shipping to CA, shipping ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : shipping to CA, shipping ammo

win
02-14-2012, 18:03
I am having a brain meltdown. Can someone tell me what I need to do to ship ammo?
Also get me started in the direction I need to go to ship to California.
I went to the CA DOJ and basicly just got a headace.
I need to register with the doj? then send my number to doj with ffl in ca and the gun I am trying to ship. yugo M57.
Thanks

Merkavaboy
02-14-2012, 19:35
There are certain cities and counties that you cannot ship ammo to, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland & Sacramento cities and Napa and San Francisco counties. If you're sending the ammo to some other city, just box it up and ship via UPS.

All firearms have to go from one FFL to another FFL to do the required 10 day wait period.

win
02-14-2012, 19:49
can a privet person ship a gun into ca or does it have to go FFL to FFL?
thanks

BBJones
02-14-2012, 21:14
can a privet person ship a gun into ca or does it have to go FFL to FFL?
thanks

All firearms must be shipped to an FFL unless it is a FFL returning to the owner who shipped it to them.

What an FFL will accept depends on the the receiving FFL. Only a-holes won't accept a rifle from a private citizen (there are some FFL's who will only accept from another FFL). There are more that won't accept a handgun from a private citizen (again bordering on total a-hole). I would check with the FFL that you plan to be shipping to. calguns.net is a great resource for all CA firearms and 2A questions.

remember no mags with more than 10 rounds can be shipped assembled. You can disassemble the mag and ship and transfer it as a magazine rebuild kit.

Glock21Owner
02-14-2012, 21:35
I live in SF and I get ammo routinely by UPS

02-14-2012, 21:46
Cali's gun laws are a pain. I don't claim to know them but, are you able to ship an M57 to cali given that it has to be on an approved list? I don't know how it applies to C&R license as some were manufactured in to the '60s.

WASR10
02-14-2012, 22:10
Thanks

Merkavaboy
02-15-2012, 01:33
I live in SF and I get ammo routinely by UPS

Consider yourself lucky then. And hope you don't get caught :thumbsup: