solution to the problem

glockpsych
02-14-2012, 20:24
I hope I am as lucky. I recently sent my KelTec PF9 back to Cocoa, FL for the second time in a year. Still waiting to hear back from them. I think I got a real lemon.

El_Ron1
02-14-2012, 22:13
I remain bewared.

Snaps
02-15-2012, 03:29
I might need to call them. I have a p3at that will not chamber, much less feed hollow points so its sat for years. Problem is I didn't keep a receipt for the little fella

johntom
02-15-2012, 04:17
Thats very cool of you to post up a retraction when they fixed the problem.... and as a fellow Kel Tec chance giver, I think they owe us an apology for not having their new shotgun readily available yet...

vafish
02-15-2012, 05:31
If they made it right in the first place you wouldn't have had to call customer service.

Kel-tec has a long history of shipping out poorly made guns, then happily fixing them.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Dirk Pitt
02-15-2012, 13:14
What's their customer service number ? I have SU 16 magazines to return.

FelixD
02-15-2012, 21:29
It was very nice of you to retract your comments, but your initial frustration is not a rare occurrence. The PF9 seems to have an inordinate number of problems. It is a good design on its face, but really needs help with execution. The people at KT are mostly ease to deal with, some even seem to care.

holesinpaper
02-15-2012, 22:01
It was not a defect but a simple assembly operation and is very easy to fix.

Over torque IS a manufacturing defect imho.

It is a mistake in manufacturing, not adhering to their own specs. Bad QC.

Spiffums
02-16-2012, 07:38
This is why most message boards lock threads screaming about a "bad gun" before they contact the maker.

Glad everything worked out for ya.

snappy
02-16-2012, 08:01
It was very nice of you to retract your comments, but your initial frustration is not a rare occurrence. The PF9 seems to have an inordinate number of problems. It is a good design on its face, but really needs help with execution. The people at KT are mostly ease to deal with, some even seem to care.

What's not taken into consideration many times is that many problems people experience are user errors. Many folks "limp wrist" these guns and blame it on Kel Tec or have ftf's and instead of trying another brand of ammo just curse the gun and be done with it. I love my pf9, never have had any problems with it and carry it daily, it's a joy to carry being so slim. I've got a p11, p3at, p32, pf9, and a sub 2000 and have never had any problems that I couldn't take care of myself. These guns are very simple to work on and KT will often times send the parts for free or very little. I've never had a major issue with any of them.

Viper 1
02-16-2012, 09:45
What's not taken into consideration many times is that many problems people experience are user errors. Many folks "limp wrist" these guns and blame it on Kel Tec or have ftf's and instead of trying another brand of ammo just curse the gun and be done with it. I love my pf9, never have had any problems with it and carry it daily, it's a joy to carry being so slim. I've got a p11, p3at, p32, pf9, and a sub 2000 and have never had any problems that I couldn't take care of myself. These guns are very simple to work on and KT will often times send the parts for free or very little. I've never had a major issue with any of them.

I agree and I over re-acted. I'm not an expert but I own many guns and I know the drill.

Kel Tec has determined it has an issue and it is being returned. Their customer service has been very good and they will turn it around within days.

It is a fun shooter and very accurate and I look forward to getting it back.